Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

84-85 until 1995-9 - Off Topic Forum. - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

84-85 until 1995-9

Started by zake201, 2014/04/03 06:41AM
Latest post: 2014/04/03 06:41AM, Views: 309, Posts: 1
84-85 until 1995-9
#1   2014/04/03 06:41AM
zake201
The Winnipeg Goldeyes will open the 2012 American Association playoffs in Fargo on Wednesday night. And there is nothing better than beating the RedHawks to get there. On Friday night, after a 5-2 loss to Sioux City, Goldeyes manager Rick Forney said he needed a big game from starter Matt Rusch. Saturday night at Shaw Park, he got it. Rusch pitched seven innings, allowing only one run on four hits while striking out 13 RedHawks as the Fish beat their archrivals from Fargo-Moorhead 5-1 to clinch the American Association Wild Card spot. Josh Mazzola went two-for-four with two huge RBI in the seventh inning while Luis Alen went three-for-three with a walk, two doubles and a run scored. The Goldeyes snapped a three-game losing streak, improved to 55-43 on the campaign and won the first game of a three-game season-ending series with Fargo. "I had our best guy pitching tonight and he sure stepped up," said Goldeyes manager Rick Forney. "He did what he did in St. Paul when we were in a desperate situation. He was awesome." Rusch was clearly the big story. The Goldeyes starter picked up his 10th win of the season and lowered his earned run average to a league-leading 2.40. He also took over the league lead in strikeouts with 113. "It was a long road to get here and I said at the start of the season that this would be a long haul and we knew wed finish at home. So here we are and we have some more baseball to play this week," said Rusch with a smile. "It was one of my best nights of the season so it feels really good." The Goldeyes opened the scoring in the fourth as Mazzola singled, Alen singled and then Mike Coles singled to drive home Mazzola and send Alen to third. Kyle Day then drove home Alen with a sacrifice fly. In the seventh, after Fargos Eric Campbell had homered to cut the Goldeyes lead to 2-1, Amos Ramon led off with a single and went to second on a sacrifice bunt by Price Kendall. Then Chris Roberson walked, Yurendall de Caster walked to load the bases and Ramon scored on a sacrifice fly by Barbaro Canizares. Thats when Mazzola came up and hit a seeing-eye single through the middle to drive home Roberson and de Caster and give the Goldeyes a 5-1 advantage. "Im glad the fans stuck with us and supported us and were able to watch a good baseball game tonight," said Forney. "I know theyll get to see some more good baseball in the playoffs. "I cant tell you how proud I am of these guys. In the second game of the year, we suffered our first serious injury and these guys have been banged up all season. Theyve earned the right to play some extra baseball this year." Rusch (10-4, 2.40 ERA) got the win for Winnipeg while Fargo starter Alex Caldera (10-4, 3.50 ERA) suffered the loss. Brian Beuning got the final six outs for the Fish. He struck out the side in the eighth. The Goldeyes and RedHawks will play Game 2 of this three-game series on Sunday afternoon. Todd Privett (5-6, 3.87 ERA) will get the start for Winnipeg while Ethan Opsahl (0-0, 2.35) will toe the slab for Fargo. Game time is 1:30 p.m. The game can be heard live on TSN 1290 with Paul Edmonds calling the play-by-play. It can also be seen live on Shaw TV Channel 9 in Winnipeg and Channel 11 in The Pas, Flin Flon and Thompson. Cheap Jerseys . -- Inspiration one week, domination the next. Cheap Jerseys China . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie has learned that if Dudley takes a position with Montreal, as could happen by the end of the month, it would be conditional on him not being able to work on the NHL Draft for the Canadiens. http://www.cheapchinajerseys.us.com/[/... . Kevin Seraphin finished with 10 points for the French, who have bounced back nicely after losing to the U.S. in their opener. France will close out pool play Monday against Nigeria before heading to the quarterfinals. [url=http://www.cheapchinajerseys.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys From China . Washington Nationals manager Davey Johnson ("They obviously blew the call"), third baseman Ryan Zimmerman ("You cant just give out free runs in the big leagues") and catcher Jesus Flores ("Terrible call") were much more blunt about it. Wholesale Jerseys China . MacTavish, 53, was head coach of the Oilers for eight seasons from 2000 and 2009, including Edmontons run to the Stanley Cup final in 2006 when they lost in seven games to the Carolina Hurricanes.Francois Allaire has parted ways with the Toronto Maple Leafs, after working three seasons with the club as their goaltending consultant. "To be honest, I dont think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire told The National Post on Monday. "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, thats not the way it works. If thats the way they want to operate, then Im not there." Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons as the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant. Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping ddevelop players like Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Patrick Roy into elite NHL netminders.dddddddddddd With Allaire, Giguere backstopped Anaheim to the 2007 Stanley Cup championship and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the 2003 Playoff MVP. He also spent 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, helping the club win the Stanley Cup in 1986 and 1993, working with netminder Patrick Roy beginning in 1984-85 until 1995-96. During that period, Roy won two Conn Symthe Trophies, four William Jennings Trophies, three Vezina Trophies and was named to the leagues end of season All-Star Team five times. Roy also appeared in six NHL All-Star Games in that span. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes