Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

goals ... How do I say it? Its important that you ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

goals ... How do I say it? Its important that you put it behind you," the softly spoken Appiah told

Started by fsliang, 2013/08/03 07:43AM
Latest post: 2013/08/03 07:43AM, Views: 450, Posts: 1
goals ... How do I say it? Its important that you put it behind you," ...
#1   2013/08/03 07:43AM
fsliang
LONDON - Andrei Kirilenko scored 16 points to lead Russia to a 73-54 win over China and its second victory in two games at the mens Olympic basketball tournament. . Kirilenko, who recently signed a 2-year, US$20 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, also had nine rebounds as Russia easily took care of China its second defeat in Group B. The former Utah Jazz standout is averaging 25.5 points in Russias first two games. Russia went on a 10-0 run to open a 20-10 lead and was never really challenged the rest of the game. Guard Alexey Shved finished with 14 points for Russia and centre Sasha Kaun added 13. Yi Jianlian, a forward with the Washington Wizards, had 16 points and seven rebounds and was the only China player to score in double figures. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-michael-irvin-jersey-ny... Irvin Jersey . Torii Hunter added a two-run homer and scored three times to help Los Angeles complete a three-game sweep. On a day when the ball was flying out of hitter-friendly Coors Field, the Angels scored nine times in the first four innings. . Nikola Pekovic had 28 points and 11 rebounds and Kevin Love added 23 points and 18 boards to lift the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 111-107 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night. Andrei Kirilenko added 20 points and five rebounds for the Timberwolves, who were missing guard Ricky Rubio because of back spasms. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-anthony-spencer-jersey-... .S. - Some of the worlds top young hockey players have gathered in Yarmouth, N. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-romo-jersey-vt-49.... Romo Jersey . The Halifax native joined the organization in October 2010. His resignation is effective immediately. "JP has done great work since joining us. . Briand defeated fellow Canadian Arthur Margelidon in the semifinal of the mens under-73-kilogram class, then defeated Mexicos Lee Matya for gold. Margelidon and Justin Fumiya Imagawa, who lost to Mata in the semifinals, each won their bronze-medal matches.NELSPRUIT, South Africa -- The African Cup of Nations produced all the colour, chaos and drama with which it has traditionally been associated on Monday, as well as a couple of surprising results in Group C. Leading the way was Ethiopia, whose return to the tournament after a 31-year absence drew an estimated 10,000 fans, with busloads of South African-based immigrants flooding into Nelspruit from Johannesburg. They were rewarded for their support with an unexpected 1-1 draw with defending champion Zambia, but not before they reacted to a red card for goalkeeper Jemal Tassew by throwing vuvuzelas and other debris onto the pitch. The match was delayed for eight minutes before order was restored, with organizers deploying riot police on the side of the pitch to maintain calm for the remainder of the evening. The tackle from Tassew was a dangerous one, with the goalkeeper flying into Chisamba Lungu outside the penalty area with his studs up at waist height, yet coach Sewnet Bishaw defended his player. "The goalkeeper is not only a goalkeeper, he is also a defender and he went to defend the ball. I tell you that should not be a red card," he said. "The reaction of the fans is normal. They are supporting their boys and they want them to win." Collins Mbesuma capitalized on Zambias numerical advantage in first-half injury time, but Ethiopia, whose effervescent striker Saladin Seida had missed a penalty in the 25th minute, regrouped during the break. With Zambia failing to impose themselves in the second half, coach Herve Renard elected to replace left back Joseph Musonda after 60 minutes with a third striker in the form of Jacob Mulenga, but was left to rue his decision. Five minutes later Ethiopia attacked down the channel that had previously been protected by Musonga, and Seidas layoff allowed Adane Girma to rifle home the equalizer. That unleashed a healthier form of bedlam in the Ethiopian-dominated stands, and the Walya Antelope fans were the ones celebrating at the final whistle. "I would like to congratulate the Ethiopian team. I thought they put in a very good performance, but its no great surprise for me," Renard said. "I think today it was the fault of the coach because I did not prepare this side to start very well. It was a vvery bad result, but we deserved what we got. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-deion-sanders-jersey-mz... Sanders Cowboys Jersey. quot; The second match at the Mbombela Stadium was short on entertainment, but it nevertheless produced late drama when substitute Alain Traore struck in the final seconds of stoppage time to give Burkina Faso a 1-1 draw with two-time champion Nigeria. The Super Eagles controlled the game thanks largely to a man-of-the-match performance from Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, but were made to pay for a lack of ambition and a second yellow card for Efe Ambrose in the 74th minute that saw the defender dismissed. Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike opened the scoring with a composed finish after 23 minutes, but Nigeria, which was without the injured Victor Moses, showed little ambition thereafter and was punished when Traore took advantage of a slip-up by defender Godfrey Oboabona. That meant that five of the six games at this African Cup have been drawn, with Mali the only team to have gained maximum points in its 1-0 win over Niger on Sunday evening. In Port Elizabeth, Ghanas squad and coaching staff held a series of meetings to dissect Sundays slump against Congo in their Group B opener. Coach Kwesi Appiah said the players had first met among themselves on Sunday night to discuss how they blew a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 -- and nearly lose -- against a competitive and free-flowing Congolese team at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. More soul-searching gatherings would follow, Appiah said. Tipped as a strong title contender despite a relatively young team, Ghana has Mali next in the third meeting between the regular foes in the last two Cup of Nations. It needed to forget Congo quickly. "Once youre leading and you concede two goals ... How do I say it? Its important that you put it behind you," the softly spoken Appiah told reporters at a press conference in a stuffy room in the team hotel and beamed live back to Ghana. The coach and players Kwadwo Asamoah and Emmanuel Agyemang Badu had been brought in front of the cameras to explain Sundays tentative performance. The distance Ghana has to make up to the tournament favourite will be clearer when Didier Drogbas Ivory Coast takes on Emmanuel Adebayors Togo on Tuesday to start Group D in the sweltering heat of Rustenburg up in the north west. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes