Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

for Triple- - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music Fo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

for Triple-

Started by zake201, 2014/04/20 05:56AM
Latest post: 2014/04/20 05:56AM, Views: 261, Posts: 1
for Triple-
#1   2014/04/20 05:56AM
zake201
(Sports Network) - The Cincinnati Reds locked up the NL Central title on Saturday. The Los Angeles Dodgers cant win their division, but they still have a shot at the postseason. The two teams conclude a three-game series tonight at Great American Ball Park. Catch all the action on TSN2 at 8pm et/5pm pt. The game is also available on TSN Mobile TV. The Dodgers enter Sunday three games behind St. Louis for the second wild card spot. They were officially eliminated from the NL West race when the San Francisco Giants secured that division crown Saturday night. Meanwhile, the Reds clinched their second division title in three years on Saturday with a 6-0 win. Aaron Harang is listed as the starter for the Dodgers tonight, but Clayton Kershaw could get the late mound assignment. Harang is 0-3 over his last five starts and hasnt won since Aug. 18 at Atlanta. Hes won both of his career starts against his former team, and has fashioned a 1.38 ERA. Homer Bailey, who is 2-0 over his last four starts, will be on the hill for the Reds. The right-hander has thrown at least seven innings in wins against the Cubs and Pirates. Hes 3-1 with a 4.06 ERA in five games versus the Dodgers. Yesterday, Mat Latos went eight innings, and Jay Bruce and Brandon Phillips both homered for Cincinnati in a 6-0 win. Latos (13-4) scattered six hits, struck out seven without issuing a walk and didnt allow a runner to reach scoring position to improve to 8-2 in his last 17 starts. Todd Frazier added a fifth-inning RBI and Zack Cozart hit a two-run, bases- loaded single in the eighth, as the Reds stormed their way to the NL Central title. They were the first team in the majors this season to lock up their division. "Its not a shock at all because weve been taking care of business here for a while," Bruce said. "We kind of knew it was coming. Weve worked really hard this year like we did then (2010). We deserve this and we deserve a lot more. Were going to go get it." Cincinnati manager Dusty Baker was not present to celebrate the victory, as he remained in a Chicago hospital and missed his fourth straight game with an irregular heartbeat. "If Dusty would have been here it would have been a whole lot better. We miss our manager. Hes like a father figure to me," Phillips said during the postgame celebration. "When he gets here, Im going to save one bottle for him." Stephen Fife (0-2) gave up two runs on five hits over five innings to take the loss in his fifth major league start. The 25-year-old is still searching for his first big league win. "The legs werent underneath me all that well," Fife said. "We just didnt execute all that well today." The Dodgers won two of three from the Reds at Dodger Stadium July 2-4 and are 21-13 all-time at Great American Ball Park. [url=http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/12th-fan-jersey.html]http://www.authen... . - Sharks coach Todd McLellans decision to start the season with familiar lines from a year ago is paying early dividends for San Jose. [url=http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/marshawn-lynch-jersey.html]http://www.... . The 30-year-old Roenicke had a 3.25 ERA in 88 2-3 innings last season for the Rockies with 43 walks and 54 strikeouts. Hes the nephew of Milwaukee Brewers manager Ron Roenicke and has also pitched for Cincinnati and Toronto. [url=http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/]http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/... . Shoes were lined up methodically along the bottom, jerseys and other clothing hung on a rod, a cap sat on the top shelf and the team helmet hung on its customary hook. [url=http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/russell-wilson-jersey.html]http://www.... . 1 and defending champion Victoria Azarenka. The 29th-seeded Sloane Stephens reached her first career major semifinal with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-4 victory over her American compatriot, while Azarenka rolled in the semis with a 7-5, 6-1 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova. [url=http://www.authenticseahawksshop.com/richard-sherman-jersey.html]http://www... . Greece surged into the European Championship quarterfinals, defeating Russia 1-0 Saturday on a goal by Giorgos Karagounis just before halftime. NEW YORK -- Freddie Freeman and the Atlanta Braves sent a struggling Johan Santana to another early exit. Freeman had five RBIs in the first two innings and the Braves battered Santana in his return from the disabled list, routing the sluggish New York Mets 9-3 on Saturday night. Michael Bourn had three hits, Chipper Jones chased Santana with an RBI single in a seven-run second inning and Atlanta roughed up the two-time Cy Young Award winner in the worst start of his career. "Unfortunately, he really didnt have command of the outside corner with his fastball and changeup," Jones said. "We put some good at-bats on him, but we had a bunch of balls that had eyes tonight." Kris Medlen (3-1) pitched effectively into the seventh inning, striking out seven while improving to 2-0 since joining the rotation. A solid reliever most of the season, he has permitted one run in each of his three starts. "I just take the ball and run with it," Medlen said. "I love competing. I love the chess match of starting. Relieving, if you dont have your pitches that day, youre going to get crushed. So its two different mindsets and I like this one." Santana (6-8) got only four outs. He was charged with eight hits -- seven singles -- and a season-high eight runs in his first outing since July 20. The left-hander was sidelined for three weeks with a sprained right ankle, a stint on the DL also intended to refresh his surgically repaired shoulder. But he was hit hard for the fourth straight start and left trailing 6-0 after 43 pitches. "Im fine. Its just one of those nights I didnt execute my pitches," Santana said. "I didnt feel anything in my ankle, my shoulder, or my whole body. "Im just trying to get my command back. Its been a while since I faced batters of this calibre. I just need to continue to make some progress and improve my command," he added. Freeman, who had a two-run double with two outs in the first, greeted reliever Jeremy Hefner with a three-run homer that sailed over the giant apple behind the centre-field fence. The five RBIs matched Freemans career high. "Thats as good as I can hit one," Freeman said. "I dont know how far it went, but if you guys say like 400 (feet), Im going to be upset." The surging Braves won for the 14th time in 17 games and sent the Mets to their 11th defeat in 12 home games. New York (54-60) has lost 21 of 29 overall to drop a season-worst six games under .500. The 33-year-old Santana, who missed last season following major shoulder surgery, got off to a strong start this year and pitched the first no-hitter in Mets history June 1 against St. Louis. He threw a career-high 134 pitches in that game, however, and is 3-6 with a 7.98 ERA in nine starts since. The tailspin got especiaally ugly after Chicago Cubs outfielder Reed Johnson, now with the Braves, stepped on Santanas foot on a play at first base July 6.dddddddddddd Beginning with that outing, Santana is 0-4 with a 17.36 ERA in his last four starts -- by far the worst stretch of his career. He has given up 27 runs, 36 hits and six homers over 14 innings. "Ive always said that hes one of those few pitchers that hitters have to adjust to him. Maybe they have," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Santana worked three scoreless innings in a rehab start Sunday for Class-A Brooklyn. Collins said Saturday he thought the longtime ace might be rusty, but he expected Santana would be able to finish the season strong. He struck out Jason Heyward and Jones with two on in the first, flashing a 90 mph fastball and a useful slider. But his signature changeup was missing and the Braves took advantage on a humid, 84-degree night at Citi Field. Freeman stroked a two-run double past a diving Ike Davis at first base to put Atlanta ahead. Dan Uggla, who is 1 for 21 with 12 strikeouts against Santana, drew a leadoff walk in the second and went to third when Paul Janish flared a soft single to centre. Medlen poked a groundball single through a drawn-in infield for his first RBI this season and Bourn cracked a run-scoring single to right-centre. One out later, Heyward and Jones hit consecutive RBI singles to finish Santana, who never really looked comfortable on the mound. "I dont see a major difference in him. Theres nothing thats way off," Bourn said. "Sometimes the opposing side is better." Santana tossed a ball to the third base umpire and trudged off the field to scattered boos. Sitting alone at the end of the bench, he wiped his face with a towel before Collins sat down beside him for a chat. It was the second straight start and third one this season in which Santana was knocked out so quickly he never even got to bat. He also lasted only 1 1-3 innings in his third outing of the year April 17 at Atlanta. In that game, he allowed six runs -- four earned -- and four hits. NOTES: Atlanta has won Medlens last 14 starts dating to May 29, 2010. ... Jones (back) and Braves C Brian McCann (right shoulder) returned to the lineup. ... RHP Ben Sheets (4-1, 1.41 ERA) is scheduled to make his sixth start for the Braves when they go for a three-game sweep Sunday night. LHP Jonathon Niese (8-6, 3.82) pitches for the Mets. ... Braves RHP Tommy Hanson, on the 15-day DL since July 31 with a strained lower back, is scheduled to throw a maximum of 80 pitches Sunday in a rehab outing for Triple-A Gwinnett. That puts him on track to return to Atlantas rotation next weekend against the Los Angeles Dodgers. ... Santana is 1-4 with an 8.39 ERA in his last six starts against the Braves. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes