Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

r allowed Greece to scor - Off Topic Forum. - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

r allowed Greece to scor

Started by zake201, 2014/03/25 04:45AM
Latest post: 2014/03/25 04:45AM, Views: 338, Posts: 1
r allowed Greece to scor
#1   2014/03/25 04:45AM
zake201
:~ LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall lashed out at Green Bay on Wednesday, saying hes never disliked a team as much as the Packers. "I dont like the Green Bay Packers," he said during his weekly session with reporters. "Im not going to use the word hate, but I really dislike the Green Bay Packers and their players. But the talk, you have to back it up. Well go out there and well do everything we need to do to get a win." The Bears (8-5) clearly need one after dropping four of five heading into Sundays home game against Green Bay. The Packers (9-4) clinch the NFC North if they beat Chicago, so the stakes already were high. Marshall simply added some more fuel during a lively news conference. "This is personal," he said. He strode to the podium with a small, almost bare Christmas tree with a red ornament dangling from it, as the Peanuts theme played. It was a symbolic statement, that even though things are looking about as ugly as Charlie Browns Christmas tree at the moment, the Bears still have time. There was nothing symbolic when it came to his comments about the Packers. "Ive never felt this strong in sports -- versus any team or any players," Marshall said. "Im going to play like its my last game." His dislike for them seems to stem from a 23-10 loss at Green Bay in Week 2 in which he caught just two passes for 24 yards. Marshall called defensive co-ordinator Dom Capers the MVP for the Packers and took issue with comments he said several of their players made. He also said he hopes to see one-on-one coverage. "For their players to be over there talking about how awesome of a job they (do) shutting down certain players, I dont respect that, when its two and three guys on you or other guys," Marshall said. "Coach Capers did an amazing job of game-planning us and game-planning me. I didnt beat double or triple coverage or whatever they were throwing at us. I take it as a slap in my face when guys talk about my lack of ability to do something against them when they have help all over the place. Im looking forward to one-on-one coverage. Hopefully, those guys in games like this may go to their coach and say, Let me have him. I want Brandon Marshall. I want to stop Brandon Marshall. Let me have him one-on-one, press coverage. And well see what happens." Marshall said cornerbacks Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson said some things that bothered him. The most pointed comments from the Packers that night were directed toward Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, with Woodson saying they knew he would throw it to them. Considering they picked him off four times, it was hard to argue. And they did that after Cutler wished the Packers "good luck" trying to match up physically with the Bears receivers. Woodson did tell FOXsports.com in an article that appeared last month that Marshall "likes to bend and break the rules." "Hes one of those guys where he wants you to put your hands on him so hes going to grab you and throw you. Im like, Mr. Ref, hes not fast enough to get on top of me. How do you think he got on top?" Woodson told the website. Marshall, meanwhile, was asked about the physicality of Green Bays secondary on Wednesday. "Non-existent," he responded. Marshall added: "Leading up to the game, they were complaining about how big I was and I was a cheater because I grabbed and pushed at the line of scrimmage. I thought that whats bump coverage was about. So they put them off and throw them inside and safety over the top and a linebacker running out to me. They did a bunch of things and it was good. But we wont make that mistake again. We wont force the ball to me." Marshall called this the biggest game of his career and said he was looking forward to facing Woodson. But that wont happen. Shortly after Marshall spoke, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said doctors decided Woodson isnt quite ready to return from a broken collarbone, so hes been ruled out for this week. Marshall, meanwhile, said he respects the Packers accomplishments. He just wont be shaking their hands on Sunday. "Its not going to happen," he said. Notes: Bears coach Lovie Smith took offence to a question about his contract status. Smith is signed through 2013, but there has been some speculation about his future with the Bears in a free fall for the second straight year. "Stop you right there," he said. "Why in the world would we be talking about a contract with Green Bay week here? What I can talk about is, Im excited about playing the Packers again." Smith also said he has no plans to make any coaching changes at the moment. ... Cutler again said he expects to be ready Sunday after leaving last weeks game at Minnesota with a sore neck. ... The Bears had a walkthrough instead of a full practice on Wednesday because theyre banged up at the moment. ... The Bears signed DT Amobi Okoye to a one-year contract on Wednesday, after waiving him late last month. jerseys from china . Adams finalized a $12 million, two-year contract with Philadelphia on Thursday, giving the Phillies a premier eighth-inning reliever. The 34-year-old right-hander was 5-3 with a 3. nfl jerseys china . The Bayern Munich player fractured his left foot in July and was unlikely to recover in time for the Sept. 11 Group C game in Vienna. "Alaba wont be added to the squad even if he gets fit just in time," Koller said Tuesday. http://www.chinawholesalenflj... . Less than 20 seconds later, Bolt became sprinting royalty. The Jamaican again outduelled countryman Yohan Blake at the London 2012 Olympic Games, this time to win the 200m Olympic title in a time of 19. [url=http://www.chinawholesalenfljerseyscheap.com/]cheap nfl jerseys wholesale .H. -- Jeff Gordon came into the media centre after winning the pole in New Hampshire and found that the moderator was not yet at his post. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Brady Quinn is getting another shot on the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback merry-go-round.WROCLAW, Poland - Czech Republic captain Tomas Rosicky and goalkeeper Petr Cech could recover from their injuries in time for its final group game against Poland at Euro 2012, team doctors said on Wednesday. Both players underwent scans at a military hospital in Wroclaw, a day after being injured in their teams 2-1 win over Greece in Group A at the European Championship on Tuesday. "Theres a certain, significant chance that after we apply an intensive treatment they will be in condition that would allow them to play," team doctor Petr Krejci said. He put their chances at 75 per cent. He said Rosicky and Cech wont train until the final session before Saturdays match, when they will undergo fitness tests. "They have to give it a try," he said. Rosicky injured his Achilles tendon and had to be substituted after the first half on Tuesday. The plaaymaker said after the game that he had experienced a similar problem last season with Arsenal and that he hadnt trained ahead of the clubs last three Premier League matches.dddddddddddd But he added: "Ive been waiting for this moment for such a long time and I wont give up. If theres any chance for me to play, I will." Rosicky injured a calf muscle in Arsenals last Premier League match on May 13 and only recovered last week. He missed the 2008 Euro due to an injury. Krejci said Cech had complained about a pain in his shoulder after the match — in which a rare blunder by the keeper allowed Greece to score and come back into the match. "An X-ray scan also didnt show any injury in the shoulder joint," Krejci said. Both players are the major stars on the team and the Czechs are likely to struggle without them against Poland. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes