Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

to left guard Carl Nicks and right - Off Topic For...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

to left guard Carl Nicks and right

Started by zake201, 2014/04/20 05:56AM
Latest post: 2014/04/20 05:56AM, Views: 337, Posts: 1
to left guard Carl Nicks and right
#1   2014/04/20 05:56AM
zake201
WINDSOR, Ont. -- What Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford want fans to see is a completely believable story unfold on the ice. What fans wont see is all the hilarious, embarrassing work that went into making it believable. Canadas top pairs skaters, who open their Grand Prix season at this weeks Skate Canada International, hired acting coach Catherine Pinard this summer in search of that extra edge for their programs. It definitely added some comedic relief to practices. You can watch the pairs short program, along with the ladies short program, today on TSN at 2pm et/11am pt. "Its so fun and uncomfortable," Duhamel said. "She makes us attempt some interesting things -- a lot of improv work on the ice." "(Pinard) will be, like, I want you to touch her, touch her like you want her," Radford said, laughing. "Shes always like, Why cant you just grab her and kiss her at the end of the program?" Duhamel added. "Well, we dont do that." Duhamel, from Lively, Ont., and Radford, from Toronto, were fifth at the world championships last spring in Nice, France, in only their second year competing together. The third season, Radford said, is where partners really start to gel. "Without trying everything just got better, technically, all of our elements are smoother, better landings," he said. "It makes it that much easier to just start connecting them with more complicated choreography. And so we really started to work on the story-telling aspect, the connection." To achieve that connection, Pinard had Duhamel and Radford do things at practice like laugh throughout a footwork, or carry on a conversation during a particular section of choreography. "Sometimes we just look at each other, like, this is just so difficult," Radford said. "Doing a triple Lutz is easier than breaking down that ball of insecurity, that lost feeling you get when youre trying to improv, stuff you dont really know. "But each time we did it, we both kind of felt a growth inside. Then, in the last little competitions weve been doing, everybodys kind of noticed a difference." The defending Canadian champions skate their free program to music from the soundtrack of a 2007 British film called "Angel," based on the book by Elizabeth Taylor. Radford said he came across the music on iTunes. "Just randomly looking for music," he said. "I just clicked on it, like, oh, this sounds good. So I went to the album and listened to it." The movie, starring Romola Garai -- maybe best known for her role in "Atonement" -- and Sam Neill, received poor reviews. "Every movie reviewer we read, they were like, My God, I had to stop watching this movie, it was awful, the acting was awful," Duhamel said, laughing. "Wed never heard of it. Nobody has ever heard of it. Nice music though." Neither Duhamel nor Radford have seen the movie. "No. I dont know if I want to," Duhamel said. "I like the music so, I want to keep a really good feeling about it." In the ladies competition, Amelie Lacoste of Montreal and Kaetlyn Osmond of Marystown, Newfoundland are the Canadian entries in a field of 10 skaters. The 16-year-old Osmond is coming off a big win in September at the Nebelhorn Trophy event in Germany. Lacoste won the womens title at the Canadian national championships last January. Among the top competition in the ladies division is Kanako Murakami of Japan, who finished eighth at the world championships last spring in Moscow. cheap jerseys from china .C., qualified for his first individual Olympic final on Tuesday, posting the sixth-fastest time of the mens 100-metre freestyle semi-final heats. Cheap Jerseys . -- Receiver Davone Bess has been ruled out of the Miami Dolphins season finale Sunday at New England because of a back injury. http://www.xingfantrade.com/ . Song posed for the traditional photo in front of the clubs insignia before passing a medical examination and meeting with Barcelona President Sandro Rosell. "Im very happy to be here because everyone knows that this is the best team in the world," said Song. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .C. United on Thursday. In return, Vancouver received a third-round choice in the 2015 Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Wholesale Jerseys . The blowout didnt last, but their winning streak did. Durant had 32 points and just missed what could have been the dunk of his career, Russell Westbrook added 25 points and nine assists, and the Thunder held off the Brooklyn Nets 117-111 on Tuesday night for their sixth straight victory.Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers re-signed wide receiver Jordan Shipley on Tuesday. Shipley originally signed with Tampa in late August after being cut by Cincinnati during the preseason, but was cut by the Bucs in early September during their final roster decisions. A third-year player out of Texas, Shipley caught 52 passes for 600 yards and three touchdowns as a rookie with the Bengals in 2010, before tearing the anterior cruciaate ligament in his left knee last season during Week 2.dddddddddddd To make room on the roster for Shipley, the Bucs parted ways with guard/tackle Derek Hardman, whom they had signed last week in the wake of injuries to left guard Carl Nicks and right tackle Jeremy Trueblood. Additionally, the Bucs signed defensive end D.J. Bryant to the practice squad and released linebacker J.K. Schaffer from the practice squad. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes