Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nial first puck. ... Boston D Bo - Off Topic Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nial first puck. ... Boston D Bo

Started by zake201, 2014/04/16 08:31AM
Latest post: 2014/04/16 08:31AM, Views: 355, Posts: 1
nial first puck. ... Boston D Bo
#1   2014/04/16 08:31AM
zake201
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Lawrence Frank made it clear before the game that his Detroit Pistons couldnt afford to lean on any built-in excuses after returning from overseas. Jet lag, a break in routine and a tough Boston opponent? Franks team overcame all of it. "We bent, and we didnt break," the Detroit coach said. Rookie Andre Drummond had 16 points and seven rebounds, and the Pistons routed the Celtics 103-88 on Sunday night after returning from Europe. Detroit lost to the New York Knicks in London on Thursday, but didnt look particularly weary in its first game back. The Pistons blew an 18-point second-quarter lead before pulling away again in the second half. Boston never led. "We are playing awful and I am clearly not doing my job for this team and I am serious," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "I am not trying to take a bullet for the team and I told them that. I said we have to find something where all 12 guys play the same way." Boston has lost three straight to drop to 20-20 on the season. Drummond went 5 of 6 from the field, repeatedly slipping free for dunks. He also made 6 of 8 free throws after entering the game shooting 39 per cent from the line. That foiled Bostons short-lived strategy of fouling to put him on the line. "I was really proud of Andre, the way he responded when they resort to hack-a-Drummond," Frank said. "You know youre in the league when they do that." Kevin Garnett scored 16 points for Boston, and Rajon Rondo had eight points, 15 assists, nine rebounds and nine turnovers. The Celtics wiped out an 18-point second-quarter deficit before the first half even ended, but Detroit led 52-48 after scoring the last four points before the break. It was a one-point game in the third before Brandon Knight and Tayshaun Prince made 3-pointers for the Pistons to make it 61-54. Detroit led 70-58 before an 8-0 run by Boston. Drummond snapped that with a one-handed dunk on an alley-oop from fellow big man Greg Monroe. It was 81-71 after three. Drummonds dunk on an alley-oop from Will Bynum made it 89-73. "I just always move myself into the right areas," Drummond said. "Try to get behind the defence. For the most part, we all click as a team." Monroe, Knight and Bynum scored 15 points apiece for Detroit. Courtney Lee had 16 for Boston, and Jeff Green added 15. Celtics guard Avery Bradley was back after missing a game with a rib injury, but he scored only six points. "I had double pads on just in case I got hit while I was in the game," Bradley said. "I just have to fight through it." The Pistons arrived back from overseas around midday Friday. "If were going to search for excuses, theyll always be there," Frank said before Sundays game. But Detroit looked fine from the start. The Pistons scored the games first seven points and then went on a 9-0 run at the beginning of the second quarter to take a 36-18 lead. "Just getting back in the gym after getting back from London and getting that jet lag out of there and get some shots up -- we got some great workouts in," Knight said. Boston responded after falling behind by 18, scoring the games next 10 points, including a steal and dunk by Paul Pierce and two 3-pointers by Lee. Twice, the Pistons turned the ball over near their own free throw line after defensive rebounds, leading to easy baskets for the Celtics. Boston finally tied it at 48. NOTES: The Celtics have lost four straight to Detroit. ... The Pistons had 21 turnovers and Boston had 18. ... Monroe, Knight, Bynum and Kyle Singler had five assists apiece for Detroit. Cheap Jerseys From China . On Wednesday, Saskatchewan head coach Corey Chamblin guaranteed Cornish wouldnt surpass 100 yards rushing when the Riders host the Calgary Stampeders on Sunday. NFL Jerseys China . The 49ers -- sporting fresh red NFC West champion caps after beating the Arizona Cardinals 27-13 on Sunday -- crammed into the cozy confines of their locker room and became Minnesotas fiercest cross-country cheering section. http://www.nfljerseysch... . Rubio averaged 10.6 points, 8.2 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game last season. He finished as runner-up in the NBAs Rookie of the Year voting and finished sixth in the league, and first among rookies, in assists last season. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]nfljerseyschinawholesal... . Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but Gelabale was expected to join the injury-filled Wolves on Friday after Lazar Haywards 10-day contract expires. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]Wholesale Jerseys . The Spanish press has been sending near-daily messages to Madrid President Florentino Perez along the lines of: "Renew Cristiano Ronaldos contract now." Ronaldos importance to Madrid was glaringly obvious on Saturday when, with him serving a one-game suspension, Jose Mourinhos team was held to a humiliating 0-0 draw by bottom club Osasuna.BOSTON -- Patrice Bergeron showed why hes more than just an offensive forward. Bergeron helped kill off a penalty in overtime before he scoring in the shootout, leading the Boston Bruins to a 2-1 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday afternoon. Tyler Seguin scored the other shootout goal and Brad Marchand had the regulation goal for the Bruins (2-0-0). Boston was short-handed for two minutes 17 seconds of overtime after playing the final 71 seconds of regulation down a man. Bergeron felt like the solid penalty killing was a simply a matter of keeping things easy. "Weve stuck to our system," he said. "I guess weve kept it simple." Tuukka Rask made 26 saves in regulation and overtime and held the Jets to only Blake Wheelers goal in the shootout. Bryan Little, the last shooter, hit the right post to end the game. Ondrej Pavelec made 26 saves in regulation for the Jets, but gave up goals to Bostons first two shooters in the extra session. Chris Thorburn scored for the Jets (0-1-1). In the shootout, Seguin moved in, shifted a few times before beating Pavelec with a forehand shot to the glove side. Bergeron, the second shooter, slipped the puck between Pavelecs pads. The Jets played the final 1:11 of regulation and opening 49 seconds of OT on a power play when Johnny Boychuk high-sticked Little. Olli Jokinens tip-in attempt slid just wide of an open side of the net in the closing seconds. Winnipeg also had a power play for the final 1:28 of overtime when Zdeno Chara was called for holding Wheeler, but it failed to get a decent shot on net despite being set up in Bostons end for a good portion of time. "I think we were playing aggressive right off the bat," Bergeron said. "We didnt give them time to set up the plays they wanted because we were so aggressive." Boston coach Claude Julien felt his teams penalty killing unit led to the win. "Thats what made the difference," he said. "I thought our PK was good. (Bergeron) and (Chris Kelly) were breaking up plays when they got over the blue line." Winnipeg was 0-for-4 on the power play. "Its disappointing when you get those opportunities in the end there," Jets forward Evander Kane said. "Myself, I cant be making those bad passes and not generating anything. Thats something that were going to have to get better at.dddddddddddd" The Bruins had a power play late in regulation when Kane was whistled for goaltender interference. Rich Peverley clanged a slap shot from the left point off the right post seconds after the ensuing faceoff. Nathan Horton had a chance in close, but Pavelec dropped to make a chest save. Early in the third, Winnipegs Paul Postma hit the post to Rasks right. Seconds later, the netminder, moving across the crease, made a glove save on Thorburn. In a game that lacked the emotion and fan enthusiasm of Bostons opening 3-1 win over the New York Rangers on Saturday, both teams seemed lacklustre for long stretches in the first and second periods. Coming of a 4-1 loss at home against Ottawa in their season opener, the Jets scored their first even strength goal of the season when Thorburn scored off the rebound of Postmas shot from the point 1:58 into the game. The assist was Postmas first NHL point. Boston tied it 1-1 when Seguin stole a clearing pass near Winnipegs blue-line, broke in on the right wing and fed a streaking Marchand, who redirected the puck past Pavelec from the low slot with just under six minutes left in the opening period. The Bruins had a few excellent scoring chances late in the second. Defenceman Aaron Johnson hit the post with just over four minutes to play. The Bruins best opportunity came when Seguin collected the rebound of Bergerons shot in the front of the net, shifted to his right and missed an open net with a little over two minutes to play. The Jets, who had a pair of power play chances in the second, nearly regained the lead early in the second, but Jokinen hit the side of an open net while skating on a man advantage. Rask made a glove save of Kyle Wellwood on a clean breakaway midway into the opening period. NOTES: Bruins D Dennis Seidenberg missed the game with an undisclosed lower body injury. Julien said after the game that he could be back on the ice tomorrow. ... It was the first of three games between the teams this season, but the only one at TD Garden. ... The teams split their four meetings last season. ... Olympic Gold Medalist Aly Raisman dropped the ceremonial first puck. ... Boston D Boychuk played his 200th career game. ... Winnipeg is in Washington, D.C against the Capitals Tuesday. ... Boston is off until Wednesday nights rematch against the New York Rangers. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes