Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

got to talk abou - Off Topic Forum. - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

got to talk abou

Started by zake201, 2014/03/26 11:23AM
Latest post: 2014/03/26 11:23AM, Views: 401, Posts: 1
got to talk abou
#1   2014/03/26 11:23AM
zake201
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Its not every day that an NBA coach embraces a line popularized in a gritty crime film as a mantra for his team. These are not typical times for the Orlando Magic or coach Stan Van Gundy. "We all we got" will have to do. Bad grammar and all. ORLANDO, Fla. -- Its not every day that an NBA coach embraces a line popularized in a gritty crime film as a mantra for his team. These are not typical times for the Orlando Magic or coach Stan Van Gundy. "We all we got" will have to do. Bad grammar and all. Thats especially the case with All-Star Dwight Howard out for the season following back surgery and Van Gundys injury-riddled team needing a win in its last two games of the regular season to lock up the sixth spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs. "I just thought it was apropos to what weve been going through," said Van Gundy regarding the quote from the movie "New Jack City" that is echoing throughout the Magic locker room. "No. 1, were not looking around for excuses for what were going through. This is all weve got and we need to pull together to get the job done." In the mix to be one of the Easts top three teams a month ago, the Magic have dropped three straight games and five of their last seven. It has made them fall all the way to the sixth seed and a likely first-round matchup with Indiana. Should they fail to beat either lowly 7-57 Charlotte in Wednesdays home finale or Thursday at Memphis, they could slip to seventh and a pairing with Miami. "We just gotta go out there and put together the best game we can," said point guard Jameer Nelson, who is questionable for Wednesday with a calf bruise. "That and dont worry about the standings or anything else. Thats more of a distraction than anything. We need to just go out and play our game, keep our intensity and our energy level up, go out and take care of business." Whatever happens, Howard wont be on the sidelines to watch. He is staying the Los Angeles area for at least the next three weeks to rehab after his back surgery and wont be on the sidelines to watch during the post-season. Van Gundy said its been agreed by all involved that travel is not ideal for his back right now. Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed Howards surgery last seek, released a statement late Tuesday saying though hes advised him not to travel that his post operation examination "showed significant improvement from his preoperative condition that necessitated from mandatory spine surgery." He will be reexamined this week. The statement went on to say that while the Olympics are out for Howard this summer, Watkins is "very optimistic" he will be able to play next season. Howards absence has been noticeable for the Magic, particularly on the defensive end with Orlando going just 3-7 without him and allowing opponents to average above 50 per cent shooting from the field in those games. In the 54 games Howard played in this season, the Magic were 33-21 and held foes to 43 per cent shooting. "Im sure hed like to be around, but with him not playing it cant help us a whole lot, so he needs to do whats best for his rehab," Van Gundy said. Theres a little good news on the injury front for the Magic. Forward Hedo Turkoglu, who has been sidelined since cheekbone surgery on April 7, participated in the non-contact part of practice Tuesday and shot afterward. He said he hopes to be back the first game of the playoffs. "Ill try to do my best to put myself in that situation," he said. "And hopefully if I get a call, Ill just try to go out there and do my best to help the team. I dont know how long I will play. But when I do, I will try to do my best and try to provide something for the team." Also, forwards Earl Clark (sore left knee) and Quentin Richardson (sore calf) sat out practice Tuesday, but are expected to play against the Bobcats. Clark said who plays in the playoffs doesnt matter right now. "I dont think we just worry about that, were just trying to get a win," Clark said. "Just continue to get better, get some guys healthy and move forward. Whoever we play in the playoffs, its going be the playoffs and either you win or go home. To me (Indiana and Miami are) both tough teams and dangerous teams." However it ends up, what is certain is that the Magic will have a much tougher time than many thought erasing the sting of a first-round playoff exit last season. Still, forward Ryan Anderson rejected the notion that they are finished without Howard in the lineup. "Thats the safe thing for people to say," Anderson said. "We can go out and surprise a lot of people. I think we have a lot of talent and proven that we can beat great teams...If people want to call us the underdog or dead man walking or whatever it is, thats what they can think. Thats the safe thing if youre a betting man. "But I think we have a great team. We play extremely hard and I dont think were going give up without a fight." Thats especially the case with All-Star Dwight Howard out for the season following back surgery and Van Gundys injury-riddled team needing a win in its last two games of the regular season to lock up the sixth spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs. "I just thought it was apropos to what weve been going through," said Van Gundy regarding the quote from the movie "New Jack City" that is echoing throughout the Magic locker room. "No. 1, were not looking around for excuses for what were going through. This is all weve got and we need to pull together to get the job done." In the mix to be one of the Easts top three teams a month ago, the Magic have dropped three straight games and five of their last seven. It has made them fall all the way to the sixth seed and a likely first-round matchup with Indiana. Should they fail to beat either lowly 7-57 Charlotte in Wednesdays home finale or Thursday at Memphis, they could slip to seventh and a pairing with Miami. "We just gotta go out there and put together the best game we can," said point guard Jameer Nelson, who is questionable for Wednesday with a calf bruise. "That and dont worry about the standings or anything else. Thats more of a distraction than anything. We need to just go out and play our game, keep our intensity and our energy level up, go out and take care of business." Whatever happens, Howard wont be on the sidelines to watch. He is staying Los Angeles for at least the next three weeks to rehab after his back surgery and wont be on the sidelines to watch during the post-season. Van Gundy said its been agreed by all involved that travel is not ideal for his back right now. His absence has been noticeable, particularly on the defensive end with Orlando going just 3-7 without him and allowing opponents to average above 50 per cent shooting from the field in those games. In the 54 games Howard played in this season, the Magic were 33-21 and held foes to 43 per cent shooting. "Im sure hed like to be around, but with him not playing it cant help us a whole lot, so he needs to do whats best for his rehab," Van Gundy said. Theres a little good news on the injury front for the Magic. Forward Hedo Turkoglu, who has been sidelined since cheekbone surgery on April 7, participated in the non-contact part of practice Tuesday and shot afterward. He said he hopes to be back the first game of the playoffs. "Ill try to do my best to put myself in that situation," he said. "And hopefully if I get a call, Ill just try to go out there and do my best to help the team. I dont know how long I will play. But when I do, I will try to do my best and try to provide something for the team." Also, forwards Earl Clark (sore left knee) and Quentin Richardson (sore calf) sat out practice Tuesday, but are expected to play against the Bobcats. Clark said who plays in the playoffs doesnt matter right now. "I dont think we just worry about that, were just trying to get a win," Clark said. "Just continue to get better, get some guys healthy and move forward. Whoever we play in the playoffs, its going be the playoffs and either you win or go home. To me (Indiana and Miami are) both tough teams and dangerous teams." However it ends up, what is certain is that the Magic will have a much tougher time than many thought erasing the sting of a first-round playoff exit last season. Still, forward Ryan Anderson rejected the notion that they are finished without Howard in the lineup. "Thats the safe thing for people to say," Anderson said. "We can go out and surprise a lot of people. I think we have a lot of talent and proven that we can beat great teams...If people want to call us the underdog or dead man walking or whatever it is, thats what they can think. Thats the safe thing if youre a betting man. "But I think we have a great team. We play extremely hard and I dont think were going give up without a fight." wholesale jerseys . Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo beat goalkeeper Joe Hart in the 90th minute to cap a dramatic comeback as the nine-time Champions League winners twice came from behind for a morale-boosting victory over the English champions following a week of domestic disarray. cheap jerseys .C. -- Forbes annual ranking of Americas Most Influential Athlete has placed NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson at the top of the list for the second consecutive year. http://www.cheapjerseysusfromchina.... . Luis Cruz doubled home the go-ahead run in his second game with the Dodgers and stole home on the next pitch, leading Los Angeles to a 3-1 victory over Johnny Cueto and the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysusfromchina.com/]cheap jerseys free shipping . The Mavericks overcame an early spark from former Dallas guard J.J. Barea, who became a starter midway through the 2011 NBA finals against Miami and helped the franchise rally to its first title. Barea, who was injured in two previous trips to Dallas, led the Timberwolves with 21 points. wholesale jerseys free shipping . He could have fooled anyone. While Luck acknowledged that he was still trying to get acclimated to a new playbook, a new locker room and new teammates, those who watched closely on Friday said the new Indianapolis Colts quarterback looked a whole lot like the one they remembered at Stanford.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Johnny Cuetos bad back left the Cincinnati Reds unsure who would start Game 4 if their playoff against the San Francisco Giants goes that far. The Reds 19-game winner had to leave the first inning of the divisional series opener Saturday because of back spasms. Mat Latos and the bullpen took over and pulled off a 5-2 win. The Reds took the first two games in San Francisco, leaving them one win from advancing to the NL championship series. They got their first chance to do it Tuesday night at Great American Ball Park, with Homer Bailey going against Ryan Vogelsong. If San Francisco wins, manager Dusty Baker will have another difficult choice. He said Tuesday it was unclear whether Cueto would be able to throw. If Cueto is hurt, the Reds have a few options. They could replace him on the division series roster with right-hander Mike Leake, who was left off. That would leave Cueto unavailable to pitch during the league championship series if the Reds make it that far.dddddddddddd "Were seeing if we can avoid it because he wouldnt be available the next series," Baker said. "But if its unavoidable, thats something different. Were weighing our options right now." The other option is to lean on the bullpen again. They could bring Latos back on short rest again, though thats not an appealing alternative. Baker planned to meet with Cueto, team trainers, general manager Walt Jocketty and pitching coach Bryan Price to make a decision later in the day. "Weve got to talk about it, see how Johnny is," Baker said. "A lot of guys would be on less than full rest (if they use the bullpen for Game 4). We hope we dont have to talk about it at all. But you know its going to be a tough game today. Youre taking the last breath out of somebody." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes