Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

t. NOTES: Toronto rookie - Off Topic Forum. - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

t. NOTES: Toronto rookie

Started by zake201, 2014/03/26 11:24AM
Latest post: 2014/03/26 11:24AM, Views: 364, Posts: 1
t. NOTES: Toronto rookie
#1   2014/03/26 11:24AM
zake201
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers suspended running back Brandon Jacobs on Monday for the final three games following a series of posts on social media sites addressing his lack of playing time, including one during the weekend saying he was "on this team rotting away." The 49ers made the announcement about two hours after coach Jim Harbaughs news conference, but provided no explanation for why Jacobs had been disciplined. It is doubtful he would return for the playoffs. Harbaugh declined to address Jacobs comments, even when asked whether Jacobs was still on the team. He said he was invoking his "fifth amendment" right. The 30-year-old Jacobs has five carries for 7 yards while playing in only two games with the NFC West-leading Niners (9-3-1). He spent his first seven NFL seasons with the New York Giants and has called this his "worst" year -- though he knew he was joining a crowded backfield that features three-time Pro Bowler Frank Gore as one of the faces of the franchise. In recent days, he posted a series of photos of himself playing for the Giants -- and even a picture of his two Super Bowl championship rings, side by side. "I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners," Jacobs said in an Instagram post Saturday. "This is by far the worst year I ever had, Ill tell you like I told plenty others." On Twitter later, Jacobs said: "I dont understand why people are angry at me because I wanna do what I am paid to do, I am a competitive person, I think people should be mad if I didnt wanna play. ... As for all of my Instagram photos I dont have any niner pics, if youll find me some pics Ill put them up." Jacobs, hampered by a left knee injury earlier this season, spends approximately 20 minutes before games punching the goal-post padding. He has said it is his way of dealing with the situation. Last month, Jacobs posted advice on Twitter with a reference to never working "in a place where you hate your boss so much, you should always be happy at work" with a hash tag of "YouLiveAndYouLearn." His post came the same day Harbaugh was hospitalized for a minor procedure for an irregular heartbeat. Jacobs then said people shouldnt "assume" his remarks were football-related, then followed up with more tweets -- including one reading "football is not my life, people" and another saying, "Have you ever been in a spot and you wonder why are you there." Later, he posted that his tweets referred to his brothers boss, who makes "him feel like he is the best thing since slice bread but when the budget is shot he is the first one get laid off, same with two other people I know." Jacobs ran for 571 yards and seven touchdowns last season with New York as a backup to Ahmad Bradshaw. He is the fourth-leading rusher in franchise history with 4,849 yards, but saw his role diminish with the emergence of Bradshaw and became increasingly disgruntled. wholesale nfl jersey . The 30-year-old has not played a match for Bologna this season. But he got a tryout with Montreal during a two-game tour of Italy after the Major League Soccer season in November. cheap nfl jerseys china . He showed why Wednesday night -- at the Washington Wizards expense. Boozer had 30 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists, played the final seven minutes with five fouls and scored the clinching points in the Bulls 87-80 victory over the Wizards. http://www.wholesalejerseysamerica... .C. -- After months of waiting, it looks like Russell Teibert will finally get a chance to start for the Vancouver Whitecaps. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysamerican.com/]wholesale jerseys china . One of the worlds most famous athletes was standing over the ball ready to take a free kick and all eyes within the crowd in Montreal were transfixed. cheap nfl jerseys . Diving Canada Plongeon reiterated Friday that the two-time Olympic silver medallist has not suffered from any concussion-like symptoms, but will remain under doctor observation. TORONTO -- One seriously sloppy half was too much for the Minnesota Timberwolves to overcome. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan each scored 22 points, Alan Anderson had 18 and the Toronto Raptors earned their first victory of the season Sunday night, beating Minnesota 105-86. Toronto took advantage of 24 Minnesota turnovers -- 16 in the first half -- to score 32 points and leave Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman fuming. "The first half is where we got killed," Adelman said. "Sixteen turnovers, you cant do that on the road. You cant succeed, you open up the door for them." Andrea Bargnani scored 10 points as the Raptors extended Minnesotas miserable record against Toronto. The Raptors have won 15 of the past 16 meetings, including nine straight at home. Minnesota has not won in Toronto since Jan. 21, 2004. "We took a little step forward tonight," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "We had a lot more possessions because of the turnovers." Brandon Roy was the biggest culprit, giving the ball away five times, but there was plenty of blame to go around. Luke Ridnour and Chase Budinger each had four turnovers, while Alexey Shved and Nikola Pekovic both made three. "I just couldnt get a grip on that ball," Roy said. "I know it sounds simple but I took a couple of dribbles and the thing was just flying out of my hands. No excuses, just too many turnovers." Andrei Kirilenko scored 17 points and Pekovic had 15 for the Timberwolves. Kirilenko said the flood of miscues meant Minnesota "kind of lost our composure." "Its too many turnovers," Kirilenko said. "You cant win the game when every guy loses three of four balls. We have to work on this. It wasnt really forced turnovers, we just threw them away." Trailing 79-73 to begin the fourth, Minnesota was outscored 26-13 in the fourth quarter, making just four of 16 field goal attempts. "We just let the floodgates open in the fourth quarter," Adelman said. Derrick Williams had nine points and eight rebounds for Minnesota, who are without injured forward Kevin Love (broken hand) and guard Ricky Rubio (left knee). The Timberwolves lost another player when guard Jose Barea hit his head midway through the second. Barea was diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms and did not return. "When it happened, you couuld tell he was dizzy," Roy said.dddddddddddd "He tried to walk and he just stumbled a little bit. I was thinking Oh no. With everything thats going on with concussions you just hate to see that, especially with a teammate." Barea appeared to take an accidental kick in the face from teammate Dante Cunningham as he fell and also had a large red bump on the left side of his head. He said he couldnt remember the incident. "It was bad luck," Barea said. "All I remember is I drove baseline, I went up, made the shot and that was it. Then I was (in the locker room)." Barea said he hoped to play Monday when the Timberwolves make their first visit to Brooklyn to face the Nets. "Ill probably play," Barea said. "It all depends on the trainers. Ive got to take another test tomorrow to make sure. "My face hurts, Ive got a couple of cuts in mouth but other than that Im all right," Barea. Winless in two games coming in, Toronto was playing the second game of two straight. The Raptors lost 107-100 at Brooklyn on Saturday night, the Nets first game in their new home. Casey said Andersons contribution off the bench was especially important given that the Raptors were still tired from their trip to storm-ravaged New York. "He is the man," Casey said of Anderson. "He came up big." Lowrys 20-point performance was his third in three games. "Hes a very good player and he really gets them going," Adelman said of Lowry, who he once coached in Houston. The Raptors scored 27 points off of 16 Minnesota turnovers in the first half, and got seven points from Lowry in a 12-4 run over the final 3:10 of the second quarter to open a 56-47 lead at the intermission. The Timberwolves were more careful in the third, committing just three turnovers and cutting the deficit to 79-73 heading into the fourth. Kirilenko scored seven points in the third and Pekovic had six. Landry Fields opened the fourth with a dunk and Toronto scored nine of the first 12 points of the quarter, opening an 88-76 lead on Andersons 3-pointer with 8:47 left. NOTES: Toronto rookie Terrence Ross scored his first NBA basket on a jump shot in the fourth. ... Raptors F Linas Kleiza missed his second straight game because of personal reasons. ... Minnesota made 18 of 32 field goal attempts in the first half but went 11 for 32 in the second half. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes