Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

g a nine-game hitting stre - Off Topic Forum. - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

g a nine-game hitting stre

Started by zake201, 2014/04/21 05:14AM
Latest post: 2014/04/21 05:14AM, Views: 343, Posts: 1
g a nine-game hitting stre
#1   2014/04/21 05:14AM
zake201
CHICAGO -- It didnt matter to Robin Lopez or the rest of the Hornets that Anthony Davis was back in New Orleans. They werent dwelling on it. Instead, they were dealing with it. Greivis Vasquez scored 18 points and the balanced Hornets beat the Chicago Bulls 89-82 on Saturday night even though they were missing the No. 1 draft pick. "Thats the big thing about a team game," Lopez said. "Everybody came together and everybody stepped it up." Lopez and Jason Smith scored 16 apiece. Ryan Anderson added 12 points and 13 rebounds, and the Hornets hit 20 of 23 free throws to get the win even though Davis was nursing a mild concussion. Luol Deng had 19 points and eight rebounds for Chicago. Nate Robinson scored 15, and Marco Belinelli added 13 against his former team, but the Bulls shot 33 per cent in this one after hitting just under 64 per cent of their shots the previous night in an easy win over Cleveland. It was a particularly rough night for Richard Hamilton and Carlos Boozer, who shot a combined 3 for 18 and each finished with four points after scoring 19 apiece against the Cavaliers. The Hornets trailed by seven in the second quarter and led by 10 in the third but had to hang on down the stretch, with Robinson making it as tough as he could on them. He scored all but four of his points in the fourth to help keep the Bulls in it, but they ultimately came up short. His jumper with 1:16 left made it 81-77, and Chicago had a chance to make it a one-possession game after Taj Gibson blocked Smith. Instead, Belinelli missed a 3. Smith hit two free throws with 53.5 seconds left. Roger Mason added two more to make it 85-77, and the Hornets prevailed because they didnt back down without their prized rookie. "We dont get a lot of credit or notoriety for being a physical team, but thats something weve prided ourselves on since Ive been here, was to play a physical style of basketball, legally," coach Monty Williams said. "I dont think we out-worked them, I just think the ball came our way a few times and it was just a major battle in that paint. Anytime you play against Chicago, a team that (Tom Thibodeau) is gonna coach, you know youre gonna play a team that is gonna hit you right in the mouth." He had to be feeling better after this one. Before the game, though, he made it clear he wasnt thrilled with the NBA. While Davis was back in New Orleans being examined after taking an inadvertent elbow to the head from teammate Austin Rivers in the first half of Fridays win over Utah, Williams was unloading. He blasted the NBAs protocols for determining when a player can return from a concussion before this game, saying, "Now, they treat everybody like they have white gloves and pink drawers and its getting old. Its just the way the league is now." He had to like the way his team stepped up even though Davis was out. "You see how guys came in with high motors, understood that this is their time to get their minutes," Chicagos Taj Gibson said. "This league is all about guys stepping up. You saw Robin Lopez and Ryan Anderson, guys coming in with a high motor, gaining confidence early and playing well." The Bulls also saw some missed opportunities, particularly near the rim. When they drove, Thibodeau said he saw "a lot of flipping instead of attacking," but it wasnt just that. He saw players not hustling back on defence after a miss, and that really bothered him. "The thing that bothered me was our approach to defensive transition," he said. "When youre not shooting well, you cant allow that to sap your energy in terms of getting back, setting your defence." Notes: When he was an assistant in Boston, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau could tell big things were in store for Doc Rivers son Austin. "In Boston, he was around a lot," Thibodeau said. "He had a lot of confidence and poise, very comfortable being on the floor playing against pros even when he was in high school. Hes been around the pro game his whole life. I think hes going to be a terrific player." Rivers believed Thibodeau would be a successful head coach, and in his first two years, the Bulls captured the top seed in the Eastern Conference. "Its funny, before he became a head coach, my dad was always talking like hes gonna be a great coach. It was almost like my dad and him coached. It wasnt just my dad. Coach Tom was.you look at their (Boston) defence and how it went up once he got there, and look what hes done with Chicago. I know hes gonna have a tough defensive scheme for me and everyone else tonight." ... The Hornets had dropped eight straight to Chicago. ray ban outlet . "Im more frustrated by the lack of progress," Daly told TSN on Monday. "Its a challenge in terms of finding how to move the process along and the bottom line is the process hasnt moved very quickly over the course of the summer. Ray Ban Aviators Sunglasses . The 18-year-old winger was named the games first star for his three-point outing, however it was a full-team effort that earned his club its fourth straight victory. http://www.officialraybansun... ., scored three goals to lift Canada to a 6-0 win over Argentina in its opening match of the under-20 Womens World Cup on Monday. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]Ray Ban Outlet Mall . QPRs first win in the topflight at Stamford Bridge since March 1979 was secured by Shaun Wright-Phillips scoring against his former club. The end of Chelseas four-game winning run in one of the biggest shocks so far this season left Benitezs side fourth in the standings, 14 points behind leader Manchester United. Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses . The 21-year-old Chan, who is known for his rocky starts to the season, has new choreographers, new programs and a new lead coach in Kathy Johnson this season, and said he wasnt dismayed by the result.ST. LOUIS -- It seemed like Ricky Nolasco was always in trouble. But in a game that began in 103-degree heat, it was the St. Louis Cardinals who were sweating. Nolasco allowed an unearned run in six innings while scattering nine hits and a walk and Jose Reyes got the go-ahead RBI with an infield hit in the seventh, leading the Miami Marlins to a 3-2 victory on Friday. "Obviously, I had a lot of baserunners," Nolasco said. "Very tough lineup. They made me battle, made me keep fighting. Just enough to get these guys." Logan Morrison added his second home run in three games in the eighth for the Marlins, who won their third in a row and beat the Cardinals for just the second time in the last 10 meetings. St. Louis was 2 for 16 with runners in scoring position, stranding five at third base to frustrate a sellout crowd that waited patiently for a rally that never materialized. "We had a lot of opportunities out there with runners on base," Allen Craig said after going 1 for 4 with an infield hit. "We got a lot of hits, we just didnt drive them in." Fans had to settle for a great view of the Fair St. Louis fireworks display on the Mississippi River waterfront -- easily visible over the scoreboard in right-centre -- that began right before Reyes beat out a slow roller down the third-base line to break a 1-all tie. David Freese had three hits and an RBI for the Cardinals, production that was offset when he committed two errors and nearly had a third in a sloppy sixth that allowed the Marlins to tie it. Freese, picked to his first All-Star Game on Thursday, entered with five errors in 76 games. Freese left Busch Stadium without talking to reporters. Heath Bell allowed pinch-hitter Skip Schumakers leadoff double and a one-out, run-scoring infield hit by Rafael Furcal in the ninth before finishing for his 19th save in 24 chances. He entered 0-3 with an 8.83 career ERA against St. Louis, and 0-3 with a 6.23 ERA on the road this season with four blown saves in 11 opportunities. Bell was pitching for the fourth straight day, and manager Ozzie Guillen had been concerned. But noted the Cardinals hit only one ball hard. "I personally thought I was fine," Bell said. "Im definitely not going to be 100 per cent, but I felt like I was 97 per cent. I could hit my spots, and throw pitches.dddddddddddd" Jake Westbrook (7-7) allowed two runs, one earned, in 6 2-3 innings. He had the Cardinals third error with a wild throw on Reyes soft tapper not far from the plate. "If it was another runner Id have a little more time," Westbrook said. "I felt like I had to rush it a little bit just because of who it was and I just didnt make a good throw on it." Nolasco (8-6) gave up nine hits but got the big outs when it counted against the Cardinals, holding them to 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. The right-hander beat the Cardinals for the first time in five career decisions, two starts after allowing an unearned run in 6 2-3 innings but got no decision in an 8-7 loss to St. Louis in Miami. Freese made a nice stop on Reyes smash to start the inning, righted himself and then pulled Craig off the first base bag with a high throw. The Cardinals settled for a forceout the next at-bat when Freese fielded a grounder by Hanley Ramirez and pulled second baseman Daniel Descalso so far off the bag he had to make a diving stab with his glove. Carlos Lees grounder went right between Freeses legs for a two-base error as Ramirez scored from first. Freeses throw on Justin Ruggianos double-play ball was also high, but Craig landed his foot in time. Craig reached on an infield hit and took second on Reyes wild throw from shortstop, then scored on Freeses double that bounded high off the third-base bag. Morrison hit his 11th homer off Maikel Cleto in the eighth to make it 3-1 and also was hit twice by Westbrook, doubling his season total. He has four homers and 11 RBIs during a nine-game hitting streak, plus has homered in his last two games against St. Louis with a pinch hit drive June 27 in Miami. NOTES: Furcal was removed for a pinch runner after his hit in the ninth after aggravating a shin injury. ... Kyle Lohse (8-2, 2.80) will try to beat the Marlins for the third straight start on Saturday, opposing Carlos Zambrano (4-6, 4.14). ... Ruggiano is 16 for 33 during a nine-game hitting streak. ... Gregg Dobbs singled in the seventh and has hit in nine straight, one off his career best. ... Attendance of 46,721 was the Cardinals 14th sellout and third-largest crowd of the season. ... Schumaker is 4 for 8 with three doubles against Bell. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes