Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

(Dynamo Kyiv), Oleh Gusev (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Ko...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

(Dynamo Kyiv), Oleh Gusev (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Konoplyanka (

Started by lili, 2014/04/15 06:50AM
Latest post: 2014/04/15 06:50AM, Views: 279, Posts: 1
(Dynamo Kyiv), Oleh Gusev (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Konoplyanka (
#1   2014/04/15 06:50AM
lili
INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck has been watching Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher most of his football life. On Sunday, after spending a full week studying the Chicago Bears defence, the rookie quarterback will finally get a chance to see the two Pro Bowlers in action. Hes just hoping not to get too close to them. "I think at first when you turn the film on, youre like, Oh my gosh, that is Julius Peppers standing up there. But you have to get that out of your system and you cant go out there and stare in awe of those guys," Luck said. "Obviously, you watch them growing up, but youre not trying to get autographs from them, youre trying to win a game." Luck knows he cannot afford to be star struck when he makes his NFL debut Sunday. Every play call and every throw will be dissected by national analysts. Every Colts fan will make the inevitable comparisons between Luck and his predecessor, Peyton Manning. Every scout will be trying to gauge whether they got it right when they tabbed Luck as the most NFL-ready quarterback since Manning entered the league in 1998 or John Elway in 1983. Theyre not alone. Inside the Colts complex, staff members and teammates are also curious to see how the No. 1 draft pick performs. First-time head coach Chuck Pagano wants to see what Luck does when defences really crank up the pressure. Center Samson Satele has been quizzing the Stanford grad about pass protections, and defensive players are eager to find out if theyve taught Luck enough over the past 6 1/2 weeks. "There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is everything that was wrote about him, talked about him, and said about him in the past months," defensive end Cory Redding said. "I see him make unbelievable throws in practice, unbelievable line checks, getting the command of that huddle, taking a leadership role every single day with the guys. This kid is going to do great things, trust me, mark my words. This kid is going to do great things for us. Im just excited to see him play." While the whole league seems to concur with Reddings opinion of Luck, the quarterback understands he still has plenty to prove on the field. Yes, he finished the preseason 41 of 66 with 522 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions, but those numbers dont mean a thing. The real games begin now. "Weve been waiting for this ever since the final whistle of the 2011 season. Its here," linebacker Robert Mathis said. "We have a lot to prove, a couple of chips on our shoulder so we just got to knock them off this week." Unlike the other Colts, Luck has to contend with the hype that has followed him for years. The Texas high school star was billed as one of the nations top recruits when he chose Stanford and was considered the best college quarterback for so long that last years chase for the No. 1 draft pick was dubbed the "Suck For Luck" sweepstakes. Now, all Luck has to do is replace the iconic face of the franchise and get Indy back into the playoffs after missing the post-season for the first time in a decade last year. Its enough to make anyone, even a humble guy like Luck, a bit restless. "I hope I get some good sleep. You cant guarantee it," Luck said. "Im sure Ill be a little anxious, a little nervous." Luck does have some experience with this sort of thing. When he took over as the Stanford starter in 2009, Luck couldnt sleep the night before the season opener at Washington State. He wound up going 11 of 23 with 193 yards and one touchdown, a rating of 132.7, and he won 39-13. Against Peppers, Urlacher and the rest of Chicagos all-star defensive cast, Luck knows things may not go as well. Indy has gone to extreme lengths to ensure hes ready for the onslaught. Paganos new 3-4 hybrid defence spent training camp trying to confuse Luck with all kinds of different looks. He played extensively against the Rams, Steelers and Redskins in the preseason, and learned perhaps the most important lesson of all -- how to respond to typical rookie mistakes. "I hope I dont have to (take those lumps), but yeah, I think its part of growing up," he said. "Part of being a rookie is, I guess, coming up to situations that you havent seen before." But Luck is leaving nothing to chance. His locker is filled with pads, jerseys, shoes and little else. And aside from Tuesdays visit to an Indianapolis grade school as part of the NFLs Play 60 program, Luck has been all business this week as he prepares to face the guys hes been watching on television all these years. The difference now is that Luck promises to be as ready as any rookie can be heading into his first game. "Im sure there will be some similarities to my freshman year, but I do think it will be different," Luck said. "I think Im a little more mature. I think I know this offence a little better than I did when I was a freshman at Stanford." nfl holdjersey . The 25th-ranked Dolgopolovs previous three finals appearances, including one victory, came in 250-level events. Dolgopolov relied in his high-risk, high-reward approach. "Its a part of me, my personality," said Dolgopolov, who added that he enjoys racing cars. holdjersey . (AP) -- Jose Correa scored two goals, including the winner in the final moments, and Chivas USA advanced to the semifinals of the US Open Cup for second time in franchise history with a 2-1 victory over USLPRO club Charlotte Eagles. http://www.holdjersey.com/ . JOSEPH, Mo. wholesale jerseys . A two-time MVP, Nash has spent the most dominant years of his career in the Phoneix Suns back-court. In 1,152 career NBA games with the Suns and Dallas Mavericks Nash has averaged 14. cheap jerseys . The National Hockey League Players Association announced Thursday that John Tavares and Taylor Hall have been named the coaches of the two teams that will meet in Mississauga, Ontario on Saturday, July 21.Kyiv, Ukraine (Sports Network) - Ukraine coach Oleh Blokhin dropped Oleksandr Bandura, Vitaly Mandziuk and Taras Stepanenko from his provisional Euro roster Tuesday to finalize his 23-man squad for next months tournament. Goalkeeper Bandura, defender Mandziuk and midfielder Stepanenko were the final players trimmed ahead of the finals, which start June 8 and are co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine. Blokhin made the decisions after a 4-0 friendly win over Estonia on Monday and will now turn his attention toward friendlies against Austria and Turkey ahead of Ukraines Group D opener against Sweden on June 11. Ukraine will also played England and France in Group D. Following is the complete Ukraine roster: Goalkeepers: Oleksandr Goryainov (Metalist Kharkiv), Maxym Koval (Dynamo Kyiv)), Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar Donetsk).dddddddddddd Defenders: Bohdan Butko (Illychivets Mariupil), Olexandr Kucher (Shakhtar Donetsk), Taras Mikhalik (Dynamo Kyiv), Yaroslav Rakitskiy (Shakhtar Donetsk), Yevhen Selin (Vorskla Poltava), Yevhen Khacheridi (Dynamo Kyiv), Vyacheslav Shevchuk (Shakhtar Donetsk). Midfielders: Olexandr Aliyev (Dynamo Kyiv), Denys Garmash (Dynamo Kyiv), Oleh Gusev (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Serhiy Nazarenko (Tavriya Simferopol), Ruslan Rotan (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Anatoliy Tymoshchuk (Bayern Munich), Andriy Yarmolenko (Dynamo Kyiv). Forwards: Andriy Voronin (Dinamo Moscow), Marko Devic (Shakhtar Donetsk), Artem Milevskiy (Dynamo Kyiv), Yevhen Seleznyov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Andriy Shevchenko (Dynamo Kyiv). ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes