Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e to 18th. Pete - Off Topic Forum. - Country Musi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e to 18th. Pete

Started by zake201, 2014/03/26 11:23AM
Latest post: 2014/03/26 11:23AM, Views: 338, Posts: 1
e to 18th. Pete
#1   2014/03/26 11:23AM
zake201
TORONTO -- For the first time in a long time, the shoe was on the other foot. Canadas Olympic and world ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir have spent the past several years carefully managing Virtues lingering leg injuries. But it was Moir on the trainers table earlier this month when the two were forced to withdraw from the Finlandia Trophy. "It was interesting," Moir said on a conference call Thursday, a week before their season debut at Skate Canada International. "I havent missed a competition due to injury for quite a while, and its not very much fun. Its not something I plan on doing again." Virtue, 23, and Moir, 25, had to pull out of what would have been their season-opening event two weeks ago in Finland when Moir strained a muscle in his neck. "We got stuck in a lift, I brought Tessa down on my head the wrong way and it jarred my neck so I wasnt really able to train for a couple of days," Moir said. "My physio team was worried that if I got caught in a lift, which obviously we would have to do, that I could herniate the disc. "It was not worth it if I go there and I happened to get caught in the same position that I could be out for the fall or even the year." Moir said his neck is 100 per cent healed, hes not feeling any limitations and their lifts are good. Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir, from Ilderton, Ont., won the world title last March in France in their first solid season of training since 2008. Virtue has been plagued by compartment syndrome in her legs for years. The injury led to a pair of surgeries and kept her off the ice for the better part of two seasons. She gritted her teeth and skated through the pain at the Vancouver Olympics. Three weeks after their scheduled debut, Virtue and Moir will open at Skate Canada, kicking off what Moir has dubbed "the 401 season," in reference to Ontarios Highway 401. The national championships are in Mississauga, while London, Ont., will host the world championships in March. "Its definitely a funny feeling, seems like this year were either in Russia or Ontario," Moir said. "Its been a while, I dont remember driving to very many Skate Canadas. But well definitely take it as a treat, we have some long trips this year, Four Continents in Japan, Sochi for (Grand Prix) Final if we qualify. . . theyre not easy trips." The dancers, who live and train in Canton, Mich., just across the border from Windsor, said while they enjoy competing at home, they have to be careful to treat the events like they would any other international competition. Theyll stay in a hotel in both Windsor and London. "It just helps get us in that mindset of being at a competition and taking the bus to the rink and getting in our little zone," Virtue said. "Its funny how far away from home you can feel even when youre just five minutes down the road but its all part of it. Its part of our routine. "Like Scott said were going to enjoy the experience, really embrace being in a hometown crowd, with our friends and family close by. But really we have a job to do and I think we just need to set ourselves up as best as possible to make it feel like a normal competition." Virtue and Moir will unveil two new programs in Windsor. Their short program is to "The Waltz Goes On" by Sir Anthony Hopkins, while their free dance is to "Carmen," an opera that Virtue admitted might be "overused" in figure skating, but is "classic and timeless." Cheap Jerseys from china .J. -- Martin Brodeur is going to remain the face of the New Jersey Devils. Cheap Jerseys China .com arena. The draft agreement, posted online by the City of Glendale on its municipal website Monday, states the former San Jose Sharks executive will be paid the fee as arena manager for keeping "an anchor tenant at the arena. http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/[/ur... . Inge hit a two-out, two-run double in the ninth after Crisp scored the tying run on a sacrifice fly, sliding into home to avoid a sweeping tag by catcher Wilin Rosario, and the Oakland Athletics rallied to beat the Colorado Rockies 10-8 Wednesday night. [url=http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys free shipping . 1. Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford After months of knowing he would be the next quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts, Luck finally heard his named called on Thursday night. wholesale jerseys . -- Jack McInerney converted a header off a free kick in the 73rd minute, lifting the Philadelphia Union past the New England Revolution 1-0 on Saturday night.Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Ian Poulter claimed his second World Golf Championship title on Sunday and that helped him jump 11 spots in this weeks world rankings. Outside of the top six, there was plenty of movement. The top six in the rankings remained the same with Rory McIlroy followed again by Tiger Woods, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Justin Rose and Adam Scott. Jason Dufner moved up three to No. 7 thanks to a share of second behind Poulter. Webb Simpson dipped one to eight, while Brandt Snedeker held steady in ninth. Louis Oosthuizen inched up one to 10, while Bubba Watson was down three to 11th and Steve Stricker held steady in 12th.dddddddddddd Phil Mickelson, who finished alongside Dufner, was up six spots to No. 13 and Keegan Bradley stayed at 14. After Poulter, Nick Watney was 16th again, but Matt Kuchar was down four to 17 and Dustin Johnson slid three to 18th. Peter Hanson dropped a pair to 19th, while Ernie Els, who also tied for second behind Poulter, was up four places to No. 20. Zach Johnson and Sergio Garcia both fell three spots to drop out of the top 20 this week. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes