Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hird overall pick in Aprils - Off Topic Forum. - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hird overall pick in Aprils

Started by zake201, 2014/04/21 05:14AM
Latest post: 2014/04/21 05:14AM, Views: 334, Posts: 1
hird overall pick in Aprils
#1   2014/04/21 05:14AM
zake201
(Sports Network) - James Reimer and the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs will look to get things back on track when they host the Los Angeles Kings tonight at the Air Canada Centre. Centre David Steckel is out for the Leafs with Jay Rosehill likely taking his spot on the fourth line. The Leafs have lost two straight, four of five and six of their last eight games. Toronto has not fared well defensively in its last two losses, surrendering five goals in each contest. The latest setback came Saturday against visiting Vancouver, as the Leafs began a three-game homestand with a 5-3 setback against the Canucks. Tyler Bozak had a goal and two assists, while Joffrey Lupul and Phil Kessel also scored for Toronto, which got 31 saves from Jonas Gustavsson. "We just have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, too many giveaways tonight," Toronto head coach Ron Wilson said. Kessel, who also had an assist in the loss, tied Philadelphias Claude Giroux for the NHL lead in points with 39. Giroux is currently out indefinitely with a concussion. The Maple Leafs are 7-5-3 as the host this year but have lost three of their last four in Toronto. Toronto has taken two of the last three meetings with the Kings, but LA has four victories in its previous five trips to the ACC. The Kings meanwhile are looking to bounce back from their most lopsided loss of the season tonight. The Kings made a stop in Detroit on Saturday and were dealt an embarrassing 8-2 loss by the Red Wings. It was the sixth loss in seven games for Los Angeles, which fell to 1-2-0 under interim head coach John Stevens. Stevens took over for the fired Terry Murray last week, but tonights tilt figures to be his last game as LAs head coach. The Kings have reached an agreement for Darryl Sutter to become the teams new head coach, and he will likely be introduced on Tuesday or Wednesday, according to the team. Sutter, who signed a multi-year contract, is still working on immigration issues, but is expected to be behind the bench when the Kings play their next home game Thursday against Anaheim. Sutter has been an NHL head coach for 11 seasons in Chicago, San Jose and Calgary, leading his clubs to 10 playoff appearances, including a Stanley Cup Final berth in 2004 with the Flames. The Kings fell behind 3-0 before the midway point of the first period on Saturday and were never a factor after that. Jonathan Quick started in net for Los Angeles but was pulled in the first period after allowing three goals on seven shots. Jonathan Bernier relieved Quick and stopped 15-of-20 shots. "I hope it doesnt take a game like this to open some eyes," Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi said. "We got to wake up eventually. There is only so much time left in the season." Davis Drewiske and Jarret Stoll had goals for the Kings, who have scored two goals or less in 11 straight games. LA had not allowed more than four goals in any game this season before Saturdays blowout. The Kings are making the final stop on a four-game road trip tonight and are 6-5-3 as the guest this season. Jonathan Quick gets the start in goal for the Kings. LA defenseman Willie Mitchell could return tonight after missing the last three games with a groin injury. Forward Mike Richards (head) has joined the team on its trip, but he is still out indefinitely. cheap ray ban . A two-time MVP, Nash has spent the most dominant years of his career in the Phoneix Suns back-court. In 1,152 career NBA games with the Suns and Dallas Mavericks Nash has averaged 14. ray ban outlet . Voracek came to Philadelphia last season in the deal that sent forward Jeff Carter to Columbus and had a big debut season in the Eastern Conference. http://www.officialraybansun... . -- Mark Matthews had four goals and five assists Sunday as the Edmonton Rush defeated the Washington Stealth 18-10 in the National Lacrosse League. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses . Kelly was the third college coach Philadelphia interviewed since firing Andy Reid on Dec. 31. The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because he wasnt authorized to release the information, said the Eagles met with Kelly on Tuesday. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]officialraybansunglassesoutl... .J. -- Most of the talk about the New Jersey Devils and their run to the Stanley Cup finals against the Los Angeles Kings has focused on Martin Brodeur, Ilya Kovalchuk, Zach Parise and Peter DeBoer. CLEVELAND -- The Browns believe they got a bargain in former Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon. Cleveland took Gordon in the second round of the NFLs supplemental draft Thursday. He was the only player selected; the Browns must forfeit their second-round pick in the 2013 draft. Gordon was suspended for marijuana as a junior in 2011 at Baylor. He transferred to Utah, but decided not to play. He caught 42 passes for 714 yards and seven touchdowns in 2010. "I dont know if it is risky, that is kind of where we thought he was as a player," Browns general manager Tom Heckert said of spending a second-rounder on Gordon. "Obviously hes a guy who can come in here and be a starter for us and make plays for us. "We kind of did our homework on him, no question about it. We brought the kid in, I talked to a zillion guys and I couldnt find one guy to say something bad about the kid." The Browns were one of nearly two dozen teams to attend Gordons workout this week. He measured at 6-foot-3, 224 pounds and ran the 40 in 4.52 seconds. "I enjoyed my visit there last week, and was very impressed with all of the people I met, including Mr.dddddddddddd Heckert," Gordon said. "I have also had the chance to speak with Coach Shurmur on several occasions and I am looking forward to the opportunity to play for him." Heckert targeted wide receiver Kendall Wright, Gordons former college teammate, in the draft. But after Wright was taken the team selected quarterback Brandon Weeden, who will have another target to throw to. "He is a big kid, he can run and he has huge hands and long arms. An impressive looking kid," Heckert said. "There were some concerns about him, so I drilled him pretty hard and he didnt back down, and he told me everything I thought I needed to hear from him. He promised he would be a guy we loved having in Cleveland. He is pretty fired about being a Brown." Cleveland also has a rookie running back in Trent Richardson, the third overall pick in Aprils draft, to go with Weeden and Gordon. "Being taken this high in the supplemental draft and mentioned among the likes of the Bernie Kosar is a humbling experience in itself, as well as a dream come true," Gordon said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes