Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hen he wo - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music Foru...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hen he wo

Started by zake201, 2014/04/18 09:19AM
Latest post: 2014/04/18 09:19AM, Views: 356, Posts: 1
hen he wo
#1   2014/04/18 09:19AM
zake201
BEREA, Ohio -- Peyton Hillis walked out of the Browns locker room Friday carrying a playbook under his right arm. On Sunday, he hopes hes carrying a football. At long last. Clevelands besieged running back, who has missed the past six games with a severely strained left hamstring, could return to the field this week when the Browns (4-6) visit the Cincinnati Bengals (6-4). Its a surprising development considering Browns coach Pat Shurmur ruled him out when the week began and Hillis did not practice Wednesday or Thursday. But Hillis has made major progress in the past few days, and is on the brink of a long-awaited, and perhaps dramatic, return. "I miss playing football," he said. "Its what I was brought up my whole life to do. Im excited to get out there playing a game. Im excited about winning games. Im excited to see how I can play during this time. Im excited I feel 100 per cent again." Hillis, whose fall from stardom has been as abrupt as his rise, is ready to resume his stormy season. "Ive just got to find a way to overcome all of this and be the player I used to be," he said. Hillis practiced Friday for the first time since Nov. 4, when he re-injured his hamstring two days before a game in Houston. During the portion of practice open to the media, Hillis appeared to be fully healed. He carried the ball a few times, and near the end of the workout, Hillis caught a short pass and turned up field with a burst of speed. Shurmur said it would be a game-time decision whether Hillis plays. "Because he hasnt played ball in a long time, I think its still important that Im cautious with his return," Shurmur said. In addition to possibly having Hillis back, the Browns will have running back Montario Hardesty, who has missed the past three games with a calf injury. With Hillis and Hardesty sidelined, Chris Ogbonnaya rushed for 115 yards last week in a win over Jacksonville. Shurmur wouldnt be pinned down on who would start. "If Hillis is available, he will be available because hes ready to play," he said. "Now, whether hell start or not Ill have to decide that on Sunday. We have running backs coming back from injury so none of them can handle a full load and I think thats an important thing to remember." It figures Hillis return would be a spectacle. His second season in Cleveland has been nothing short of a sideshow since it began. Hillis squabbled publicly with the Browns over a possible contract extension before both sides decided to table discussions. He missed Clevelands game on Sept. 23 with strep throat, a decision he said he made on the advice of his agent. Hillis got hurt on Oct. 16 at Oakland, and two weeks later missed a Halloween party for needy kids, an absence he blamed on a miscommunication. There was his meeting with some of the Browns team leaders, who confronted him about being a distraction and missing treatments for his injury when he went to Arkansas last month to get married during a work week. Hillis then re-injured his hamstring in practice, two days before he had hoped to come back. Its been a mess, one Hillis hopes to clean up. "Things happen," he said, dismissing the suggestion his season has been a "nightmare." "I guess when more people are looking at you everything seems more severe. Ive got to be responsible and understand that as well, that no matter what you go through, youve always got to keep a good mindset and try to go through it as best you can. "As far as this year, goes, I just look at like bumps in the road you have to overcome. Thats in life with everybody." For the past six Sundays, Hillis has been reduced to the role of cheerleader. Its been agonizing to stand on the sideline in sweats and watch. Its pained him not to be able to help his team. "Its awful," he said. Hillis believes his recovery was hastened by a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection into his injured hamstring. Its a treatment that involves extracting blood from patients and re-injecting just the plasma. The procedure is not prohibited by league policies, said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello. "Its supposed to make you heal a lot faster than what it was and thats obviously what it did," he said. "Its been 2 1/2 weeks since the shot and Im steadily improving day by day." With his smash-and-dash running style, Hillis ran for nearly 1,200 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, his first with the Browns, who acquired him in a trade from Denver. He became an instant favourite with Cleveland fans, who helped vote him onto the cover of the Madden 12 video game, giving him national exposure. But theres been nothing but problems this season, leading some to speculate that fame has gone to Hillis head and changed him. Hillis doesnt think so. "Im still same guy," he said. "You get a few bumps in the road and you have to rebound from that and do your best on and off the field. Hopefully you can go out when you can and play ball and I dont care who you are, when you go out and you do well, its going to make you feel better as a person and on this team." xingfantrade .C. - Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith is donating $100,000 to help the survivors of the movie-theatre shooting in Colorado pay for medical expenses. Cheap NHL Jerseys . And now the Western Conference finals are suddenly up for grabs. What once seemed like the continuation of one of the most dominant runs in NBA history has turned into a genuine toss-up of a series after the Thunder stopped San Antonios perfect stretch with two convincing victories in half a week. http://www.xingfantrade.com/ . It is the first time Canada has won a medal in the boccia BC4 competition. Marco Dispaltro of St-Jerome, Que. Cheap Jerseys .E.I. Rocket defeated the Chicoutimi Sagueneens 6-3 in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. All six P. Cheap NFL Jerseys . -- The New England Patriots have placed the franchise tag on Wes Welker, the receiver who caught more passes than anyone else in the NFL last season but couldnt come down with one that might have clinched a Super Bowl victory.CHICAGO - A person familiar with the situation says the Chicago Cubs are closing in on a minor league deal with left-hander Dontrelle Willis. The person, who spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because the agreement has not been finalized, says the deal does not include an invitation to major league camp for spring training. Willis, who turns 331 on Jan.dddddddddddd 12, did not appear in a major league game last season. He went 1-5 with a 5.00 ERA in 13 games with Cincinnati in 2011. Willis was the NL Rookie of the Year when he won 14 games for the Marlins in 2003. He went 22-10 with a 2.63 ERA in 2005, but hasnt come close to replicating those numbers since that big season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes