Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

abled list with - Off Topic Forum. - Country Musi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

abled list with

Started by zake201, 2014/03/21 04:46AM
Latest post: 2014/03/21 04:46AM, Views: 405, Posts: 1
abled list with
#1   2014/03/21 04:46AM
zake201
MILWAUKEE -- The biggest momentum swing for the Milwaukee Brewers involved no swing at all. Jonathan Lucroy -- "Mr. Squeeze" to his teammates -- drove in the go-ahead run with a bunt and the Brewers broke away from the Arizona Diamondbacks 9-4 Sunday to take a 2-0 lead in their NL division series. "Its a free RBI if you execute and I really work hard to get that down," Lucroy said. "A safety squeeze, all youve got to do is get it down to the right area." Ryan Braun hit a two-run homer and fellow slugger Prince Fielder added an RBI single for Milwaukee. But the brawny Brewers excel in other ways, especially Lucroy. "The little things matter," said Jerry Hairston Jr., who scored on Lucroys bunt. "When you have guys like Braunie and Prince with the big power, the little things add up." Indeed. The Brewers now hold a 2-0 lead in a post-season series for the first time in franchise history and will go for the sweep when Shaun Marcum takes on rookie Josh Collmenter in Game 3 in Arizona on Tuesday. Lucroy keyed a five-run sixth inning, and delivered right after Diamondbacks reliever Brad Ziegler became angry about a balk call. Thats when rookie Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke put on a play -- hed already seen Lucroy successfully bunt a few times this season. "Good teams always take advantage of the other teams mistakes," Braun said. "Theres no doubt coming into that inning, they had the momentum." With the score 4-all and runners at the corners with one out, Hairston took a couple of half-steps and sprinted home as Lucroy bunted toward first base. Zieglers awkward flip went wide of catcher Miguel Montero and the Diamondbacks imploded from there, with Milwaukee taking a 9-4 lead. "It was crazy," Montero said. "I didnt even get a chance to second-guess myself. It was like, OK, here we go -- boom, boom, boom, boom. Im like, Whats going on over here?" Brewers starter Zack Greinke struggled in his first post-season appearance, giving up three home runs and leaving without a decision. He was 11-0 at Miller Park, helping the Brewers win a majors-best 57 games at home. The Diamondbacks seemed poised for a come-from-behind victory after notching 48 this season when Paul Goldschmidt, Chris Young and Justin Upton all homered off Greinke to tie the game. Instead, Arizona went 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position and Milwaukee kept its cool until the sixth, when seven consecutive batters reached with one out. Hairston, making his second straight start in place of Casey McGehee at third, doubled to chase Diamondbacks starter Daniel Hudson. Ziegler entered, and was called for a balk when he spun and found no one behind Hairston for a pickoff attempt as he attempted to throw. Ziegler pointed down at his foot, upset at second base umpire Bruce Dreckmans call, and walked the free-swinging Yuniesky Betancourt on four pitches. Ziegler said he was "somewhat curious" about what happened because he believed his footwork was proper. "I honestly dont know what he called. I didnt ask him about it," said Ziegler, who didnt want to be ejected for arguing. "I didnt feel like I balked. I felt my (front) foot came down on top of the rubber, so I felt I was clear of my back foot at that point. It didnt matter after that." Roenicke called for the squeeze, and Lucroy laid it down perfectly, just like he had on a suicide attempt on the final play of a 3-2 win against the Giants on May 28. "When (Ziegler) made that off-balance throw he did, I knew it was a tough play to make," Lucroy said. "I got it down right." Both Lucroy and Betancourt advanced on Zieglers wild throw, pinch-hitter Mark Kotsay was intentionally walked to load the bases, and the momentum had swung by that point. Corey Hart singled in a run, pumping his right fist down the line, and Nyjer Morgan brought in two more with a single that had him raising his arms in celebration before the play was even over. Brauns RBI single chased Ziegler and gave Milwaukee a 9-4 lead. "They had the momentum after the home run," Hart said. "Jerry was pretty aggressive and Mr. Squeeze always comes through, he always gets the bunt down and then you just try to take advantage. We found three holes right there and never looked back." Greinke made his second consecutive start on three days rest and Braun gave him a 2-0 lead in the first inning with a 438-foot homer, his first ever in the post-season. The Brewers took a 4-1 lead on Fielders run-scoring single and Rickie Weeks RBI triple in the third. But Arizona chipped away. Goldschmidt, the rookie whod played most of the season at Double-A Mobile and was starting in place of Lyle Overbay, homered in the second and Young added a solo shot in the fourth. Uptons tied it in the fifth when he hit a towering drive to the left-field bleachers that had Uptons mom, Yvonne, smiling amid the crowd of 44,066. "Weve been down before," Upton said. "If anybody knows this team, were going to fight until this thing is over with. Its a special team weve got here. If anybody can come back and try and do this thing, its us." Milwaukees bullpen of Takashi Saito, LaTroy Hawkins, Francisco Rodriguez and John Axford of Simcoe, Ont., held tight again after posting a 1.14 ERA over 71 innings in September and all made it interesting. With Greinke gone in the sixth, Saito worked around a man on third by striking out Gerardo Parra to keep it tied. Hawkins walked consecutive batters before getting out of the seventh. Rodriguez, the former Mets closer, walked Goldschmidt and allowed a broken-bat hit to Young to start the eighth, but neither came in to score. Axford walked Aaron Hill and Montero, but struck out Goldschmidt to end it. Hill went 3 for 3 with two walks. He had an apparent double taken away in the first inning by a missed call when left field umpire James Hoye called a ball off the wall foul after it flashed between sunshine and shadows in Miller Park. Replays showed it was fair, and Hill singled on the next pitch and was stranded there, something that happened to 10 times to Arizona baserunners. "When you go on the road, you want to at least take one. If you dont, youve got to go home and defend your own turf," Upton said. "Thats the bottom line. Thats what home-field advantage does for them. They played well at their home place, got two wins, but weve got to do the same thing." NOTES: Braun and Fielder have combined to hit 9 for 16 with two homers and six RBIs in the first two games of the series. ... Robin Yount, the 1982 and 1989 AL MVP for Milwaukee, threw out the first pitch. ... McGehee had been 5 for 5 against Hudson in his career, but finished the season in an overall 3-for-45 slump. ... Collmenter (10-10, 3.38) matched the franchise record for wins by a rookie and joined Brandon Webb (2003) and Micah Owings (2007) as the only rookies in franchise history to reach 100 strikeouts. ... Marcum went 8-3 with a 2.21 ERA in 16 road starts. Marcum hasnt pitched on the road since Sept. 20, when he allowed one run in eight innings in a victory over the Cubs. wholesale jerseys China . -- The Portland Trail Blazers have formally extended a qualifying offer to forward Nicolas Batum. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Graeme McDowell knew it was a mistake as soon as he glanced up at the scoreboard. http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/[/ur... .ca! Hi Kerry, I see there are a couple of new rules regarding using your hands to move the puck/closing your hand on the puck. I saw a penalty called in the faceoff circle because it appears that the player used his hand to move the puck. [url=http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys China . In his first start since being called up, Atlantas winningest pitcher in 2011 allowed one run on three hits and shut down the hot-hitting Boston Red Sox, leading the Braves to a 4-1 win on Friday night. wholesale jerseys . -- Robert Griffin III sprained his right knee in the Washington Redskins win over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, but a team spokesman said an MRI revealed that "everything is clear" in terms of significant ligament damage.SAN DIEGO -- The Colorado Rockies got exactly what they needed to end a five-game losing streak -- a win by a pitcher making his big league debut and an offensive outburst. Left-hander Christian Friedrich pitched six solid innings to win his debut and Jason Giambi and Wilin Rosario hit RBI doubles off the top of the fences at Petco Park as the Rockies rallied to beat the San Diego Padres 6-2 Tuesday. The Rockies denied the Padres their first series sweep of the season. It was just the second time in 12 road games that the Rockies scored more than four runs. The Rockies had 13 hits, including at least one by every regular. Just as big, Friedrich helped stabilize a rotation thats struggled due to injuries and ineffectiveness. Friedrich (1-0) held San Diego to two runs, one earned, on six hits while striking out seven and walking one. He was Colorados first-round pick in the 2008 amateur draft. "I guess its a dream come true," Friedrich said. "I struggled the last two years. To come up here and have some success, I know its only one, but it feels great. Its a weight lifted off my shoulders. Now I can go out and there and do my thing." With two starters on the disabled list, the Rockies called up Friedrich and Alex White to get them through this three-game series. White pitched well in a 3-1 loss Tuesday night. "That, just like last night, was really refreshing to see," manager Jim Tracy said. "I tip my cap to Christian Friedrich, knowing the work he has put in and the fact that what we saw today was the result of a lot of work on a lot of peoples part in the organization. This kid worked really, really hard and hes gotten himself into a really good place. "Really, the unfortunate thing is we werent able to win last nights game with the two young guys we sent out there," Tracy said. "But to see what we saw from the pitching standpoint from both these guys is extremely encouraging going forward." The Rockies scored four unearned runs in the sixth against Anthony Bass (1-4) after shortstop Andy Parrino committed a fielding error on Jonathan Herreras grounder with one out. Carlos Gonzalez doubled and Michael Cuddyer followed with a sacrifice fly. Giambi was intentionally walked before Rosario hit a high fly ball that bounced off the top of the fence in leeft, bringing in Gonzalez and Giambi.dddddddddddd The umpires reviewed the hit on video but upheld the double. Chris Nelson singled in Giambi for a 5-2 lead. Nelson hit another RBI single in the eighth. Each team had a runner thrown out at the plate. In the fourth, Gonzalez and Cuddyer hit one-out singles. Giambi doubled off the top of the fence in centre field, sending Gonzalez and Cuddyer racing home. Gonzalez scored but Cuddyer was thrown out on Parrinos relay throw. The umpires reviewed Giambis hit and upheld the double. In the third, San Diegos Cameron Maybin reached on a one-out throwing error by shortstop Marco Scutaro and Chase Headley followed with a single to right. Yonder Alonso doubled to left to bring in Maybin for a 2-0 lead. When it looked like left fielder Gonzalez might try to throw to second, Headley hesitated and then broke for home and Gonzalez threw him out. Friedridch allowed a walk and two singles in the first, including Alonsos RBI single, "I dont recall a ball being barrelled up against him," Tracy said. "Thats how good he was. They flipped a couple of base hits out there to help them produce their two runs, but I dont know that they completely squared a ball up against him in the time he was out there." Bass allowed five runs, one earned, and nine hits in 5 2-3 innings, struck out four and walked one. Bass "was hanging in there. Then we opened the door for them," Padres manager Bud Black said, referring to Parrinos error. "That came back to haunt us. "The key at-bat was Rosarios at-bat," Black said. "He threw a slider and Rosario has some power. That kind of took the wind out of his sails." NOTES: Tracy said RHP Jeremy Guthrie is scheduled to make a rehab start for Class A Modesto on Thursday. If all goes well, he could be activated in time to start Tuesday night at San Francisco. Guthrie is on the 15-disabled list with a shoulder injury sustained in a fall from his bicycle. ... Both teams are off Thursday. The Rockies open a three-game series Friday night at Los Angeles, with Jamie Moyer (1-2, 4.01) scheduled to face Chris Capuano (4-0, 2.21) in a matchup of lefties. The Padres open a series Friday night at Philadelphia, with lefty Clayton Richard (1-4, 4.89) scheduled to face Vance Worley (2-2, 2.84). ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes