Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

est. Hes always doing that. I think he continues t...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

est. Hes always doing that. I think he continues to work his way ba

Started by zake201, 2014/04/15 10:09AM
Latest post: 2014/04/15 10:09AM, Views: 301, Posts: 1
est. Hes always doing that. I think he continues to work his way ba
#1   2014/04/15 10:09AM
zake201
MOSCOW -- Two clean quads, an air of understated power and flowing moves brought Canadas Patrick Chan the gold medal on Saturday at the Rostelecom Cup stage of figure skatings Grand Prix series. A couple of hours later, Olympic and world champions Tessa Virtue of London, Ont., and Scott Moir of Ilderton, Ont., were the ice dance victors. Kiira Korpi of Finland won the womens gold, while first place in pairs went to Russias Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov. Chan laughingly said his superb show in Moscow was thanks in part to his chagrin at placing second before a home-country crowd at Skate Canada. "It kind of sparked something in me ... it sucks to lose," he said. The Toronto skaters disappointment spurred him to practice intensively and "I didnt leave any chance for mistakes." Chan was the only one of the men to land two quads, both of them strong enough to look almost relaxed. Japans Takahiko Kozuka, who won bronze, under-rotated his first quad and fell on his planned second. The Czech Republics Michal Brezina started the free program in sixth place and ended with silver, benefitting from the mistakes that plagued Russias Konstantin Menshov who was in second after the short program. In ice dancing, Virtue and Moir also dominated with a season-best 173.99 points. It is the third time in four seasons that the Canadians have won the maximum two Grand Prix in a season. "It was great, a really solid performance for us," said Virtue. "From beginning until the end there was a little bit more intensity in every movement. Our goal this year was not to repeat any element weve done in the past; every lift, footwork and spin is new. Thats risky in ice dancing and at this point in the year we have to stay focused on the big goal and continue building to the worlds." Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov of Russia were second at 158.46 followed by teammates Victoria Sinitsina and Ruslan Zhiganshin at 145.08. Nicole Orford of Burnaby, B.C., and Thomas Williams of Vancouver were eighth. With the wins both Chan and Virtue and Moir are assured a berth at the Grand Prix final next month in Sochi, Russia, the host city of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games. `Gong to Sochi was a big goal of mine for this season," said Chan. `Its really important to go the Olympic venue for a competition before the Games to get feel of the environment and the city. The top--six skaters that will qualify for the Grand Prix final will have an advantage at the Olympics." Skating to the dramatic music from "Once Upon a Time in America," Korpi opened with four strong triples -- two toeloops, a lutz and a flip -- then doubled her fifth attempt, a loop. After recovering for a triple-double-double cascade, she fell on what was to be another triple loop. Korpi said she was feeling the effects of having competed far away just a week ago at the Cup of China, where she won bronze. "There were a few mistakes in my easiest jump, the loop," Korpi said. "This was the hardest two weeks." Korpi said her back-to-back medals vindicated the soul-searching she went through after being troubled by injuries last season. "Im already pretty old for a skater," the 24-year-old Korpi said. Her free skate pushed her past American Gracie Gold, who had been incrementally ahead after the short program. Gold opened strongly Saturday with a speedy triple lutz-triple toe, but she scratched two of three three jumps in the cascade that was to directly follow and doubled two subsequent triples. But at age 17 and medaling in only her second Grand Prix, she was able to take it all in stride. "It had a lot of flaws, but thats just more room to improve in," Gold said. "I was happy with it but I know I can do so much more." American Agnes Zawadzki, who was seventh in Moscow a year ago, also notched her first Grand Prix medal with the bronze. Volosozhar and Trankov started their program with a high triple twist lift, but ran into trouble quickly, each of them stepping out of one part of a triple salchow-double toeloop. She then fell on a throw triple loop and Trankov soon followed her to the ice on the subsequent triple toeloop. Trankov said the pair had been concentrating on fixing problems in their lift and "this is maybe the reason we made mistakes." Fellow Russians Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov won silver and Americans Caydee Denney and John Coughlin took bronze. - with files from The Canadian Press. cheap nfl jerseys china . For the time being, anyway. This is hardly the kind of firm hold on the division they owned last October. Alex Smith threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Delanie Walker late in the third quarter and San Francisco held off the Seattle Seahawks 13-6 on Thursday night as the 49ers won their long-awaited division opener. wholesale jerseys . Sinisa Ubiparipovic and Andrew Wenger each scored as the expansion Impact registered their first MLS victory with a 2-1 win against Toronto FC on Saturday afternoon at Olympic Stadium. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnf... . So did manager Terry Collins. The Mets were roughing up on one of their fiercest rivals and a boisterous crowd at Citi Field was enjoying every minute. [url=http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/]cheap jerseys . On Saturday evening at Shaw Park, Chris Salamida and Brian Beuning combined to give the Goldeyes a 3-1 victory over the Wingnuts in the final game of a three-game set. nfl jerseys china . The Daily News reported Thursday that there were rumours in Major League Baseball and New York banking circles that the Steinbrenner family "is exploring the possibility of selling the Yankees.OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie restructured his contract Tuesday to remain with the team. At one point during negotiations, McKinnie walked away from the table and posted on Twitter that his time with the Ravens was over. His tweet shortly before noon read: "Decision is made! Im gone!" But the sides reconvened later, and the 6-foot-8, 360-pound left tackle begrudgingly reworked his contract rather than start to look for another job. He was supposed to receive a $3.2 million base salary in 2012, his second year with the Ravens. "Hes been a part of us. He never left us," coach John Harbaugh said late Tuesday afternoon. "Im excited about Bryant, always have been, just like I told him. I have a lot of respect for him as a football player. I love his style of play. Were going to be a strong offensive line and hes a big part of it." Asked if the salary adjustment could be a distractiion, Harbaugh said, "Really no concern about that.dddddddddddd I dont think it will be an issue at all. Guys are pros and guys understand the business aspect of all this stuff. Hes a great guy, hes a hard worker and hes a pro. Hes a Raven and Im really happy about that. He seems happy about it, too." McKinnie signed with Baltimore during the off-season last year and started all 16 games. After reporting late to camp this summer because of a back injury, he played with the second-team offence for a few weeks before regaining the starting job on the left side of the line. "Bryants a hardworking guy. Thats our expectation," Harbaugh said. "Our expectation is that guys come out, practice hard and practice fast and give us their best. Hes always doing that. I think he continues to work his way back toward that Pro Bowl form. Both he and I agree thats our goal for him. We talked about that as far as last winter." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes