Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

dont see us repeati - Off Topic Forum. - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

dont see us repeati

Started by zake201, 2014/03/30 10:34AM
Latest post: 2014/03/30 10:34AM, Views: 363, Posts: 1
dont see us repeati
#1   2014/03/30 10:34AM
zake201
ORLANDO, Fla. -- His nickname is the Human Pogo Stick and Utahs Jeremy Evans set out to put some bounce back into the Slam Dunk Contest. Evans endeared himself to the fans with a mix of props and creativity, and they voted him the winner of one of the marquee events of the NBAs All-Star Saturday festivities. Evans, who got into the competition as a replacement for injured New York guard Iman Shumpert, earned 29 per cent of the 3 million votes cast. He beat out Houstons Chase Budinger, Indianas Paul George and Minnesotas Derrick Williams for the Jazzs first-ever trophy in the contest. In a departure from past dunk competitions, fans were given complete voting power and cast their ballots by text message after each of the four participants competed in three one-dunk rounds. Evans dunked with a camera on his head, slammed two basketballs while jumping over a seated assistant and donned a Karl Malone jersey to dunk over mailman-dressed comedian Kevin Hart. Evans said the Jazz didnt have any input in the Malone-themed idea. "Not at all," he said. "I was just thanking the Jazz fans. You want to do something to get them in it. So I felt that was a good way. And Dwight Howard, he helped me big time. That was huge." Budinger got just as many cheers from the Amway Center fans as Evans, and some in the celebrity-filled crowd sighed when the winner was announced. Budinger got his biggest reaction when he donned a Cedric Ceballos jersey and imitated his 1992 blindfolded dunk, completing it with a reverse slam. "Ive very happy with my performance. I went out there, I had a plan and I executed the plan and the fans voted and I didnt win and that happens sometimes," Budinger said. "But I had great dunks and theyre going to be great memories as well." Kevin Love knows something about dunking. He does most of his dirty work inside for Minnesota, but he got to show off his outside touch on Saturday night. Love beat out Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant to win the 3-Point Shootout. The former UCLA star was consistent throughout, but had to survive a tiebreaker in the first round and sweat out the last few shots from Durant to pull out the 17-14 victory in the final. Love is in the middle for a breakout year for Minnesota, averaging 25 points and 9.9 rebounds a game. But he also has connected on 49 of 141 3-point attempts for the Timberwolves. "You know, Im a guy that loves to rebound the ball, a guy that loves to play inside, really a physical player," Love said. "But for me, coming into the league, I was told not to shoot 3-point shots, so to be where I am now and continue to work on my game; I think this definitely speaks to my versatility. I think Ill just continue to improve year in and year out." Celebrities lined the court for the appetizer before Sundays NBA All-Star game, and the first event saw the continuation of the good vibes that New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin has brought to the Big Apple recently With Knicks super fan Spike Lee looking on, Team New York had the touch from the outside and won the Shooting Stars event. Former Knicks star Allan Houston nailed his third attempt at a half-court shot to give his team consisting of current Knicks guard Landry Fields and Cappie Pondexter of the WNBAs New York Liberty the victory. San Antonio point guard Tony Parker then won the Skills Competition. Parker was the only one of six participants to break 30 seconds in the first round (29.2) and this time of 32.8 in the final run on the obstacle course was better than Bostons Rajon Rondo (34.6) and New Jerseys Deron Williams (41.4). Love was tied for third after the opening round of the Shootout and beat Miamis Mario Chalmers 5-4 in a tiebreaker. Defending champion James Jones led all shooters in the opening round with 22 and Durant was next with 20. Orlandos Ryan Anderson just missed eliminating both Love and Chalmers, totalling 17 after missing his final 2-point money ball. Love and Durant both had 16 in Round 2 to advance to the finals, with Jones posting 12. Houston, Fields and Pondexter completed the shooting course in 37.3 seconds in the final round. It was better than the 47.6 posted by the Team Texas trio of former Houston Rockets star and TNT analyst Kenny Smith, current Rocket Chandler Parsons and Sophia Young of the San Antonio Silver Stars. Team Orlando and Atlanta posted the slowest times of Round 1 and were eliminated. The speedy Parker put together an impressive display on the skills obstacle course, which involves participants moving through a dribbling circuit, successfully throwing chest passes through a hanging tire and driving for a layup. Williams, the 2008 winner, holds the record for the skills course at 25 seconds, but had trouble completing a pass in the final round on Saturday. nfl holdjersey . -- Pete Carroll says the "field" in FedEx Field is "horrible. nba holdjersey . Marouane Fellaini headed Everton in front in the 33rd minute but conceded a penalty 10 minutes later after tangling with Edin Dzeko, allowing Carlos Tevez to equalize from the spot. http://www.holdjersey.com/ . Both players were officially listed as questionable on the teams final injury report, though Shanahan was optimistic about eachs chances of suiting up. "We feel good enough where if theres no setback, [Meriweather] will be able to play," Shanahan said. "Same thing with Garcon." Garcon, one of Washingtons top offseason pickups in free agency, has been sidelined since Week 5 due to a nagging foot injury that has limited him to only three games. wholesale jerseys ." No. 8-ranked Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia says his wife has barred him from getting more -- and he listens to her because his rise through the rankings started when they married in 2010. holdjersey . Haye used a license from the Luxembourg Boxing Federation when he came out of retirement and beat fellow Briton Dereck Chisora in a non-title fight in July. However, he says he has given up that license and wants to fight the older Klitschko brother under the auspices of the British Boxing Board of Control.LONDON -- Englands Football Association says Britain is unlikely to enter a mens team for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. Britain competed in the mens tournament at this years Olympics in London for the first time since 1960, despite fears among the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish FAs that a formation of the team would jeopardize their independent status wwithin FIFA.dddddddddddd FA general secretary Alex Horne says "we fought hard to get a team representing Britain when the games was based here in London, but I dont see us repeating that for the mens team in Rio." Horne said the FA, which is in charge of running Britains Olympic teams, isnt ruling out entering a womens side for Rio. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes