Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

l Dean of Kelowna, B.C., - Off Topic Forum. - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

l Dean of Kelowna, B.C.,

Started by zake201, 2014/03/16 11:28PM
Latest post: 2014/03/16 11:28PM, Views: 407, Posts: 1
l Dean of Kelowna, B.C.,
#1   2014/03/16 11:28PM
zake201
LONDON -- Tottenham has signed U.S. international Clint Dempsey from fellow Premier League club Fulham, sealing the deal shortly before Fridays transfer deadline. Both London clubs confirmed the deal for the 29-year-old attacking midfielder on their websites. Dempsey had been refusing to play for Fulham again after a widely expected move to Liverpool during the summer failed to materialize. Fulham said in a statement that "Clint was a very influential player for Fulham over a number of seasons and the Club thanks him for his contribution and wishes him well for the future." Tottenham highlighted the fact that Dempsey had joined Fulham from New England Revolution in December 2006 and made his debut against Spurs a month later. No details were given of the deal. Chicago Bulls Jersey . Fielder slammed a 462-foot deep drive to right-centre and a soaring shot over the right-field wall, to lift the Detroit Tigers to a 5-3 win over the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. Scottie Pippen Jersey . In keeping with this tradition the list that comprised the names of all players let go by Barclays Premier League clubs was released by the league in London this afternoon. http://www.shopth... . -- Canadian Daniel Nestor and partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus advanced to the final of the Sony Ericsson Open with a commanding 6-2, 6-4 victory over Indias Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna on Thursday. [url=http://www.shopthechicagobulls.com/Dennis-Rodman-Jersey/]Dennis Rodman Bulls Jersey . The positive was the addition of forward Alexei Ponikarovsky along with the earlier signings of defenceman Derek Meech and forward Jason King. Ponikarovsky arrives following a memorable run to the Stanley Cup Final with the New Jersey Devils. Derrick Rose Jersey . Milwaukee placed six players in double figures. The Bucks pulled ahead in the second quarter and led by double figures for most of the second half. C.J. Miles paced Cleveland with 18 points.WINDSOR, England - Rowing at the London 2012 Olympic Games is really two sports in one. While crews carve their way through the 2,000-metre course, a pack of coaches follows them on a path alongside the water, doing everything from yelling encouragement to trying to take split times. All while trying to stay on their bikes. Theyre not always successful. Canadian coach Kenny Wu went down twice in the bushes Monday. "I saw him go headfirst into the bushes," said Peter Cookson, Rowing Canadas high performance director, who was riding the course himself. "All I saw was his legs sort of flapping. I stopped and said Kenny are you okay? Because I didnt want to miss the race, of course. He waved, said "Im fine and I kept going." Most of the problems happen during the eights races, because the boats are so fast. During one race Tuesday, there were at least three dozen coaches and team officials on bikes racing down the side of the course. And Cookson says Canada might have five or six team officials riding alongside one of their crews. Cookson is often one of them. "It can be scary," he said. "The faster the boat, the scarier it is of course because you get into a peloton and people are watching the race and not really watching where theyre going. Theres a lot of wheels that touch ... Luckily, touch wood, Ive never had an accident but Ive seen quite a few people having them." Its hard to believe the rowers in the boat ccan hear their coaches, especially at the Olympic Games when they come in front of grandstands filled to the brim with cheering fans.dddddddddddd But the coaches try. "My voice is hoarse for a reason," said Cookson. "Sometimes theyre too far away, they cant hear you," he conceded. "But the majority, they have a cue for what theyre listening for." A few years ago, the mad dash down the course on bikes was not allowed. But now it is, so coaches mount up and ride along. At these Olympics, bikes are even provided for the coaches. "Theyre actually built by BMW so theyre quite nice bicycles," said Cookson, who rode three races Tuesday. BMW is the official automotive partner for London 2012. Apparently they do two wheels too. But Terry Paul, another of the Canadian coaches, brought his own bike to the Olympic regatta. "I was right on their bow," he said Monday of his ride alongside the mens four of Will Dean of Kelowna, B.C., Anthony Jacob of Vancouver, Derek OFarrell of Montreal and Michael Wilkinson of North Vancouver. The four was in a lane away from the cycling path, so there wasnt much communication. But Paul said mens pair Scott Frandsen and Dave Calder said they heard him when they rowed. Paul is a keen mountain biker who has incorporated road cycling into this rowers fitness regimen this year. He even brought his road bike to England and exited the rowing venue Tuesday with wheel in hand. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes