Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

en you get tackled anen you get tackled anen you g...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

en you get tackled anen you get tackled anen you get tackled anen you get tackled an

Started by lili, 2014/04/07 10:12AM
Latest post: 2014/04/07 10:12AM, Views: 412, Posts: 1
en you get tackled anen you get tackled anen you get tackled anen you ...
#1   2014/04/07 10:12AM
lili
BEREA, Ohio -- Peyton Hillis was too sick to play Sunday, and the Browns running back doesnt feel like he needs to provide a doctors note to prove it. Hillis spoke in detail Thursday for the first time since missing last weeks game against Miami with a case of strep throat and flu-like symptoms. After staying at the team hotel on Saturday night, Hillis went to Browns Stadium intending to play but was sent home two hours before kickoff. Hillis defended the decision for him to miss the game, and said hes isnt concerned if others feel he should have played despite his illness. "The people that really care about me and want the best for me would understand," he said. "And the people that dont, then they dont. But I cant control that. And Im going to do whats best for me at that point. If its going to jeopardize my health in that situation, Im going to take my own life in my own hands and do the best I can." Hillis said he lost "10 to 12" pounds while he was ill, and that he has put some of the weight back on. He explained that after getting to the stadium he realized he hadnt recovered enough to dress for the game. "My weight wasnt there. My energy wasnt there," he said. "I knew it wasnt my time that day. Me and the doctors talked it over and they probably didnt think it was the best thing to go out there. It was very disheartening. I know Im not 100 per cent, then I know I cant give it my all. I didnt want to hurt the team." Second-year back Montario Hardesty made his first NFL start in Hillis place and ran for 67 yards to help the Browns win 17-16. Its not known if Clevelands coaches tried to convince Hillis to play, and the bruising back sidestepped that question. "I dont know if that took place or not," he said. "I think theyre more in-tune with how I was feeling and what I was feeling and if I was sick or not." Browns running back coach Gary Brown has no doubt Hillis was too ill to play. "I know that hes a stand-up person and I know that he would die for this football team," Brown said. "He was sick and couldnt go. Trust me, he was going to do everything he could to go." Hillis said he didnt see much of Clevelands game on TV. The Browns had to rally in the fourth quarter after playing poorly most of the game. "I slept through the first three-and-a-half quarters," he said, cracking a smile. "I was just in time for the last drive. I guess that was the only part we needed to watch. It was great to pull out that win." Hillis, who pounded his way to 1,177 yards last season, said he dismisses any questions about his durability. "People just make suggestions and accusations just because they can," he said. "They dont know me, they dont know my body. I go out there and play hard, but for me, I really think Im very durable." The 25-year-old returned to practice on Wednesday and expects to play Sunday when the Browns host Tennessee. "Im 100 per cent now," he said. "Im anxious and ready to get back out there." Hillis was again asked about ongoing contract negotiations between his agent and the Browns on an extension. The sides have given no indication if theyre close to a deal. The team has signed four other players to extensions in the past month. "I know other people may think differently, but its really out of my mind," Hillis said. "I dont care. If the Browns wanted to extend me, they would. That really puts the ball in my court. Ive got to go out there and produce. All I can do is what I can control. I can just go out there and play." [url=http://www.thunderteamofficialshop.com/Authentic-Gary-Payton-Jersey/]http:/... . The Braves have won 22 straight games started by Kris Medlen, who will take the mound today. Medlens only loss this season came in relief. The right- hander, in his first full season following Tommy John surgery, threw seven innings in a no-decision against the Marlins on Tuesday. [url=http://www.thunderteamofficialshop.com/Authentic-Reggie-Jackson-Jersey/]htt... . Tate is expected to be out indefinitely, according to Stampeders coach John Hufnagel. The coach told TSNs Katherine Dolan that the injury is either a separation or dislocation. He will most likely fly back to Calgary to get an MRI and see the extent of the damage. [url=http://www.thunderteamofficialshop.com/Authentic-Steven-Adams-Jersey/]http:... . -- Greg Zipadelli met Danica Patrick just over a week ago, with very little time to prepare for their first test session together. [url=http://www.thunderteamofficialshop.com/Authentic-Detlef-Schrempf-Jersey/]ht... . Following his breakout season, Headley asked for $10.3 million this year while the Padres offered $7,075,000. The gap of $3,225,000 was the largest for any major leaguer in arbitration. [url=http://www.thunderteamofficialshop.com/Authentic-Shawn-Kemp-Jersey/]http://... . Numbers Game breaks down the signing of Maicer Izturis. The Blue Jays Get: 3B/SS/2B Maicer Izturis. Izturis, 32, is a versatile switch-hitting infielder who has started at least 150 games at second base, third base and shortstop throughout his nine-year major league career.LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte expects to start Sunday against the Bears despite an ankle injury suffered last week. Forte went through a full practice Friday and was listed probable for the game at Detroit, which the Bears will need to win if they have any shot at making the playoffs. The team also announced Friday it had waived defensive end Cheta Ozougwu and promoted running back Harvey Unga to the 53-man roster from the practice squad. That gives the Bears two healthy running backs besides Forte. Kahlil Bell is the other backup. Linebacker Brian Urlacher is doubtful for the Lions game, although he went through a limited practice Friday in his first workout since before suffering a hamstring injury Dec. 2. "I was encouraged that he was finally able to get on the practice field, and its not like we had a full-padded practice today, though," coach Lovie Smith said. "But he was able to move around, which we thought he would be able to do. The normal progress we hoped he would make, he has made. Brian doesnt have to necessarily practice a full practice before we woould play him, but were not to that point.dddddddddddd" Urlacher did get some snaps with the first team during the scrimmage portion of practice, but only a handful according to linebacker Nick Roach, who has played the past three games in Urlachers place. Urlacher has no contract for next season. So unless he makes a dramatic comeback before Sunday or the Bears get into the playoffs, Urlacher could have already played his last game for the team. Forte sprained his right ankle early in the second half of Sundays 28-13 win over Arizona -- the third time hes had the same injury this year. "I know it is going to be painful, especially when you get tackled and hit on," he said. "It will be just like the Dallas game, when I got hit on the first play and I just had to get re-taped." Starting safety Chris Conte (hamstring) and backup linebacker Blake Costanzo (calf) did not practice Friday. They are listed out for the game. That means Anthony Walters will make his first NFL start in Contes place. Running back Armando Allen (knee) also missed practice and is questionable. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes