Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ays game ag - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music Fo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ays game ag

Started by zake201, 2014/04/11 04:26AM
Latest post: 2014/04/11 04:26AM, Views: 1217, Posts: 1
ays game ag
#1   2014/04/11 04:26AM
zake201
MEGEVE, France -- Kelsey Serwa says shes learned when to slow down in the fast-paced world of ski cross and her patient approach is paying off with podium finishes. Serwa won a silver medal Wednesday at the Megeve World Cup to reach the podium for the second time this season. The Kelowna, B.C., skier waited for the right time to strike, then made an impressive pass near the bottom of the course to move from fourth to second. "It was really entertaining for me because they were all really close and I was maybe 15 to 20 feet behind everyone just watching the action," she said. "I had the best seat in the house. "I was just patient with my skiing and near the bottom I saw an opportunity. They tried to ski a line too tight that you had to set up for and be patient on so I just nailed that and carried speed along the flats and passed two people." The result moved the reigning ski cross world champion into second place in the overall World Cup standings behind Fanny Smith of Switzerland. Anna Woerner of Germany took the gold while Ophelie David of France won the bronze. Ski cross is known as a fast, exciting sport where crashes are not out of the ordinary. Serwa says while a skiers instinct is to attack every run at breakneck speed, she has figured out how to slow down and pick her spots. "Its totally something that you have to learn," she said. "My first year racing ski cross I think I crashed nearly every race just because I wasnt patient. I had this mentality that I had to be first every heat even though (the top two skiers) advance. "Ive definitely gotten better over the years just because I understand that its OK to be second in heats leading up to the final, and I think I have a better eye for when to make passes." Serwas other podium appearance came last month when she won gold in Italy. In the mens competition, American John Teller won gold ahead of Finlands Jouni Pellinen and Armin Niederer of Switzerland. Alex Fiva of Switzerland retained the overall lead despite finishing sixth. Tristan Tafel of Canmore, Alta., posted the top Canadian result, finishing ninth. Fiva has 384 points in the overall standings, Niederer has 373 and Calgarys Brady Leman is third with 248. Wholesale Jerseys . "Its only fitting that the day took pretty long," a relieved Volstad said Sunday after pitching the Chicago Cubs to a 5-0 win over the Colorado Rockies. The start of the game was delayed 2 hours, 23 minutes by rain, and there was another weather interruption of 30 minutes after the eighth inning before the game was called. Wholesale Jerseys from china . Lopez broke serve just once, but hit nine of his 14 aces in the final set to advance at the clay-court event. Sixth-seeded Julien Benneteau of France was eliminated after slumping to a 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 loss to Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria. http://www.bizcheapjerseys.com/ . Houston (13-8-10) remained one point ahead of Columbus for the fifth and the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Houston extended its home unbeaten streak to 23 games, with the last home loss coming June 18, 2011, against the Crew. nfl jerseys china . -- Greg Zipadelli met Danica Patrick just over a week ago, with very little time to prepare for their first test session together. Cheap NFL Jerseys . -- Victorias Jim Rutledge captured his second straight PGA Seniors Championship of Canada title on Friday after shooting a 3-under 69 on the tournaments final day.Evander Kane is on his way to the KHL. The Winnipeg Jets forward has signed an agreement with Dinamo Minsk during the NHL lockout and will depart for Belarus on Saturday, according to agent Craig Oster of Newport Sports. Kane, a 21-year-old from Vancouver, is the first locked-out NHLer from Canada to sign an agreement with the Russian-based league. He follows a number of notable players to the KHL, including Evgeni Malkin, Alex Ovechkin, Pavel Dastyuk and Pekka Rinne, who will be a teammate in Minsk. Dinamo Minsks athletic director, Igor Matushkin, referred to Kane as a "star" in a release announcing the signing. Kane is coming off his best NHL season with 30 goals and 57 points in 74 games for the Jets. He signed a US$31.5-million, six-year extension just before the lockout came into effect on Sept. 15 -- makingg him Winnipegs highest-paid player.dddddddddddd "Im grateful that the Winnipeg Jets took that leap of faith and make that kind of commitment," he said afterwards. Kane jumped into the NHL as a teenager after being drafted fourth overall by the Atlanta Thrashers in 2009. In 213 career games, hes racked up 63 goals and 126 points. Kane has also represented Canada at the last three IIHF World Hockey Championships, where his speed proved to be an asset on the larger international ice surface. Dinamo Minsk hopes hell be ready to jump into their lineup for Tuesdays game against Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. The majority of locked-out Canadian NHLers have signed with Swiss teams so far. Earlier Friday, New York Islanders star John Tavares inked a deal with Bern while Brooks Laich of the Washington Capitals joined Kloten. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes