Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

thony Gose led off - Off Topic Forum. - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

thony Gose led off

Started by zake201, 2014/03/21 04:47AM
Latest post: 2014/03/21 04:47AM, Views: 366, Posts: 1
thony Gose led off
#1   2014/03/21 04:47AM
zake201
TORONTO -- Adriano Belli may have been kicked out of his final career game on the CFLs biggest stage, but hes still retiring a Grey Cup champion. The 35-year-old defensive lineman, who is known as a character, watched the last quarter of the Toronto Argonauts 35-22 win over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup from the dressing room Sunday after being ejected for roughing with 2:26 to play in the third quarter. "Just having a bit of fun, screwing around," Belli said when asked why he was ejected. "You know what, its not two-hand touch. You bring in a guard dog and youve got to let him bite people. "I was in here, I was just hoping, saying I hope they win. If they lose theres going to be a lot of long faces." Instead the Argonauts won the historic trophy. Belli had retired before the 2011 season, but it turns out he wasnt quite done with the CFL. The Argonauts came calling in October when they needed defensive help. As reluctant he was to come back at first, he is glad that he did. "Its amazing, so fitting," he said. "Home town boy. Toronto, 100th Grey Cup, finish my career getting kicked out with my rap sheet over the years. I couldnt be happier. Since Im going to retire I dont think the coaches can flip out any longer. Ive driven them crazy enough over the years." Argos general manager Jim Barker called him because he wanted to give the team a spark. "I was in Milan on vacation when Barker called me," Belli said. "They said your gear is ready, come. "My goal initially was just to come to practice, show up at one practice, and give them a good pep talk. It turned out with us winning the Cup. Ive had such a fun ride I feel so lucky." Belli is known as the Kissing Bandit because he will kiss teammates or reporters alike on the cheek or on the top of the head. He was at it again after being splashed with some beverages following Sundays game. "With (quarterback) Ricky Ray and so many incredible athletes on this team I just feel lucky to be part of it and chip in as much as I could," he said. "I got there the first week. there were so many new faces but then everybodys personality comes out over time and you start winning and guys start bonding even closer. What a ride its been over these six weeks." He was also on a Grey Cup championship team in 2002 with the Montreal Alouettes, but he admits that this one was a little bit more special. "I grew up watching the Argos," he said. "They were an amazing club in Toronto and we need to rebuild that. Hopefully today brought us one step closer." Cheap NFL Jerseys from china . 4 Laval Rouge et Or stayed unbeaten with a 30-11 win over the No. 3 Montreal Carabins in Canadian university football. Wholesale Jerseys . Houston (6-5-5, 23 points) won for the second time in its past four games, while Philadelphia (3-9-2, 11 points) has lost three of the past four and six of its past eight games. http://www.cheapchinajerseys.us.com/[/... . The 19-year-old goaltender improved his record to 15-6-1 and lowered his goal-against average to 2.14, which leads the QMJHL. Nikita Jevpalovs scored twice for the Armada (25-13-5), who won for the first time in four outings, while Danick Martel had a goal and two assists. [url=http://www.cheapchinajerseys.us.com/]Cheap NFL Jerseys . But Englands Paul Casey needed just one shot to bring Vegas -- and the house -- down in a $100,000, closest-to-the-pin shootout to capture the two-day event. Cheap Jerseys . Ronaldo, the worlds most expensive player, says he is "feeling sad" because of professional reasons the Portugal forward claims the Spanish giant is aware of.(Sports Network) - The Toronto Blue Jays will try to avoid their first 90-loss season in eight years tonight when they open their final series of the year against the Minnesota Twins. The Blue Jays (70-89) will need a sweep of the Twins (66-93) to stave off 90 losses for the first time since 2004, when Toronto went 67-94. Aaron Laffey will get the ball for Toronto. Laffey was a 4-0 winner in his last outing - a start at Baltimore on Sept. 25 - after scattering five hits in 5 2/3 innings while dropping his season earned run average from 4.80 to 4.52. The win ended an eight-appearance drought in which hed gone 0-4 since winning at Oakland on Aug. 5. Laffey is 5-2 in 17 career meetings with the Twins with a 4.57 ERA in 63 innings. Right-hander Esmerling Vasquez makes his sixth attempt at a first win of 2012 for Minnesota. Vasquez has one career relief outing against Toronto and was credited with a hold after retiring one batter and allowing no hits or runs. On Sunday in Minnesota, Prince Fielder blasted a two-run homer in the eighth inning as the Detroit Tigers moved closer to clinching the American League Central Division title with a 2-1 win over the Twins in the rubber match of a three-game series at Target Field. Fielders 30th home run of the season, an opposite-field shot to left, was given up by Minnesota reliever Jared Burton (3-2) with two outs. Burton, who replaced starter Liam Hendriks prior to the inning, had retired two batters in a row after allowing a leadoff single to Austin Jackson. Octavio Dotel pitched out of a jam in the bottom of the eighth, getting Pedro Florimon to fly out to left field with men on the corners.dddddddddddd Jose Valverde then pitched the ninth for his 34th save. Florimon singled home the Twins lone run in the seventh. Minnesota loaded the bases later in the inning, but Justin Morneau grounded out to second. "It is a tough loss, but it was a good game and Prince had a big hit for them," Twins shortstop Jamey Carroll said. In Toronto, the New York Yankees scored eight runs over the final four innings to earn a 9-6 victory over the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays opened a 2-0 lead in the first inning. Rajai Davis singled with one out and Edwin Encarnacion walked before Escobar drilled an RBI double off the wall in right field. Lind followed with a sacrifice fly. Toronto stranded a pair in the second and the Yankees got one back in the third when Eric Chavez led off the inning with his 16th homer of the season. The Jays extended their lead with three runs in the fifth. Anthony Gose led off with a single and Brett Lawrie blasted his 11th home run into the second deck in left field. Yunel Escobar kept the inning alive with a two-out single, raced to third on a base hit by Adam Lind and scored on single to left by Moises Sierra. "I would have liked to have a win rather than getting three hits, but obviously that didnt happen," Lawrie said. The teams split a four-game series in May in Minnesota, their only previous meeting of the 2012 season. The Blue Jays won five of six games between the teams in 2011 and havent lost the season series since 2005. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes