Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

or home on the n - Off Topic Forum. - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

or home on the n

Started by zake201, 2014/03/23 07:20AM
Latest post: 2014/03/23 07:20AM, Views: 369, Posts: 1
or home on the n
#1   2014/03/23 07:20AM
zake201
BOSTON -- Following Josh Hamiltons resurgence, the Texas Rangers outslugged the Boston Red Sox. Hamilton continued to work his way back from of a prolonged slump and the Rangers belted four homers to beat the Red Sox 10-9 despite blowing a late four-run lead Wednesday. Hamilton homered among his three hits and had four RBIs for Texas, which couldnt hold a 9-5 edge before pulling out its sixth win in eight games. "Hes the heart of the lineup," said right fielder Nelson Cruz, who added a two-run homer. "When hes doing good, everybodys seeing more pitches to hit and drive runners in." Mitch Moreland and Geovany Soto also homered for the Rangers. It was Sotos first with Texas since being acquired from the Chicago Cubs in a non-waiver deadline deal last week. It was only Hamiltons fourth multi-hit game in his last 27. Before Wednesday, he had just two homers and 16 RBIs since the All-Star break. "I saw him coming out of it a week or so ago," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "Hes laying off the real bad pitches. Because Josh is a swinger, hes going to swing at some pitches. ... Hes swinging the bat well. When hes going real well is when theres RBIs out there, and hes not missing very many." The AL West-leading Rangers took two of three from Boston, closing their road trip at 4-2. Will Middlebrooks had a three-run homer for the second straight game, and Cody Ross added a solo shot and drove in two runs for Boston, which has lost six of eight and went 4-6 on its longest homestand of the season. Adrian Gonzalez added three RBI doubles for the Red Sox. Alexi Ogando (2-0) worked two perfect innings of relief for the win. Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his 23rd save, striking out the last two batters with a runner on second. But with all the power displayed, it took Adrian Beltres tiebreaking sacrifice fly in the ninth inning to lift Texas to the win. With the score tied 9-all, Elvis Andrus walked and moved to third on Hamiltons single off Clayton Mortensen (1-1). Alfredo Aceves relieved before Beltres sacrifice fly. Josh Beckett gave up a season-high eight runs on eight hits -- three homers -- in his first start for Boston since leaving July 31 with a back spasm. Its the seventh time hes given up eight or more runs at Fenway Park, four times against the Yankees, the last coming May 7, 2010. Becketts career-best streak of starts without surrendering a home run was halted at 12. It was the longest in the majors this season and most by a Red Sox starter since Mel Parnells 14 straight in 1948. "The back felt good. Just too many pitches down the middle of the plate and everything was up," he said. "Even when I was on the corners it was still up." Trailing 9-5 in the seventh, Boston tied it when Gonzalez had his third run-scoring double and Middlebrooks homered into the left-field seats off reliever Roy Oswalt. The Rangers had chased Beckett and built an 8-5 lead in the sixth. Soto homered into the seats above the Green Monster after David Murphy singled. Beckett was booed loudly as he walked slowly off the mound after being pulled. Cruzs homer off Mortensen made it 9-5 in the seventh. Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine felt his lineup showed extra fight despite a poor outing by Beckett. "I dont think its deflating. I think the offence feels good when theyre scoring runs," he said. "They think theyre swinging the bats well and that they can come back." With the score tied 3-3 in the fifth, Moreland led off with a homer off a TV stanchion in straightaway centre. Andrus singled before Hamilton hit a shot deep into the right-field seats for his 30th home run, making it 6-3 and giving the slugger his third season of 30 or more homers. Gonzalezs second RBI double had cut the score to 6-4 in the fifth. Texas starter Matt Harrison then loaded the bases with consecutive two-out walks before he was lifted for Oswalt. Gonzalez scored on catcher Sotos passed ball, slicing it to 6-5, but Kelly Shoppach struck out to end the threat. Harrison was charged with five runs -- four earned -- on eight hits in 4 2-3 innings. Washington said he was feeling sick and got an IV during the game. The Rangers continued Becketts season-long first-inning misery, jumping ahead 3-0. Hamilton had a two-run triple into the centre-field triangle and scored on Beltres sacrifice fly. Becketts ERA rose to 10.42 in the first innings of his starts. In the first, Gonzalezs RBI double and Ross run-scoring single made it 3-2. Ross homered in the third -- his first in 18 games -- just inside the left-field foul pole, tying it at 3. NOTES: It was just Hamiltons second homer in his last 19 games. ... Red Sox DH David Ortiz, on the 15-day DL since July 18 with a strained right Achilles, did some agility drills and looked good running the bases about two hours before the game. On Tuesday, he took batting practice on the field and said he hopes to return when the club plays in Cleveland this weekend. ... Boston placed RHP Vicente Padilla on the 15-day DL before the game with right arm tightness and recalled RHP Mortensen from Triple-A Pawtucket. ... The Rangers put C Yorvit Torrealba on waivers. If hes not claimed by Friday hell become a free agent. He was designated for assignment when the club acquired Soto from the Cubs on July 31. Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale . Among the most hyped Leaf prospects, but still short on serious production, Kadri kicked off his third season in the American Hockey League with underwhelming results, notably a lacking physical fitness. Cheap Louis Vuitton Outlet . Barcelona said on Wednesday that Iniesta, recently named UEFAs Best Player in Europe, pulled a muscle in his right leg during Spains 1-0 win in Georgia on Tuesday. Iniesta will miss Saturdays Spanish league game at Getafe as well. http://www.cheaplouisvuittonoutl... . -- David Frost and Michael Allen birdied nine of the first 13 holes and combined for a 9-under 63 on Saturday for a share of the second-round lead with Tom Purtzer and Brad Bryant in the Legends of Golf. [url=http://www.cheaplouisvuittonoutletbiz.com/]cheap louis vuitton sale . Thats why the San Francisco Giants felt so good about picking up their star pitcher on a day he wasnt at his best. Brandon Crawford hit a two-run single for his first RBIs since April and the Giants capitalized on shoddy fielding by St. Louis Vuitton Outlet . Canada finished fourth in Pool B and will likely face the Americans in a quarterfinal game on Tuesday. The Americans are expected to finish first in Pool A but still have to face China later in the day.NEW YORK -- Frank Francisco had an early meeting with his manager, three interview sessions with the same pack of reporters and was booed by the home crowd while protecting a ninth-inning lead. Life is never bland when youre a struggling closer in New York. "I like the challenge," Francisco said Monday night after saving a 3-1 victory for Miguel Batista and the surprising Mets against the Milwaukee Brewers. "It seems very interesting here. I expect to see you guys when I get on a roll." Batista fought through a tight groin to pitch seven shutout innings of four-hit ball and Daniel Murphy supplied the offence for the Mets, who made the most of their three hits. Given a vote of confidence by manager Terry Collins before the game, Francisco bounced back from a pair of rough outings to earn his ninth save. "He wanted to be in there bad tonight, so I thought I should give him the opportunity," Collins said. "I thought he made some better pitches today. Hes still got to get his secondary pitches in the strike zone." Murphy extended his recent tear at the plate by hitting an RBI single and scoring on a suicide squeeze -- a play the Brewers failed to execute earlier. The 41-year-old Batista, replacing injured Mike Pelfrey in the rotation, outpitched Brewers ace Yovani Gallardo (2-4), who matched his career high with six walks in six shaky innings. Making his third start of the season, Batista (1-1) struck out five and walked one. He escaped a second-inning jam and retired 10 straight during one stretch. "We had a chance the first two innings and let him off the hook. He got comfortable and started making pitches," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. Batista said his groin "shouldnt be a problem" going forward. Third baseman David Wright made a diving play to stop the Brewers from getting started in the eighth. Francisco, in his first season with the Mets, came on in the ninth with an 8.56 ERA and was booed after giving up Corey Harts run-scoring single. But with two on and Jon Rauch warming in the bullpen, Francisco threw a called third strike past hitless Brooks Conrad (0 for 15 this season) and retired pinch-hitter George Kottaras on a fly ball to end it. "I love it," a smiling Francisco said when asked about the boos, "because later on theyre going to clap for me. I promise you." Francisco blew a save Friday night in Miami and had a major meltdown Sunday, when he was pulled by Collins and ejected by plate umpire Todd Tichenor as the Marlins rallied in the ninth. Angry that he didnt get some close calls, Francisco hollered in Tichenors face, waving his finger and then his cap at the ump as Collins stepped between the two.dddddddddddd The big right-hander finally headed to the dugout and Collins said after the game hed wait a day to address whether a closer change was coming. But on Monday, Collins said he was sticking with Francisco -- for now. The manager said the Mets noticed evidence of Francisco tipping pitches and made a couple of suggestions they hope will help. Wright doubled off former Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez to open the eighth and scored from third when the Brewers botched a rundown, with third baseman Aramis Ramirez dropping the ball for an error as he chased Wright toward the plate. Milwaukee had won six in a row at Citi Field. After a 4-2 road trip against division foes that could have been perfect if not for Franciscos flops, the banged-up Mets (20-15) are beginning to open eyes. They have won six of their last seven home games and seven of nine overall. But attendance was only 20,061, a record low for Citi Field and the Mets smallest crowd in six years, according to STATS LLC, as New York began a 21-game stretch that includes 15 at home. Gallardo walked two in the first inning and Murphy punched a two-out RBI single through a vacated hole at shortstop to extend his hitting streak to 10 games. Milwaukee likes to overshift on defence as much as any team in baseball and shortstop Cesar Izturis was shaded toward the middle -- a curious alignment against the left-handed hitting Murphy, who often goes the other way. "It was one of those days where I felt too good," Gallardo said. "I was overthrowing the curveball a little bit. I was trying to do too much with it instead of letting it do the things that it does on its own." The Brewers put a runner on third with none out in the second but failed to score. Batista struck out Conrad, and then Milwaukee tried a squeeze play. Taylor Green broke late from third, though, and was an easy putout when catcher Mike Nickeas scooped up Izturis bunt just in front of the plate. Gallardo flied out to end the inning and Batista didnt allow another runner until the fifth. Murphy doubled to start the sixth and advanced aggressively to third on Ike Davis flyout to medium centre. Murphy held at third as Ronny Cedeno faked a bunt on the first pitch, then broke for home on the next delivery from Gallardo. Cedeno dropped a perfect bunt toward first and Milwaukees only play was to first as Murphy scored easily. Notes: RHP Zack Greinke (3-1, 3.35 ERA) starts for Milwaukee in the series finale Tuesday night against RHP Dillon Gee (2-2, 4.78). ... Mets LF Jason Bay (cracked rib) was cleared to begin exercising as tolerated. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes