Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ed to be playo - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ed to be playo

Started by zake201, 2014/04/19 07:57AM
Latest post: 2014/04/19 07:57AM, Views: 356, Posts: 1
ed to be playo
#1   2014/04/19 07:57AM
zake201
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings have a better idea about how to finish preparing Adrian Peterson and his surgically repaired left knee for the season. The plan, simply, is more practice. Coach Leslie Frazier said Tuesday his change of mind about handing the ball to his recovering star running back in a preseason game. Frazier originally said he wanted Peterson to experience the full contact of such a setting before the real season begins, but he has backed off. Peterson actually agreed this time. "My goals are still the game," Peterson said. "I look forward to being back the first week" of the regular season. That Peterson, a fierce, relentless competitor who has lobbied for more playing time seemingly since the day he was drafted, was satisfied with the decision was as sure a sign as any the Vikings (29th in the AP Pro32 rankings) are making a wise move. "There are no setbacks. Thats not the reason were doing it," Frazier said. "We just feel like more time with him in practice with some of the things that were doing and the progression of getting him ready for the season, its the right thing to do." The opener is Sept. 9 against Jacksonville, and Frazier again declined to guarantee that Peterson will be cleared to play that afternoon. But there is little benefit to the team to assure that at this point, unless the goal was to assuage the anxieties of fantasy football league owners. Frazier instead sounded intent on tempering expectations and reiterating the importance of caution, even if the 27-year-olds participation against the Jaguars has carried almost an air of inevitability throughout his rehabilitation work this summer. "Everything has gone better than can be expected up to this point. But this is a decision we made. We talked with him about it. And for the first time in our conversations, he kind of seemed like he understood," Frazier said. "He even used the word patience. And I was like, Wow. Finally. Its clicking. Hes on board." Frazier also said Petersons father, Nelson, has encouraged him to listen to the coaches and trainers as the end of the recovery comes closer. And Peterson himself has been perhaps his best adviser. "Ive been preaching to myself. Ive been repeating it and trying to brainwash myself, teaching patience, patience, patience," Peterson said. "Because the last couple weeks I really havent been hearing the things I wanted to hear, so I have to be patient. Patient. But Im understanding it, man, and were on the same page." Peterson had surgery Dec. 30 to fix tears in his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament. "Hes been so far ahead in his rehab all along," Frazier said. "Even the things hes doing in practice, theres nothing that makes you feel like you have to pull back just from watching him move around. But the more things we can give to him in the time we have leading up to the season opener, the better." Though the defence is still prohibited from touching him, Peterson ran the ball 18 times in the full team portion of Mondays practice. Frazier said he experienced no problems or side effects. Soon, before Sept. 9, the no-contact ban will be lifted to gauge Petersons ability to cut and properly manoeuvr around the tacklers, essentially the final evaluation of a running backs ACL recovery. "When some of the guys put a pad on him, how does he handle that? And when bodies fall down in front of him, how does he handle that? Does he stop and plant as the Adrian of old, or does he just come to a standstill where hes liable to taking a really serious hit?" Frazier said. The best way to do that is in the controlled environment on the practice field, rather than exposing him to the risk of a freak hit in a preseason game, perhaps from some linebacker trying to make the team racing in at the last second. "The more things we can give to him in the time that we have leading up to the season opener, the better well have as far as tape is concerned to be able to evaluate whats the best thing to do -- whether to let him go in that first game or to hold him back a little bit longer," Frazier said. The sooner they let him go -- and let the defence come at him -- the better for Peterson. "Im just excited to see how I feel when I get hit or to run over somebody. ... Im a physical running back so I want to get that contact," he said. officialraybansunglassesoutl... . Meireles, 29, just joined Chelsea last summer from Liverpool, but departs for the Turkish side after completing his switch on Monday night. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]cheap ray ban . "Im more frustrated by the lack of progress," Daly told TSN on Monday. "Its a challenge in terms of finding how to move the process along and the bottom line is the process hasnt moved very quickly over the course of the summer. http://www.officialraybansun... . Or anybody else, for that matter. After all, the Eagles rookie quarterback had practiced with the first team all week, and the starter at his position, Michael Vick, hadnt even touched the field since he left it with a concussion six days ago. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses . Instead, a terrible month in which they lost three of four games dropped the Texans to the third seed. It has them in the exact same spot as year ago, hosting the Cincinnati Bengals in a wild-card playoff game Saturday. ray ban sunglasses for sale . The 20-year-old Tomic dominated the first set, but the big-serving Anderson won 24 of 26 points on his serve in the second and played more aggressively than his opponent as he tried to get back into the match.FIVE QUICK TORONTO RAPTORS THOUGHTS How time flies! Starting my 15th year as a broadcaster on Raptors games. Its Media Day at the ACC on Monday and then off to Halifax to watch Training Camp. A few quick thoughts on a Monday morning. Look forward to the season. 1. POINT GUARD: Dont ever count Jose Calderon out. Ask T.J. Ford, Jarrett Jack and Jerryd Bayless, just to name a few. Proud guy and good player. Kyle Lowry will earn his minutes. Good competition and depth at this spot. 2. 1st ROUND PICKS: Andrea-DeMar-Ed-Jonas-Terrence...its time. The lifeblood of any good organization is the talent level, maturation and development of your first round picks. In the next 12-18 months, all five have to make the steps necessary to be impact players. The future direction of the franchise will be determined by how good they can become. 3. DWANE CASEY: Finally gets a full camp and season with his team. Did a nice job last season and I fully expect that his style/personality will truly take hold this season. Talent level is better. Good enough? Not sure yet. Hell hold guys accountable and demand lots. Hell make a difference and the culture he has/will create will lead to growth in the long run.dddddddddddd 4. WING SPOTS (2/3 Positions): Playoff Team? Lots has to go right. The NBA in 2012 is based upon having talented perimeter people. Is this group good enough? Lots of skepticism when it comes to this area. Consistent play/productivity is a must. DeMar DeRozan has to truly arrive. Linas Kleiza has to make shots and look like he did two years ago before he was injured. Landry Fields has to be a steady two-way guy and Terrence Ross has to surprise. Lots to ask? Yes. Has to happen if youre going to compete in this league. 5 SCHEDULE (Atlantic Division): Strength of schedule is a major factor to watch. Toronto has 16 games against four teams (Boston, New York, Brooklyn and Philly) that are supposed to be playoff teams. Not easy. Gotta get one of eight playoff spots. Tougher road getting wins in this division than the other two Eastern divisions. Keep an eye on how the Raptors play in division games. Cant make the playoffs unless theyre respectable in these games and win their share. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes