Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nd getting the deal done." The Hall of Fam - Off T...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nd getting the deal done." The Hall of Fam

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/16 11:21PM
Latest post: 2013/07/16 11:21PM, Views: 550, Posts: 1
nd getting the deal done." The Hall of Fam
#1   2013/07/16 11:21PM
fengzhu
American Missy Franklin added an Olympic record and a second gold to her medal haul at the London 2012 Olympic Games on Wednesday evening. Wholesale NHL Jerseys . The 17-year-old swam the opening leg of the womens 4x200-metre relay, setting up teammates Dana Vollmer , Shannon Vreeland and Allison Schmitt to claim gold. Their final time of seven minutes, 42.92 seconds lowered the Olympic record by 1.39 seconds. "I just tried to get to the wall as fast as I could," Franklin said. The medal was her third of the Games; she won gold in the womens 100m backstroke on Monday and contributed to Team USAs third-place finish in Saturdays 4x100m freestyle relay. Franklin is the first female American swimmer to have qualified for seven Olympic events. Wednesdays gold also marked Vollmer and Schmitts second win of Londons Games. Australia finished second, while France was third. Canadas young 4x200-metre freestyle relay team fell just short of the podium, finishing fourth in 7:50.65. Competing with an average age of under-20, the four Olympic rookies -- Barbara Jardin , Samantha Cheverton , Amanda Reason and Brittany MacLean -- swam to Canadas best-ever Olympic finish in the event. "Third place would have been really great but at the same time we were fourth at the Olympics," said Jardin, who swam Canadas opening leg. The team finished seventh-place swim at the World Championships last year. "We definitely took a step up, there," Jardin added. "I think were all really happy with the time." The Americans and Australians battled it out for much of the race, trading positions at almost every turn. "I knew it was going to be close," said Allison Schmitt, who swam the anchor leg for the United States. "I was just trying to swim my own race and save legs on that first 50m... and bring it home strong for the U.S." She pulled away at the last, winning gold by almost two seconds. The medal marked the eighth swimming gold for the United States. "I knew Allison was going to pull off something amazing and the rest of us had to be at least even with everyone else," Vollmer said. "Knowing that, I fought as hard as I could that last 50m to either get ahead or at least stay even with the field so every person diving in would have the best chance they could." Australias team of Bronte Barratt , Melanie Schlanger , Kylie Palmer and Alicia Coutts posted a time of 7:44.41 for silver. Wholesale Jerseys Store .C. -- Defending champion John Isner and top seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France both won Tuesday in the second round of the Winston-Salem Open. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Valladolid began the match looking sharp with fast-paced attacks, and Ebert wrong-footed defender Fernando Navarro and beat the goalkeeper by firing low inside the far post in the second minute. http://herownblog.com/wholesalen... . "Brook-lyn! Brook-lyn!" Those were the lyrics of a rocking return to major pro sports. "That gave me jitters, man. Chills," guard Joe Johnson said. "I know that these fans want the best for this team. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesalenfljerseys/]Wholesale MLB Jerseys . The Suns scored the final 14 points of the third to take a 71-59 lead they would not relinquish, sending Cleveland to its 10th loss in 11 games. Cavaliers centre Anderson Varejao had 20 points and 18 rebounds for his sixth straight double-double. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . Brook Lopez, the centerpiece in trade packages for the Orlando Magics All-Star centre, never wavered. We wanted to be in Brooklyn, and he was willing to wait for his time to sign a deal and rejoin his teammates. TORONTO -- The Great One is optimistic about the NHLs labour situation. Wayne Gretzky said Monday that he believes the leagues current lockout will end before the showcase Winter Classic between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs. "I believe in my heart, maybe because Im such a big hockey fan, that they will be playing by Jan. 1," said Gretzky during a question and answer period at a panel discussion on personal finance. "I think the hard part of their deal was the last negotiations (in 2004) of players agreeing to a salary cap. "Now that there is a salary cap in place, and revenue sharing, I see them ultimately getting a deal done here and I see them playing hockey this year." Detroit and Toronto are currently scheduled to play outdoors at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbour to kick off the new year. Gretzky was reluctant to analyzee the ongoing labour negotiations because hes not directly involved in them. Wholesale Jerseys. "The only thing I will say is the commissioners office and Donald Fehr and the players association are very smart men, theyre both very intelligent ..." said Gretzky. "Its a matter of sitting down and getting the deal done." The Hall of Fame centre and former part owner of the Phoenix Coyotes believes that the gap between the league and its players is smaller than in 2004, when the NHL lost an entire season. "I think that in 2004 we were changing the whole landscape," said Gretzky. "Ownership wanted to have some sort of revenue sharing and once we came to the revenue sharing, the hard part -- from my point of view -- seems to be out of the way. "Now its a question of working out the number that both sides think is fair." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes