Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

that they want to go in a different direction," h ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

that they want to go in a different direction," h

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/13 12:46AM
Latest post: 2013/07/13 12:46AM, Views: 581, Posts: 1
that they want to go in a different direction," h
#1   2013/07/13 12:46AM
fengzhu
LONDON - If you thought Ryan Lochte might scale it back a bit after he failed to win more than one individual gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games, think again. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . "Im probably going to swim more events in 2016, and Im going to swim as long as Im having fun," the American said Sunday, a day after the conclusion of the swimming events at London 2012. In Lochtes six events, he won two golds — one in the 400-metre individual medley and one with the 4x200 freestyle relay squad — two silvers in the 200-metre IM and the 4x100 free relay, and a bronze in the 200-metre backstroke. He was fourth in the 200-metre freestyle. "Im definitely going to be training a lot differently and Ill be training for more of the shorter events, so Ill be cutting down my training a little," he said. New events might include the 100-metre backstroke and the 100-metre butterfly — a race in which he narrowly missed qualifying. Teammate Matthew Grevers won the 100m backstroke, while Michael Phelps has won the 100m butterfly at three consecutive Olympic Games. Expectations for Lochte were high before London 2012, and Phelps, who is retiring, understands why Lochte is making changes. "Im sure he has goals and Im sure hes the same way I am — hes a competitor," Phelps said. "If he doesnt accomplish those goals, hes going to go back to the drawing board and see what he needs to do to accomplish them the next time." So which events will Lochte add? "Im going to keep everyone guessing for the next four years," he said. "Well have to see." For now, Lochte is sticking with the gruelling 400m IM. But hell cut back on the painful training load that garnered so much attention ahead of the Olympics: 10 miles split over five hours in two workouts every day of the week. "I told my coach, Ill stop swimming that event when someone beats me, and I havent lost that event in three years," Lochte said. "So I think Ill keep training for it but Ill do a different training. Ill work more on my sprint events." Lochte will also compete more. For the first time, hes planning to race in the often-ignored World Cup circuit. The series of short-course meets starts in October and lasts six weeks with stops in Dubai, Doha, Stockholm, Moscow, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo and Singapore. "Im going to try to go to all of them," he said at a sponsor event. "Im definitely looking forward to that." Lochte will be 32 by the time the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games roll around. "Age is just a number," he said. "There are some people that the older they get they get better. Thats what Ive been doing. Ive gotten faster every year, so I plan on getting even faster." Wholesale Packers Jerseys China . He just hasnt decided where hes going or what he wants to do. Hoping to squelch a weekend report that he would be interested in coaching the Dallas Cowboys if Jason Garrett gets fired, Holmgren, who may leave the Browns before this season ends, went out of his way Monday to make it known he isnt angling for any job. Wholesale Packers Jerseys . As Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau perform, the Minnesota Twins will follow. http://www.who... . Greg Mohns, who earned Grey Cup rings in separate stints as an executive with the Toronto Argonauts, died Wednesday of throat cancer. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseyschinaonline.com/mlb-jerseys/]Wholesale MLB Jerseys .04 million viewers watched live coverage of the UEFA EURO 2012 Final on TSN and RDS – making this years Spain-Italy championship game the most-watched EURO match ever on Canadian television*. Wholesale Jerseys China . That was all the time Alexandre Despatie had to prepare him for his final Olympic qualifying opportunity ahead of the London 2012 Olympic Games.INDIANAPOLIS -- IndyCar said Tuesday it is exploring partnerships with tire manufacturers besides Bridgestone Firestone, which has been the sole supplier for the series and under contract through the 2014 season. Al Speyer, executive director of Firestone Racing, told Motorsport Magazine the company is interested in extending its contract with IndyCar through perhaps 2020, but has heard rumours that IndyCar is looking at other deals. IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard confirmed that the series is looking at many different tire options and Firestone is not out of the mix. "IndyCar is always exploring whats best for the sport for both the short and long term," Bernard said in a statement. "It is thhe series goal to have partners that will provide safe, reliable and high-performance products that are designed to meet and exceed the on-track demands. Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap. quot; Speyer told the magazine Firestone is "deeply concerned" there is little the manufacturer can do but wait to see what IndyCar decides. "Even though we thought they wanted to extend with us, all of a sudden we learned that they want to go in a different direction," he said. "Its clear to us the current IndyCar management is not interested in working with us. We want to stay. Weve got certain rights and we want to stay. This new direction caught us by surprise. We had no idea it was coming." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes