Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ited," Wolf said. "I think - Off Topic Forum. - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ited," Wolf said. "I think

Started by zake201, 2014/03/25 04:42AM
Latest post: 2014/03/25 04:42AM, Views: 367, Posts: 1
ited," Wolf said. "I think
#1   2014/03/25 04:42AM
zake201
CLEVELAND -- Aaron Cunningham ignored the squeeze on his job and instead put one on the Cleveland Indians division rival. His job in jeopardy after a trade earlier in the day, Cunningham bunted home the go-ahead run with a squeeze play, and the Indians beat Detroit 3-2 Tuesday night and moved within three games of the AL Central-leading Tigers. "I cant worry about anything there except executing the play," said Cunningham, whose role as utility outfielder may come to an end Wednesday as the Indians need to drop a player to make room for veteran utilityman Brent Lillibridge. Cleveland acquired Lillibridge from Boston before the game, which turned out to be an exciting victory for the third-place Indians. "Its a huge win," said Travis Hafner, who tripled with one out in the seventh inning off Doug Fister (4-7) and the score tied at two. Lou Marson pinch ran for Hafner and took off for home as Cunningham, a defensive replacement hitting .175, dropped a bunt in front of the plate. Fister quickly got the ball and tried to shovel it to catcher Alex Avila. It rolled away, Marson scored, and Cunningham took second on the error. Miguel Cabreras two-run homer off reliever Joe Smith (6-2) tied it at 2 in the top half. "It was like my big truck was sitting on top of me and somebody lifted it off," Smith said of earning the win after blowing the shutout. "This was a total team win. The guys bounced right back after I messed up." Chris Perez pitched the ninth for his 28th save in 30 chances. Cleveland is 6-1 against the Tigers. Perez has saved each win. Five have been by two runs or fewer. Vinnie Pestano pitched a scoreless eighth for Cleveland, which is 29-3 when the right-hander and Perez have been in the same game. The Indians are 20-45 in all other games. Indians manager Manny Acta said confidence in the two relievers led to choosing to squeeze. "If we take the lead, our chances are very good of winning with Pestano and Perez," Acta said. "Aaron executed very well, didnt give it away. Then Pestano and Perez took care of business." Cunningham was elated to help. "Ill do anything I can for this team because theyve treated me great all year," he said. "If I had gotten a few more hits, they would have given me more playing time. Its great to get this big win and well just have to see what happens from here." Tigers manager Jim Leyland praised Actas decision to squeeze. "It was a great call by Manny," Leyland said. "That was the run that beat us. We were certainly aware of it. Thats why I had Alex looking over in case I wanted to pitch out, but I didnt do it early enough." Fister blamed himself for the poor throw. "Its basically do or die and I died," he said. "Ive got to get the throw in a better spot. I didnt execute it." Johnny Damon had an RBI single in the second inning and Carlos Santana singled home a run in the fourth for Cleveland. Smith thought he had thrown a third strike past Quentin Berry to end the top of the seventh with that 2-0 lead. TV replays showed his full-count pitch was over the heart of the plate, but umpire Marvin Hudson judged it to be a tad high. Cabrera then drove a 2-0 pitch over the wall in centre for his 24th homer. Great hustle by Tigers first baseman Prince Fielder helped douse the Indians rally in the fourth. With runners on first and second and none out, Santana singled in Jason Kipnis with a grounder between first and second. Right fielder Brennan Boesch scooped up the ball, but Fielder cut off his throw home and fired to third baseman Cabrera, getting Michael Brantley in a rundown. Fielder then sprinted all the way across the diamond to back up the play, taking a return throw from shortstop Jhonny Peralta on the run and tagging out Brantley, who was sliding in head first. Hafner struck out and Damon grounded out to end the inning. Jimenez allowed seven singles over six scoreless innings. "Ubaldo pitched a heck of a six innings," Acta said. "And he had to pitch. In five of the six innings, the leadoff hitter reached." Fister gave up three runs and nine hits over seven innings. NOTES: Fielders hustle play resulted in a putout scored 9-3-5-6-3, which made residents of Pearblossom, Calif., proud. Thats their zip code number. ... Cleveland sent minor league RHP Jose De La Torre to Boston for Lillibridge, who is expected to report Wednesday. ... Cleveland tied a season high with its seventh straight errorless game. The Indians have made seven errors in their past 28 games. ... Leyland said RHP Anibal Sanchez will start Saturday in Toronto and 2B Omar Infante will bat in the second spot against left-handers and ninth against right-handers. The two were acquired from Miami on Monday. ... Ramon Santiago, who has been splitting Tigers second base duties with Ryan Raburn and Danny Worth, will be the utility infielder. Raburn will play left field against lefty pitchers; Worth was optioned to Triple-A Toledo. Cheap NFL Jerseys wholesale . Among the topics discussed were the futures of Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo and Tomas Vokoun, the hiring of Bob Hartley as coach in Calgary as well as the ongoing search for a head coach in Montreal and Washington and Jordan Staals future in Pittsburgh. wholesale nfl jerseys . That talk became reality on Monday night. Anderson scored 22 points, Lopez tied a season high with 21 and New Orleans won for only the second time in 11 games, 102-81 over the Milwaukee Bucks. "We needed an effort game and we needed to prove to ourselves that when we play like that we can beat a team by a big margin," said Anderson, who like Lopez was a young role player on his former team before coming to New Orleans last summer in a trade. http://www.cheapjerseysfreeship... . The Winnipeg Jets forward has signed an agreement with Dinamo Minsk during the NHL lockout and will depart for Belarus on Saturday, according to agent Craig Oster of Newport Sports. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshippingnfl.com/]cheap jerseys . was known for. Now hes a star in his own right, headlining a big Mexican Independence Day weekend fight card just like his father used to do in his prime. cheap jerseys from china . The roster includes four goaltenders, 12 defencemen and 24 forwards. The camp will take place August 3-6 at the MasterCard Centre in Toronto. The players, born in 1995 and 1996, were selected by Hockey Canada head scout Kevin Prendergast, in consultation with head coach Todd Gill and assistant coaches Yanick Jean and Scott Walker.Tampa Bay Rays (78-67) at New York Yankees (82-63) - 1:05pm et (Sports Network) - Hiroki Kuroda hopes to deliver the New York Yankees a series win on Sunday when they play the rubber match of their three-game series with the Tampa Bay Rays at Yankee Stadium. Kuroda did not get a decision in Boston on Tuesday, but pitched well, allowing three runs and eight hits in 6 1/3 frames. He also struck out six without walking a batter in his team 4-3 loss. The Japanese right-hander, who is 13-10 with a 3.17 ERA on the year, could get himself back into the win column at home, where he is 5-2 with 1.85 ERA in his last nine outings. Hes also pitched to a 0.84 ERA in six afternoon starts this season. Kuroda beat the Rays two starts ago and is 1-1 with a 6.17 ERA in two starts against them this season. New York got a much-needed lift from Ivan Nova on Saturday, as he struck out eight over six-plus innings in the Yankees 5-3 triumph. Nova (12-7) had been sidelined since Aug. 21 with inflammation in his right rotator cuff, but the right-hander allowed just two runs on four hits and two walks to earn his first victory since Aug. 11. "I wasnt really expecting him to get into the seventh, but he kept his pitch count down and the way he was throwing ... we just kept him going." Yankees manager Joe Girardi said of Nova. "I was extremely impressed with his stuff today and his command and what he did out there." Rafael Soriano fired a scoreless ninth to secure his 39th save of the season and New Yorks third win in its last four games. Curtis Granderson clubbed a two-run homer and Eduardo Nunez followed with a solo shot in the second, as the Yankees regained a one-game lead over Baltimore atop the AL East. The Orioles lost in Oakland later on Saturday. James Shields (14-9) yielded four runs on six hits and a walk over 6 1/3 frames to absorb the loss. Evan Longoria smacked a solo homer and Luke Scott ripped a pinch-hit, two-run single in the seventh, but the Rays lost for the fourth time in their last five games and remained three games behind the Os for the final AL Wild Card spot. "Its the offense," Longoria said of the clubs recent struggles. "We gotta get hits. We gotta produce runs. However we have to do it, we gotta do it. The time is now." Heading to the hill for Tampa Bay on Sunday will be 23-year-old left-hander Matt Moore, who has lost his last three starts. Moores latest loss came in Baltimore on Tuesday, as he allowed three runs (2 earned) and four hits in four innings to fall to 10-10 on the year to go along with a 3.68 ERA. Moore lost to Kuroda and the Yanks back on Sept. 5, but is 2-1 with a 3.44 ERA in three starts against them. He fired five scoreless innings, though, in his only other Yankee Stadium start last September. "We did like Matt pitching here," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Part of it is a lefty thing, and hes pitched well here in the past and hes been pitching well. He had a tough start the last time out, but that happens. I feel good about him here (on Sunday)." Tampa has won 10 of its 17 meetings with the Yankees this season, but is just 3-5 in the Bronx. Detroit Tigers (77-67) at Cleveland Indians (60-86) - 3:05pm et (Sports Network) - Rick Porcello tries to end a month-long skid when the Detroit Tigers go for a three-game sweep of the Cleveland Indians on Sunday at Progressive Field. Porcello has dropped his last six starts and hasnt won since Aug. 7 against the New York Yankees. The right-hander hasnt received much run support, as the Tigers have scored just 10 runs during his slide. Porcello is 5-3 with a 4.11 ERA in 14 games against the Indians. Ubaldo Jimenez also doesnt haave a victory over his last six appearances, going 0-5 in that stretch with his last triumph coming Aug.dddddddddddd 9 versus Boston. Jimenez is 4-7 with a 5.22 ERA in 12 games against the Tigers. On Saturday, Anibal Sanchez took a no-hitter into the seventh inning and the Tigers won, 5-3. Detroit still sits one game back of Chicago for the top spot in the AL Central as the White Sox also won on Saturday, a 5-3 triumph over Minnesota. Sanchez (3-5) was seven outs away from the second no-hitter of his career after retiring the first two batters in the seventh. Carlos Santana, though, broke up the no-hit bid with a triple off the wall in center. Russ Canzlers RBI double to center field and Lonnie Chisenhalls run-scoring single up the middle chased Sanchez from the game. "I started watching the scoreboard," Sanchez said of his no-hit bid. "I had a chance. Everything was working good today." Sanchez struck out seven and did not issue a walk for the Tigers, who have won four in a row. Alex Avila paced Detroits offense with a 3-for-4 performance and two RBI. Miguel Cabrera added a solo homer and Austin Jackson drove in a run. Cleveland starter Justin Masterson (11-14) allowed four runs -- two earned -- on six hits over 4 2/3 innings. He fanned eight and walked four. "Its been a trying season, its been tough," Masterson said. "I havent done the job Im supposed to do. Thats whats gotten us to where were at." Cleveland leads the season series, 9-8. Baltimore Orioles (81-64) at Oakland Athletics (84-61) - 4:05pm et (Sports Network) - The Oakland Athletics try to get even closer in the American League West race on Sunday when they attempt to complete a three-game sweep of the Baltimore Orioles at the Coliseum. Oakland beat the Os for the fourth consecutive time at home on Saturday, as Chris Carters two-run double highlighted a five-run third inning in the As 5-2 triumph. Jarrod Parker (11-8) allowed seven hits and a pair of runs over seven innings for the As, who have won eight of their last nine contests and now sit two games behind first-place Texas in the AL West. Oakland also remains at the top of the wild card standings. "We know every game from here on out is enormous," Parker said. "Every game means something, every out means something. If were able to continue playing well, we know we have a chance to do great things." Nate McLouth homered for the Orioles, who are are 2 1/2 games ahead of the Angels for the second wild card spot, but fell a game behind the New York Yankees for the lead in the AL East. Zach Britton (5-3) gave up four hits and five runs over four innings. Getting the call for Oakland on Sunday will be righty Dan Straily, who has won his last two starts. Straily beat the Angels on Tuesday, holding them to three runs and seven hits in 6 2/3 innings. He also struck out a career-best eight in that one. Hes 2-0 in four starts for the As with a 3.42 ERA. Baltimore, meanwhile, will counter with left-handed veteran Randy Wolf, who will be making his first start with the team. Wolf was released by Milwaukee, but signed with the Os and has pitched three times in relief for them, going 2-0 with a 5.68 ERA. In 25 games (24 starts) for the Brewers Wolf was 3-10 with a 5.69 ERA. "Coming here you kind of feel a little rejuvenated and excited," Wolf said. "I think those exciting feelings and rejuvenating feelings are enhanced when you get the call to make the start (Sunday)." Wolf has faced the As just twice and is 1-0 with a 2.77 ERA in those contests. Prior to this series, the As and Os split six meetings this season -- all in Baltimore. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes