Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Bell Media, Engra - Off Topic Forum. - Country Mu...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Bell Media, Engra

Started by zake201, 2014/03/28 10:58AM
Latest post: 2014/03/28 10:58AM, Views: 362, Posts: 1
Bell Media, Engra
#1   2014/03/28 10:58AM
zake201
LONDON - LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and David Robinson are part of an exclusive Olympic club that may never welcome another member. Theyre the only mens basketball players from the United States to compete in three Olympics — and with a potential age-limit rule change looming, maybe the last ones. "Were very humbled from the simple fact that weve been selected once again, but we dont take it for granted," said James, who added that he wasnt aware of the rare three-peat until someone told him. "This is a very select group of guys who get this opportunity every four years and for us to be a part of it for three consecutive teams is an unbelievable feat." A feat that seemed unlikely after James and Anthonys first experience. The Olympics couldnt end quickly enough for them in Athens. James can hardly hide his disgust with his role, or lack thereof, whenever he is asked about 2004, a time when USA Basketball was, as Anthony says, "just trash." Now they refuse to let the Olympic experience stop. The NBA All-Stars have gone from Olympic outcasts to longtime leaders whose commitment has helped get the Americans back on top and favourites to stay there. Robinson, a Hall of Famer, followed up a bronze medal finish in 1988 by winning in 1992 and again in 1996. James and Anthony can follow the same pattern, a remarkable finish — if they are done — to an ugly start. "Id have come full circle," Anthony said. "Just the feeling of having that experience of being at the bottom of it all as far as USA Basketball goes in 2004 and then coming back to redeem ourselves in 2008, I had to come back. LeBron had to come back. We had to do it once again. "Even right now, in London, that gold medal in 08 was sweet, but this one would be even better." James and Anthony were NBA rookies in 2004, playing for a coach who favours veterans. They still needed to grow as players and grow up as people, and they really didnt belong in Athens in the first place. But such was the state of USA Basketball that when numerous players pulled out and the Americans had no plan in a place to fill out the roster, they picked a pair of familiar names who didnt yet have the games to match their popularity. James had been the NBA rookie of the year but was only 19. Anthony was 20, a year after leading Syracuse to the NCAA championship as a freshman. The Americans lost three times in Athens while James and Anthony mostly sat and watched. Anthony in particular was viewed as the poster child for a team that was hated at home and abroad. "That experience Ive kind of forgotten about, honestly," James said. "I was thrown in as an afterthought after my rookie year and I didnt play much and we wasnt a team. ... Ever since then, being a part of this and part of Team USA has been great for myself — and I know Melo feels the same." James has become a leader for the Americans, perhaps caring more about that role because leadership was so lacking on that 04 disaster. Anthony has become a potent scorer and an even better teammate, willingly taking a sixth man role this year after starting every game he played from 2006-08. "Its great to see and, yeah, we owe them such a debt of gratitude for committing themselves to be part of this," USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo said. "And thats the thing that touches me so, so much, that players have ... really committed to it because they liked it, felt comfortable, wanted to be a part of it. And those guys were right at the forefront, Carmelo, LeBron." The opportunity to play for the U.S. multiple times wasnt available until NBA players were allowed to compete in the Olympics, beginning in 1992. Even so, most players either never considered or were considered for a second try, and certainly wouldnt give much thought to the idea of sacrificing a third summer. Robinson, a Naval Academy graduate who had great appreciation for representing his country, was an obvious exception. Now with the experience James and Anthony have had, players such as Chris Paul may welcome the chance to keep competing. "I think it still has a great feel to it," Robinson said while watching an American practice in Barcelona. "I grew up with the Olympics, so I always thought this was the best, there was no way I would not play in the Olympics. But I think these guys enjoy coming together. This is a tremendous experience for all of them. Looks like everybodys having a lot of fun. "I would guess, yeah, guys would want to do it as many times as they could." They may not have the chance. NBA Commissioner David Stern has discussed limiting Olympic participation to players 23 and younger, a proposal that would have to be approved by FIBA, basketballs governing body. Beyond preventing future threepeats, it would have blocked Anthony and James from making up for their Athens misery had it been in place, since they had already turned 24 before the Beijing Games. Players oppose the idea, with James saying hes against it "because Im 27." He and Anthony know better than anyone that playing in the Olympics isnt always for the young. They appreciated it more as they became more experienced, and now Anthony, criticized for some immature behaviour eight years ago, is lauded by coach Mike Krzyzewski for being as committed as anyone to playing for his country. "For me to get that call and be one of the 12 guys to represent the USA," Anthony said, "you cant ask for anything better than that." wholesale jerseys . Betemit hoped the ball would roll foul as it spun in the chalk. It stayed fair. And thanks to a good bit of hustle, Eric Hosmer ended up on second base with a 55-foot double that played a key role in Kansas Citys 4-3 comeback victory over the Orioles on Saturday. nfl holdjersey . It was the largest shutout loss in Blue Jays history. There was more bad news for the Blue Jays. Catcher J.P. Arencibia fractured his right hand in the second inning after taking a Brandon Inge foul ball on the hand. http://www.holdjersey.com/ . The reigning Vanier Cup champions received all 30 first-place nods and 300 points from FRC voters to remain in front of the No. 2 Laval Rouge et Or (256 points), No. nba holdjersey . Kaepernick earned the offensive honor after throwing a career-high four touchdown passes in the 49ers 41-34 win at New England. He threw for 216 yards overall and added 28 yards rushing as San Francisco snapped the Patriots 20-game home winning streak in the month of December. cheap jerseys . The 21-year-old was named the U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year in 2010. Toronto was one of six MLS teams in Thursdays lottery and held a 57.With the CFL regular season kicking off next week, TSN gets fans ready for Canadas game with the CFL Preview Show on Monday at 8 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV. Canadas Sports Leader will also air two prime-time CFL specials leading up to the preview show on Monday: Journey to the Grey Cup: The 2011 B.C. Lions at 7 p.m. ET and Top 50 CFL Players at 7:30 p.m. ET. As the official broadcaster of the CFL, TSN is home to the leagues entire 2012 season, including all regular season and playoff games and the 100th Grey Cup. Coverage begins with doubleheader action on Friday, June 29 featuring Saskatchewan at Hamilton at 7 p.m. ET, immediately followed by Winnipeg at B.C. at 10 p.m. ET on TSN. All games are available live on TSN Mobile TV and on-demand at TSN.ca. JOURNEY TO THE GREY CUP: THE 2011 B.C. LIONSMonday, June 25 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN and TSN Mobile TV This special TSN production gives fans an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the roller-coaster ride that was the B.C. Lions season last year. From their 0-5 start to Grey Cup champions, Lions players including quarterback Travis Lulay and wide receivers Geroy Simon and Arland Bruce III provide an all-access glimpse into their lives as the season unfolds. Filmed using state-of-the-art RED cameras, Journey to the Grey Cup has stunning visuals of the CFLs Western Final and the 99th Grey Cup. TOP 50 CFL PLAYERSMonday, June 25 at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN and TSN Mobile TV TSNs football experts, together with CFL sports writers from across the country, rank the leagues best players during the Top 50 CFL Players. Dave Randorf hosts the 30-minute special alongside TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor and analyst Matt Dunigan, as they count dowwn to the number one-ranked player and break down this years list, which features eight new players in the Top 10 compared to last year.dddddddddddd Fans can head online to comment on the list on TSNs Fan Page on Facebook or on Twitter using the #CFLTop50 hashtag. Last years Top 50 CFL Players ignited debate amongst CFL players, coaches and executives alike over the players that made the buzz-worthy list. CFL PREVIEW SHOWMonday, June 25 at 8 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV TSNs special two-hour original production hits the gridiron hard with a complete look ahead to what is already shaping up to be one of the most interesting seasons in CFL history. Hosted by Dave Randorf, the CFL Preview Show brings together CFL ON TSN panellists Chris Schultz, Matt Dunigan, Jock Climie and Milt Stegall, as they break down all eight CFL teams with detailed reports and analysis – and predict which team will walk off the field with the Grey Cup. TSNs game analyst Glen Suitor, TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor, and former Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive tackle Doug Brown provide additional insight and commentary throughout the show. Naylor also brings fans a feature on how running backs over the age of 30 are becoming an "endangered species" in football today. Finally, Brian Williams stops by the studio to give fans a sneak peek at TSNs original documentary series, Engraved On A Nation: Storied of the Grey Cup, the CFL and Canada, which makes its debut in the fall. Commissioned by Bell Media, Engraved On A Nation celebrates the 100th Grey Cup with eight original documentaries demonstrating how the Grey Cup has become such an intrinsic part of Canadian heritage. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes