Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d with a 30-foot eagle putt on the par- - Off Topi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d with a 30-foot eagle putt on the par-

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/29 11:27PM
Latest post: 2013/07/29 11:27PM, Views: 396, Posts: 1
d with a 30-foot eagle putt on the par-
#1   2013/07/29 11:27PM
fengzhu
SEOUL, South Korea -- Canada hammered out fourteen hits, including eight doubles as Canada pounded Panama 10-1 on Wednesday at the world under-18 baseball championships. . Brock Dykxhoorn of Goderich, Ont., provided 7 1-3 solid innings on the mound as Canada took first place in Group B with a 4-1 record and sets up a game with the United States late Wednesday in the first of three second-round games. "I just wanted to pound the strike zone early and get ahead of hitters," said Dykxhoorn. "Once I did that I tried to use my secondary stuff to get them to swing late and it worked right from the start." Brent Siddall of Windsor, Ont., led the Canadian offence going 3-for-5 with two doubles, an RBI and two runs scored, while Jacob Robson, also from Windsor, Kyle Hann of Oakville, Ont., Victorias Jesse Hodges and Josh Naylor of Mississauga, Ont., had two hits apiece. Canada will play Colombia on Thursday and host Korea on Friday. At the conclusion of the second round, first and second place will meet for gold, while third and fourth spot will play to decide the bronze medal. Robson led off the first with an infield single and Hann wacked a double to right field that saw Robson score and Hann end up on third after the fielder misplayed the ball. Hann scored on a wild-pitch and Canada got off to the quick start they were looking for. Canada kept rolling in the second as Torontos Mitchell Triolo doubled to the gap in left to score Naylor. Nathan DeSouza of Milton, Ont., doubled to right which brought in Owen Spiwak of Mississauga, and Triolo. Brett Siddall of Windsor and Naylor both collected doubles in the top of the third and Canada jumped in front 6-0. The doubles were Canadas fourth and fifth of the game in only the third inning. Dykxhoorn had faced the minimum amount of hitters through three allowing only a walk that was erased by a double play. The doubles parade continued in the fourth as Robson led-off with one to right-centre and moved to third on a base-hit from Hann. After DeSouza walked, Torontos Gareth Morgan hit into a fielders choice which scored Robson and Hodges singled up the middle which brought in Hann. Panama broke the shutout bid in the fifth when back-to-back singles, a fielders choice and wild-pitch brought in a run. Canada added a pair of runs in the eighth when Siddall smoked a double to deep centre-field which scored Morgan, and Siddall later scored on a wild pitch. Dykxhoorn came back out for the bottom of the eighth, struck out the first batter he faced and them was replaced by Christian Botnick of Brampton, Ont., who finished off the game. [url=http://www.ramsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-mike-mcneill-jersey-rl-18.... McNeill Jersey .C. -- Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season. . When the Los Angeles Kings were finished raising their banner and receiving their rings Saturday, the Blackhawks reminded the champs that what happened last year wont help the Kings in this shortened NHL season. [url=http://www.ramsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-joe-namath-jersey-ux-13.ht... . Hanrahan left the team to be with his family following the death of his grandmother. He is expected to return to the Pirates on Sunday. Manager Clint Hurdle says hes not sure who would serve as the teams closer in place of Hanrahan. [url=http://www.ramsofficialteamstore.com/]St. Louis Rams Jersey . They were not guaranteed a victory, and they didnt get one -- just another failed Phoenix comeback. A tough, fall-away 21-footer by O. . Conversation came easily for Dallas Eakins and Randy Carlyle as they watched the Toronto Marlies go through a full scrimmage at training camp on Monday morning.BOISE, Idaho -- Luke Guthrie wrapped a PGA Tour card for next season, winning the Boise Open on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title. Guthrie, the 22-year-old former Illinois player who turned professional after the NCAA tournament, closed with a 6-under 65 for a four-stroke victory. He opened with rounds of 64, 71 and 62 and finished with a tournament-record 22-under 262 total at Hillcrest Country Club. "It was awesome," said Guthrie, still a business student at Illinois. "I know it probably hasnt sunk in yet. I couldnt be more proud of how I played." Guthrie earned $130,500 to jump from 22nd to fourth with $283,463, more than enough to earn a PGA Tour spot next year as a top-25 finisher. He has five top-10 finishes in six starts on the developmental tour, losing a playoff to Ben Kohles in Columbus, Ohio, and tying for third in Omaha, Neb. "One of my main goals today was just to have fun," he said. [url=http://www.ramsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-alec-ogletree-jersey-ku-35... Ogletree Jersey. "I kind of shot myself in the foot a few times just being too uptight and wanting it too bad and worrying about where this might put me on the money list. Thats all kind of irrelevant once you tee it up." The two-time Big Ten champion also has earned $284,672 in three PGA Tour starts, all top-20 finishes. He tied for fifth in the John Deere Classic in July. Guthrie took the lead with a 30-foot eagle putt on the par-5 third hole and did his best to play aggressive-conservative golf the rest of the way. "Pick a conservative target, but make sure you play aggressively to it," he said. "I played smart. Attack the easy holes and hunker down and make solid pars." Richard H. Lee, Scott Gardiner, Steve Wheatcroft and Michael Putnam tied for second. Lee closed with a 66, Gardiner and Wheatcroft shot 69, and Putnam had a 71. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes