Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

part of his record $275 million, 10-year contract....

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

part of his record $275 million, 10-year contract.

Started by zake201, 2014/04/14 07:08AM
Latest post: 2014/04/14 07:08AM, Views: 368, Posts: 1
part of his record $275 million, 10-year contract.
#1   2014/04/14 07:08AM
zake201
KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- C.J. Sapong scored in the third minute of second-half stoppage time, salvaging a 1-1 draw for Sporting Kansas City against the Houston Dynamo on Friday night. Sporting (15-7-6) extended its unbeaten streak to six games, while Houston (12-7-10) has just one win in its past six matches. The Dynamo went up 1-0 when Brad Davis scored in the 58th minute on an assist from Boniek Garcia, and appeared headed for the win until Sapong headed home Graham Zusis cross. It was the 13th assist of the season for Zusi, tying him for the league lead with Seattles Mauro Rosales. Sapong scored on his career-high ninth shot of the night. Two of his attempts were saved by Houstons Tally Hall in a scoreless first half, but Sapongs goal denied Hall what would have been his MLS-best 12th shutout. Houston was without coach Dominic Kinnear and midfielder Calen Carr, who both were ejected from last weeks 1-0 win over Real Salt Lake. Carr had two goals when the Dynamo beat Sporting 2-1 in Houston on July 18. wholesale nfl jerseys . Two of those players appear easy to peg: Dion Waiters and Damian Lillard. The Raptors have been tied to Waiters throughout this draft process and it is believed that he has been their number one target all spring. cheap jerseys .com . The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expired on Saturday night and the NHL owners subsequently locked out the players. A number of players, including Evgeni Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin, Rick Nash, Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Kovalchuk have already signed contracts to play overseas until an agreement is reached. http://www.comcheapjerseys.com/ . The Heat played without NBA MVP LeBron James, who was out with "general soreness," according to coach Erik Spoelstra. Josh Harrelsons 3-pointer with 1:01 remaining put the Heat ahead for good at 102-99. cheap jerseys nfl . With Chelsea facing a second consecutive scoreless stalemate, Cole lifted the ball over Asmir Begovic in the 85th minute to secure a 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea has a three-point lead at the top of the league over Everton, which won 3-0 at Swansea, and West Bromwich Albion, which beat Reading 1-0. cheap jerseys from china . The former catcher had his first interview for a big-league job this week when he met with Miami Marlins officials in New York City. NEW YORK -- After spending 8 1/2 years in Boston and delivering a pair of World Series titles to the Fenway Park faithful, Kevin Youkilis was surprised when the New York Yankees expressed interest in fitting him for pinstripes. "At first, it was kind of like, Wow!" he said Friday after finalizing a $12 million, one-year contract with New York. "Theres a lot of great Red Sox fans that just wanted the best for me going forward and I know theres going to be some that dont like the decision, and you cant worry about that." A three-time All-Star, Youkilis becomes the Yankees starting third baseman for at least the first half of next season while Alex Rodriguez recovers from hip surgery. A-Rods operation is scheduled for next month. "Obviously, he certainly cushions the blow of losing Alex," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Thats a difficult loss. When you have a healthy Alex Rodriguez, you have really one of the games more productive players. But I couldnt think of anybody better to replace him in the short-term with as Kevin Youkilis." While announcing the deal for Youkilis, the Yankees closed in on a $13 million, two-year contract with outfielder Ichiro Suzuki, according to a person familiar with the negotiations. The sides still had to finalize language and the deal will be subject to a physical, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the agreement was not complete. Suzuki will get $6.5 million a year. Youkilis, traded from the Red Sox to the Chicago White Sox in June, joined Babe Ruth, Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon as Boston players who made the switch to the Bronx in the heated rivalry. Hell get an early look at his old club: The Red Sox are set to open at Yankee Stadium on April 1. "I reached out to Johnny. He just said youre going to love the experience. Its a great place to play," Youkilis said. But Damon also has felt the wrath of Red Sox fans. "Hes had a hard time in Boston. I saw him the othher day.dddddddddddd Its kind of upsetting to him, the fact that theyve been pretty rough on him," Youkilis said. He also plans to speak with Yankees reliever Joba Chamberlain. The pair feuded in the past over tight fastballs. "Its not a big deal to me," Youkilis said. "If it was that big of a deal, I wouldnt be signing with the Yankees." Chamberlain left Youkilis a voicemail this week, but they havent spoken. "I havent been able to return so many calls," Youkilis said. "But Ill reach out to him and talk to him." If and when Rodriguez returns, Youkilis figures to see time at first base backing up Mark Teixeira. He also could get some games at designated hitter. "And they told me Im going to play shortstop, too," Youkilis said before quickly adding he had no intention of taking time away from Yankees captain Derek Jeter: "Im just kidding. Theyre definitely not going to put me at short. If they put me at short, were going to be in a lot of trouble." Rodriguez, who turns 38 in July, will have surgery in mid-January, and the Yankees said the anticipated recovery time is six months. "Im not going to guarantee anything about when hes coming back or how hell come back. So well just have to wait and see," Cashman said. "We hope we can bring him back into the fold and have the high-calibre player that we hoped to have prior to these injuries. But our season and our team is going on regardless, and therefore thats why this was such an important acquisition." Rodriguez is owed $114 million by the Yankees as part of his record $275 million, 10-year contract. "Im not in a position here to guarantee anything or frame what the realistic expectations are as we move forward over the next five years with what were going to get from him," Cashman said. "I just think we have to play it out and see." To make room for Youkilis on the 40-man roster, the Yankees designated left-hander Josh Spence for assignment. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes