Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

World Cup - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music Foru...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

World Cup

Started by zake201, 2014/04/20 05:55AM
Latest post: 2014/04/20 05:55AM, Views: 291, Posts: 1
World Cup
#1   2014/04/20 05:55AM
zake201
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Virginie Razzano of France beat Japans Misaki Doi 6-2, 6-2 on Monday night in the first round of the inaugural Citi Open just outside Washington, D.C. Britains Elena Baltacha held strong to beat Kazakhstans Yaroslava Shvedova 6-2, 7-6 (5), Heather Watson of Britain beat Eleni Daniilidou of Greece 6-4, 6-1, and in a matchup of Americans, Varvara Lepchenko beat Sloane Stephens 4-6, 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Shahar Peer will play Japanese qualifier Ryoko Fuda on Tuesday in the opening round. Earlier this year, Peer was ranked as high as No. 11 in the world, the highest ever for an Israeli womens tennis player. wholesale jerseys . Crawford, a six-foot-four, 275-pound defensive tackle from Windsor, Ont. cheap jerseys from china .J. -- Most of the talk about the New Jersey Devils and their run to the Stanley Cup finals against the Los Angeles Kings has focused on Martin Brodeur, Ilya Kovalchuk, Zach Parise and Peter DeBoer. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnf... . Three strikes later, they were cheering still. Greenbergs second chance in the major leagues went a lot better than the first one, even though he struck out. "It was magical," he said. [url=http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/]wholesale jerseys from china . It is expected Tate will miss the remainder of the season. The 27-year-old pivot was injured rolling to his left in Saturdays loss to the Toronto Argonauts in just the Stampeders second possession of the game. cheap jerseys nfl . The injury occurred in the second period of the Penguins game against the Boston Bruins when Hossa collided knee-on-knee with Glen Murray. He immediately left the ice and did not return. The 29-year old Hossa was the Penguins prize acquisition at the NHLs Trade Deadline on Tuesday as he came from the Atlanta Thrashers along with forward Pascal Dupuis for forwards Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, top prospect Angelo Esposito and a first-round draft pick. SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Kaka said he is working hard to regain the trust of Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho and has not given up hope of becoming a regular starter at the Spanish club again. The Brazil playmaker said in an interview aired by Globo TV on Sunday that he has a "professional relationship" based on mutual respect with Mourinho. "Ive always respected his decisions and never questioned them," Kaka said. "I think that within every group its normal that the coach will have more confidence in some players instead of others. But he made it clear that if I stayed at the club he would respect me and would give me as many chances as he would to the other players." The coach used Kaka sparingly this year and most of the time didnt even include the Brazilian playmaker among the teams bench players. Kaka said he is hoping his hard work will make a difference. "I arrive ahead of time to the practice sessions and I train by myself before the group practice," Kaka said. "I think the only way I can earn another opportunity is by practicing more than the other players, and thats what Ive been doing." Kaka dismissed recent reports by Spanish media saying that Mourinho called the Brazilian player into a meeting and told him that he was not needed by the club anymore. "The meeting happened but the published dialogue was not true," Kaka said. "The meeting happened so we could agree on a strategy for the transfer window, a strategy which would be good for me and for the club." Mourinho said after his Madrids 3-0 victory over Granada in the Spanish league on Sunday that Kaka is not "dead weight" on his squad. "Nobody is," Mourinho said. "The squad is thin and neither Kaka nor anyone else is dead weight. The moment will arrive when Kaka will have to give it his all, so he will not be dead weight and be an option instead." The 30-yearr-old Kaka acknowledged that he would have likely have left Madrid if there had been the right offer for him and the club in the transfer window.ddddddddddddKaka said there was an offer from China and two from other teams in leagues in which he didnt want to play at this moment in his career. "I think the (Real Madrid) fans started losing hope because things werent happening," Kaka said. "But I havent lost hope yet and I still think that a lot of good things will happen to me at this club." The world player of the year in 2007, Kaka said it feels like he has to start his career all over again despite his past achievements at club level and internationally. Kaka thrived with AC Milan before transferring to Madrid in 2009, and was a member of Brazils squad when it won the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan. "Its like in the beginning of my career, my motivation is different," Kaka said. "Today my goal is not to be a starter at Real Madrid. First, I just want to be in the list of players selected for matches." Kaka was on the bench again and didnt get to play in Real Madrids 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday in the Spanish league. He said he had doubts about whether it would be worth to go through the hassle of trying to prove himself at Madrid and acknowledged that he thought about pursuing other options. "I asked myself whether this is really worth it, all this effort," Kaka said. "Maybe it would be better to go somewhere else, maybe to a less competitive league. But for now, I still want to stay." Kaka said he knows his return to the Brazilian team will depend on what happens at Madrid. He has been picked by Brazil coach Mano Menezes only once since the 2010 World Cup. "I really want to return, but it will depend on how things go for me at the club," Kaka said. "I want to deserve to be in the national team again." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes