Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

still at United, but is likely to leave to make wa...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

still at United, but is likely to leave to make way

Started by a123456, 2013/07/18 03:10AM
Latest post: 2013/07/18 03:10AM, Views: 424, Posts: 1
still at United, but is likely to leave to make way
#1   2013/07/18 03:10AM
a123456
INDIANAPOLIS -- Mr. Beats By Dre Cheap . Irrelevant may have earned himself an NFL roster spot with a win that didnt even count. At least its given him a chance. Chandler Harnish, the last pick in this years draft, threw a 42-yard touchdown pass to Dominique Jones with 6:54 left in the game and gave the Colts a 20-16 victory over Cincinnati in Thursday nights preseason finale. Now comes the hard part -- determining if Harnish will be one of three quarterbacks on Indianapolis opening day roster. "Chandlers played well all along," coach Chuck Pagano said, dropping no hint of his thoughts heading into Fridays cuts. "Hes had some rough starts when he gets in there, but once he calms down, hes been able to move this team and be productive." Harnish got his most extensive action of the preseason because the starting quarterbacks -- and the backups -- for both teams made early exits. Top overall draft pick Andrew Luck ran only three official plays before following the script and heading to the sideline for good. He was 1 of 2 for 8 yards, easily his lightest work day since finishing classes at Stanford and returning to the Colts complex for mini-camp in early June. Andy Dalton lasted twice as long as Luck, but left earlier than anticipated, too, after giving the Bengals a real scare. On Cincinnatis sixth offensive play, the young offensive line broke down, allowing Robert Mathis to hit Dalton on his throwing arm. Dalton stayed down briefly at first, then got up, walked toward the sideline and dropped to the ground again where trainers appeared to look at his right elbow. The team announced it was a bruised arm. Fortunately for the Bengals (2-2), the injury wasnt as bad as it looked. "It was a stupid thing where my hand went a little numb, kind of like getting hit in the funny bone," Dalton explained. "I wish it didnt happen, but it did. Ill be ready to go (for the season opener)." With the starters out and the second-string guys seeing limited action, too, Harnish and the other players got a chance to prove they could play. At times, Harnish dazzled the home-state fans with his strong throws. At other times, Harnish struggled mightily. He wound 9 of 16 for 162 yards, throwing for one TD and leading the Colts (2-2) on three touchdown drives that consumed a combined total of 5 minutes, 58 seconds. While Pagano was impressed, Harnish was hopeful heading into cutdown day. "I dont know if satisfied is the word Id use," Harnish said. "Id say confident. We do feel pretty pumped up about what we did (winning). You can only do so much. I think theres been a lot of good things for myself and the unit." Between scores, it was a long, ugly game for the I-74 rivals that traditionally close out the preseason. Indy managed only one first down in the first 26 minutes and drew five of its 10 penalties in the first 20 minutes. Cincinnati (2-2) struggled, too, committing 14 penalties and giving the Colts too many extra opportunities. Seven-year NFL veteran Bruce Gradkowski replaced Dalton and led the Bengals to three first-half scoring drives. He finished 12 of 19 for 95 yards with one TD. Zac Robinson played the entire second half for the Bengals and wound up 16 of 22 for 140 yards. Cincinnati built an early 10-0 lead, trailed 14-13 at halftime and then retook the lead 16-14 on Mike Nugents 22-yard field goal midway through the third quarter. The Bengals couldnt hold either one. "I thought the ability of the first group to go out there and play with a great tempo early in the football game, they came out and got off to a good start, and thats what we were looking for," coach Marvin Lewis said. "It was a battle with the rest of the guys, the rest of the way down. We were short on numbers." Harnish took advantage of those problems. He got the Colts into the end zone twice in the final 2:28 of the first half. Deji Karim ran 7 yards for Indys first score and Darren Evans scored on a 1-yard run after the Bengals were called for pass interference in the end zone. Suddenly, Indy led 14-10. And when the Colts needed another big play, Harnish hooked up with Jones, who made a nifty catch on the move, eluded one tackle and broke another as he headed toward the end zone for the win. "I think a lot of kudos to Chandler, coming in with the other guys and putting points on the board and finishing it out," Luck said. Notes: Both teams benched five starters Thursday. Indy played without receiver Austin Collie, cornerback Jerraud Powers, defensive end Cory Redding and left guard Joe Reitz and rush linebacker Dwight Freeney. The Bengals kept centre Kyle Cook, defensive end Carlos Dunlap, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, tight end Jermaine Gresham and middle linebacker Rey Maualuga on the sideline. ... The New Castle, Ind., team that went to the Little League World Series was recognized on the field before the game. ... Former Ohio State running back Daniel Herron led the Bengals in rushing with 15 carries for 29 yards. ... Karim led the Colts with 12 carries for 36 yards. Beats By Dre UK . The Maryland Racing Commission voted 7-0 on Tuesday in a special hearing at Laurel Park to change the official time of the race from 1:54 2/5 to 1:53. That gives Secretariat records in each of his three Triple Crown races -- the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes -- that still stand. Dre Beats Headphones cheap . The underperforming English champions are last in Group D with only two points from four matches after opening the campaign with a 3-2 loss at Madrid. "It is very difficult, because probably we did some mistakes in the first game," City manager Roberto Mancini said Tuesday. http://www.cheapbeatsbydreukstore.... . The third-ranked Englishman was at 12 under after playing with a new set of irons ahead of the U.S. Open at the Olympic Club in San Francisco next week. [url=http://www.cheapbeatsbydreukstore.co.uk/]Beats By Dre Sale . Hes hoping to avoid that mishap on Tuesday. Darvish and St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese are headed to the Midsummer Classic after fans voted them into next weeks showcase in Kansas City. Beats by Dre headphones . Russell Martin hit a hard grounder off Alvarezs leg in the fourth inning Monday night and the ball caromed into shallow right field for an RBI single.MANCHESTER, England -- Robin van Persie became the latest big-name player to slip from Arsenals grasp when the Netherlands striker completed his move to Manchester United on a four-year deal on Friday. Van Persie agreed personal terms and passed a medical examination to complete a transfer that is believed to have cost United about 24 million pounds ($38 million). "I am looking forward to following in the footsteps of so many great strikers, bringing my experience and playing my part to help the team compete for the biggest trophies in the game," Van Persie said. "I cant wait to get started." While Arsenal will be happy to have recouped such a big fee for a 29-year-old player who has had many injury problems in his eight years at the club, Van Persies departure nevertheless deprives manager Arsene Wenger of his captain and the leagues top scorer last season with 30 goals. In fact, Van Persie becomes the fifth Arsenal captain to leave the club since 2004, after Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, William Gallas and, in the preseason of 2011, Cesc Fabregas. Van Persies future at Arsenal has looked bleak ever since he issued a statement on his personal website last month saying he disagreed with the direction the club was heading. The London team hasnt won a trophy since 2005, when it beat United on penalties to capture the FA Cup. "Let me make one thing clear, I dont want things to get twisted," Van Persie said. "From my side and Arsenals side now, there are no hard feelings. Its just certain elements are vital for me and we had different views." The Netherlands international also spoke of his excitement at playing alongside players such as Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. "Of course Id love to play with Wayne," Van Persie said. ""Ive said many times before he is a world-class player all-round. &qquot;Scholes and Giggs are world class and have been proving it for 20 years now. Official Beats By Dre UK. . That had a big impact (in my decision), definitely. Id like to say we are all in it together to achieve greatness." Manchester City and Juventus initially showed interest in Van Persie, but Ferguson maintained his pursuit of the Dutchman, who could now make his debut against Everton in Uniteds Premier League opener at Goodison Park on Monday. Van Persies departure provides further evidence that Arsenal can no longer compete with the likes of City, United and Chelsea. In the past three years, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy, Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure have all joined big-spending City, which won the English title last season. Fabregas left to join Barcelona, widely seen as the best team in world football, and now a disillusioned Van Persie has departed. Wenger has already brought in Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski in anticipation of Van Persie being sold, meaning there is no need for the last-minute signings that happened on transfer deadline day last August after the reluctant sales of Nasri and Fabregas. Van Persie will join an attacking unit at Old Trafford that already includes Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez. Dimitar Berbatov is also still at United, but is likely to leave to make way for Van Persie. He is Uniteds third signing of the preseason, after Japan playmaker Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund and midfielder Nick Powell from English lower-league team Crewe Alexandra. "Robin is a world-class striker with a proven record in England and in European football," United manager Alex Ferguson said. "His talents need no introduction to our fans -- he has scored a number of goals against us in some classic battles with his former club. "His movement, finishing and all-round ability are outstanding." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes