Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ed 22 touchdowns and threw for 15 more, while lead...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ed 22 touchdowns and threw for 15 more, while leading the seventh-r

Started by zake201, 2014/04/03 06:40AM
Latest post: 2014/04/03 06:40AM, Views: 323, Posts: 1
ed 22 touchdowns and threw for 15 more, while leading the seventh-r
#1   2014/04/03 06:40AM
zake201
TORONTO -- Away from the pressure of competition, Colin Campbell hopes the NHL can find some clarity on its standard for calling penalties. The NHLs senior vice-president of hockey operations will oversee a rules summit with key stakeholders in the game Tuesday and Wednesday that is tasked with examining the way hooking, holding and interference calls were handed out last season. "Weve got lots of video clips to look at and were trying to determine where our standard is and if we want to tighten it up at all," Campbell said Monday. The meeting will be held in place of the research and development camp the NHL put on the last two years. There should be a healthy exchange of ideas with five general managers (Darcy Regier, Lou Lamoriello, Ray Shero, Steve Yzerman, Mike Gillis) and four head coaches (Joel Quenneville, Barry Trotz, Dave Tippett, Adam Oates) in a room with players, referees and members of the leagues hockey operations department. Campbell labelled it a "think-tank for hockey." The idea came out of the GM meetings in March, when a number of managers expressed frustration with what they believed to be a slip in standard for the way penalties were called. Campbell invited them to submit video of specific incidents, which will be looked at this week. "Personally, I dont think the hooking and holding has slipped," said Campbell. "I think we have to find out what we want with intereference on the forechecking and interference off the faceoff." The leagues former disciplinarian thinks the discussion might branch off to other rules like slashing. "Anything that stops a player from scoring," he said. This will be the first exercise of its kind since the NHL held a major crackdown on obstruction coming out of the 2004-05 lockout. However, Campbell doesnt expect it to have nearly the same impact on the sport in terms of the number of penalties called. "That was a much bigger change then," he said. "You were allowed to hook a guy hard three times before it was even thought about calling a penalty. There was lots of grabbing, lots of turnstile (moves) with defenceman sticking people in between the legs. "It was a major turn back then and it was hard to actually implement." The latest summit is intended to try and get everyone on the same page. Campbell was pleased that a handful of players accepted an invitation even though collective bargaining negotiations are ongoing and is curious to see if the attitude in the room is consistent with how the managers felt in March, when their teams were in the heat of playoff races. "I want to find out -- Im just one guy watching games," said Campbell. "Theres lots of opinions out there so Id like to see us sit down and just get that opinion from particularly the three groups that are dealing with it all the time: the referees, the players and the coaches." nba holdjersey . -- The Memphis Grizzlies turned up the defensive pressure, and turned a close game into a rout. cheap jerseys . But White Sox manager Robin Ventura said he wasnt too concerned about Stewarts struggles in his first start of the season. "Hes been used a lot (in relief) and thats partly my fault," Ventura said. http://www.holdjersey.com/ . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have signed right wing David Moss to a two-year contract. holdjersey . TSN scout Craig Button and TSN hockey contributor Pierre McGuire took turns predicting where hockeys top prospects would end up on Friday in the 2012 TSN Mock Draft. wholesale jerseys . Coach Kevin ONeill said Saturday night that Jones "has been nothing short of magnificent for us for two years" and that he wants him to graduate from USC. Jones started 57 of 66 games during his first two seasons with the Trojans, averaging 11. NEW YORK -- Johnny Manziel and Manti Teo are in position to make Heisman Trophy history. Manziel, the redshirt freshman quarterback from Texas A&M, and Teo, Notre Dames star linebacker, along with Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, were invited Monday to attend the Heisman presentation ceremony. Manziel is the favourite to win college footballs most famous player of the year award on Saturday night in Manhattan (TSN2, 8pm et/5pm pt). He would be the first freshman to win the Heisman and the first Texas A&M player since halfback John David Crow won the schools only Heisman in 1957. "Im overwhelmed by this tremendous honour of representing Texas A&M, the 12th Man and all my teammates in New York," Manziel said in a statement. "This is a dream come true for me, and I know its a credit to all my coaches and teammates. I definitely wouldnt be a Heisman finalist without my teammates and coaches." Three sophomores have won the award (Tim Tebow in 2007, Sam Bradford in 2008 and Mark Ingram in 2009), but the best a first-year player has ever done is second. Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma finished second to Southern California quarterback Matt Leinart in 2004. Peterson was a true freshman. As a redshirt freshman, Manziel attended A&M last year and practiced with the team but did not play. Michael Vick of Virginia Tech came in third in 1999 as a redshirt freshman and Herschel Walker was a true freshman for Georgia in 1980 when he finished third in the Heisman balloting. Nicknamed Johnny Football, Manziel quickly became a national sensation this season, putting up huge numbers in first-year Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlins spread offence. He led the 10th-ranked Aggies to a 10-2 record in their first season in the Southeastern Conference. With a knack for improvisation, Manziel racked up an SEC-record 4,600 yards of total offence, including 1,181 rushing to lead the conference. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Manziel zoomed to the front of the Heisman race on Nov. 10, when he passed for 253 yards andd two touchdowns and ran for 92 yards as the Aggies upset then-No.dddddddddddd 1 Alabama 29-24 in Tuscaloosa. Manziel and Texas A&M will play No. 12 Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl. Teo is trying to become the first defence-only player to win the Heisman. The Fighting Irish have seven Heisman winners, tied for the most with Ohio State and Southern California, but none since Tim Brown in 1987. Teo became the face of the No. 1 team in the country and leader of a defence that has been the toughest to score upon in the nation. The senior intercepted seven passes, second-most in the country and tops for a linebacker. He also led the Fighting Irish with 103 tackles, and earlier Monday won the Butkus Award as countrys best linebacker. Teo and the Irish face No. 2 Alabama in the BCS championship game on Jan. 7 in Miami. Klein would be the first player from Kansas State to win the Heisman. "Im just honoured with this opportunity that the Lord has provided me here at K-State," Klein said in a statement. "Im so proud to represent K-State in this because I feel like my road is very synonymous and in line with the K-State way. It has been a process, it has been a journey. There have been a lot of ups and downs, as well as a lot of hard times and growing pains through it. Im just very proud to represent the K-State family and our heart and spirit in this environment." He seemed to be the front-runner for several weeks until Manziels late push. When Klein threw three interceptions in the Wildcats late-season loss to Baylor, Manziel moved to the front of the race. Klein is a multitalented quarterback like Manziel, but with a different approach. The 6-5, 226-pound senior is a bullish runner who scored 22 touchdowns and threw for 15 more, while leading the seventh-ranked Wildcats (11-1) to the Big 12 title. Earlier in the day, Klein won the Johnny Unitas Award given to the top upperclassman quarterback in the nation. Klein will finish his Kansas State career against No. 5 Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes