Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s Timmy Hill and Austin Dillon, both making their ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s Timmy Hill and Austin Dillon, both making their series debu

Started by lili, 2014/04/07 10:12AM
Latest post: 2014/04/07 10:12AM, Views: 283, Posts: 1
s Timmy Hill and Austin Dillon, both making their series debu
#1   2014/04/07 10:12AM
lili
Canadas womens and mens rosters for the 2012 world university rugby sevens championships have been announced. The fifth FISU championships will be held from July 11 to 13 in Brive, France. The Canadian women have enjoyed tremendous success over the years at the biennial competition, winning the first two tournaments in 2004 and 2006 before finishing second in 2008 and fourth in 2010. On the mens side, the Canadians are coming off their best-ever FISU result as they placed sixth in 2010. Canada did not participate in the inaugural tourney in 2004 and finished seventh in 2006 and 10th in 2008. The womens contingent will be led in France by head coach Lesley McKenzie from the University of British Columbia, assistant coach Sean McDonaugh from Royal Military College and team leader Rick Farrally from the University of Victoria. Therapist Carmen Chan rounds out the support staff. A former CIS all-Canadian at UBC, McKenzie played for Team Canada at a pair of World Cups, including in 2010 in England. McDonaugh and Farrally were both part of the Canadian staff at the 2008 FISU championships. The womens roster for the 2012 tournament is comprised of 12 CIS standouts and one college star, including Britt Benn from the reigning CIS champion Guelph Gryphons, as well as Saint Marys Jean Baker, York teammates Sarah Campbell and Tiera Thomas-Reynolds, Lethbridges Shannon Court, Alberta teammates Alanna Fittes and Chelsea Guthrie, UBC teammates Megan Hamm and Gabrielle Hindley, Calgarys Lizzie Mackinnon, Queens Gillian Pegg, Torontos Karla Telidetzki, and Dawson Colleges Alexandra Tessier. Of the group, Court is the lone returning member from the 2010 FISU squad. Patrolling the sidelines for Canadas mens team in Brive will be head coach Darrell Devine and assistant coach Cory Hector, both from the University of Guelph. Team Manager Brian Spanton and athletic therapist Jami Boyd complete the support staff. At the helm at Guelph since 2009, Devine gained international coaching experience with Canadas entry at the Commonwealth Youth Games. The 2012 FISU roster is dominated by players from Ontario University Athletics, who took nine of the 12 available spots. The lineup is comprised of Sebastian Pearson and Rory Tomlinson, both of the reigning OUA champion Western Mustangs, as well as Waterloos Zach Bogdon, McMasters Andrew Ferguson, Queens teammates Matt Kelly and Liam Underwood, Guelph teammates Adam Maahs, Rob Paris and Sean Sinel, Victorias Adam Timler, and the UBC duo of Jonathan Hill and Liam Murphy-Burke. Tomlinson, Bogdon, Timler and Hill are veterans of the 2010 FISU team. NOTES: The Canadian women defeated Kazakhstan 27-5 in the gold-medal final of the 2004 championship and host Italy 21-0 in the final of the 2006 tournament... The Canadian women lost 17-7 to host Spain in the 2008 final... Spain repeated as womens champion in 2010, while Portugal captured the mens title. cheap jerseys from china . -- Greg Zipadelli met Danica Patrick just over a week ago, with very little time to prepare for their first test session together. nfl jerseys china . Rizzo had two hits and drove in the go-ahead run in his first game with Chicago, which rallied for a 5-3 victory over the sliding New York Mets on Tuesday night. http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesal... . The 30-year-old has not played a match for Bologna this season. But he got a tryout with Montreal during a two-game tour of Italy after the Major League Soccer season in November. [url=http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesale.com/]cheap jerseys nfl . Nadal pulled out of the London Games because of a sore left knee, missing the chance to defence his title and serve as Spains flag bearer in the opening ceremony. wholesale nfl jerseys . Matusz bruised his nose while bunting during batting practice on Tuesday. He was supposed to start Wednesday against Pittsburgh, but was moved back in the rotation to Friday.J.R. Fitzpatrick knew he was going to have his hands full keeping Andrew Ranger behind him on Saturdays final lap. Turns out, he didnt have to worry as a final lap caution allowed the Ayr, Ontario, driver of the No. 84 Equipment Express Chevrolet to sail across the finish line under a yellow-checkered to claim the NAPA AUTOPRO 100 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1. "My car was really good at the beginning. The tires were hot and we all were setting a pretty good pace, but after the first caution came I found out that it took a bit to build heat in the tires," Fitzpatrick said. "So, on that (last restart) I knew I wasnt going to have enough time to get my tires heated back up which caused me to do a little more mirror driving than Id like, but its what I had to do." Seven of Fitzpatricks eight series wins have come on road courses, including his 2009 victory at Montreal. He won the pole position in Fridays qualifying and led 22 of 23 laps Saturday. Ranger looked for opportunities throughout the race to make a move on Fitzpatrick. On Lap 14 took the chance and made it work, but unfortunately for Ranger the caution flag came out when Benoit Theetge was stopped in Turn 1 with the field bearing down on him. The lineup is set on the running order on the last completed green flag lap which returned Fitzpatrick to the race lead. A late-race caution set up a two-lap shootout to the finish for Fitzpatrick and Ranger as the two cars were aligned nose to tail. However, a multi-car wreck in Turn 14 after the leaders took the white flag, however, brought an end to the event. Looking for his fourth win in Montreal in front of the hometown crowd Ranger, out of nearby Roxton Pond, Que., was disappointed with the having thee race end under caution.dddddddddddd "Im really proud of how we did today. The car was good and my crew did a great job," said Ranger. "(Fitzpatrick) did a great job in front of me and limited my chances. I wish we could have raced for it at the end, but thats how it goes, I guess." Despite being the benefactor Fitzpatrick would have liked to see how things turned out had that final caution flag not been waved, as well. "Dont get me wrong, Ill take the win, but it would have been pretty exciting if we could have raced for it," he said. "I dont know if we would have won or even made it to the end. It would have been interesting," Per NASCAR rules, once the leader takes the white flag the field is frozen on any subsequent caution and the race is complete. Robin Buck, a road-course veteran coming off a fourth-place effort on Aug. 5 at Trois-Rivieres, Que., finished a season-best third behind the wheel of his No. 66 Quaker State Dodge. "The way the cautions fell today made it pretty difficult," said Buck. "I got held up a little at the beginning, but the equipment was strong at the end." Scott Steckly and points leader D.J. Kennington came home in the fourth and fifth positions, respectively. NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers Timmy Hill and Austin Dillon, both making their series debut to gain more experience on a road course, finished sixth and seventh, respectively. Trevor Seibert, rookie Xavier Coupal and Kerry Micks completed the top 10. Kennington continues to lead the points by 33 over Ranger. Fitzpatrick moved up a spot to third, two points behind Ranger. The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series returns to the track for the Wahta Springs 300 at Barrie (Ont.) Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 8. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes