Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

season Friday, the Astros followed it - Off Topic ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

season Friday, the Astros followed it

Started by fsliang, 2013/08/03 07:48AM
Latest post: 2013/08/03 07:48AM, Views: 364, Posts: 1
season Friday, the Astros followed it
#1   2013/08/03 07:48AM
fsliang
GREEN BAY, Wis. . -- The question is no longer whether Greg Jennings will play Sunday at Indianapolis. Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy took care of that on Thursday, ruling the two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver out with the groin injury that has nagged him all season. "I had a conversation with Greg before practice, and we just talked through the history of his injury. And we felt like we were going around in a circle," McCarthy said. "We just felt, Why take this decision all the way to Sunday?" Jennings suffered the injury in the closing minutes of Sept. 9 opener against San Francisco, then missed the Sept. 13 victory over Chicago. He returned to play at Seattle on Sept. 24, then aggravated the injury last Sunday against New Orleans and had to come out of the game in the second quarter after his 9-yard touchdown catch. "(Ive) got to be smart now," said Jennings, who is in the last year of his contract and has 12 catches for 78 yards and one touchdown. "Honestly, thats where my frustration starts. (You want to) be a tough guy (but its) not so much (about) being a tough guy - you just want to go out there and play. Theres a difference between being smart with it and being kind of ignorant. ... I cant keep having that up and down - Im in one game, out the next, not sure one game, good the next. I cant keep doing that to myself or the team. " The game at Indianapolis kicks off a three-game road trip for the Packers, as theyll travel to undefeated Houston for a Sunday night game on Oct. 14 followed by an Oct. 20 date at St. Louis. Offensively, the Packers have found themselves adjusting to life without Jennings a lot. Late last season, Jennings suffered a knee injury on Dec. 11 against Oakland, then missed the final three games against Kansas City, Chicago and Detroit before returning for the Packers season-ending playoff loss to the New York Giants. Jennings also missed two weeks of training camp when he suffered a concussion in the annual Family Night scrimmage. It was the third concussion of his career, according to team doctors. "When Greg Jennings is on the field, we definitely have a chance to be a very good offence," McCarthy said. "I still think we can play a different way and play without Greg and still be very good. Id always want my best players out there. Thats why its important to get him healthy and get him back to 100 per cent." Its possible these Jennings-less Packers are a glimpse into what the offence will look like in 2013. Some believe the Packers will let Jennings walk as an unrestricted free agent after the season because hell command a contract that will average more than $10 million per season. With quarterback Aaron Rodgers, outside linebacker Clay Matthews and defensive tackle B.J. Raji needing extensions, there might not be enough money to go around. While frustrated by his injury, Jennings said the contract isnt on his mind. "Honestly, Im not even focused on that," he said. "I really need to get back on the football field and be 100 per cent. The contract, thats going to take care of itself. Its going to be what its going to be. I cant predict the future. I couldnt predict this. It is what it is." [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-dashon-goldson-jerse... Goldson Jersey . This is the most-watched US Open match ever on TSN. Overall, 2.3 million Canadians tuned in to watch some or all of Mondays 4th round match on TSN. Full coverage of the U.S. Open continues on TSN and TSN2 through to the Finals this coming weekend. . The Pittsburgh Penguins sent one with their fists. Message received on both sides. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/]http://www.buccaneersofficialte... . Scott Cullen takes a look at a crazy game in Philadelphia, Cory Schneider doing the job for Vancouver and Kyle Turris playing hero for Ottawa. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ahmad-black-jersey-n... Black Jersey . After losing back-to-back games, the Kings might have been feeling some pressure coming home for Game Six, their series lead suddenly in jeopardy, but the game tilted midway through the first period when Devils right winger Steve Bernier received a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding, after he flattened Kings defenceman Rob Scuderi with a hit from behind. . After earning their first walk-off win of the season Friday, the Astros followed it up with their first extra-inning win Saturday night.PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Timbers have re-signed Danny Mwanga, a homegrown favourite who starred at Portlands Jefferson High and Oregon State. The 21-year-old forward was acquired by Portland in a June trade with the Philadelphia Unioon. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-donald-penn-jersey-u... Penn Jersey. He played in 18 matches for the Timbers and had three goals. Mwanga, the No. 1 pick in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft, has 15 goals and nine assists in 79 career matches. The terms of the deal were not announced. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes