Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

goodbye to Chris Hope, Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

goodbye to Chris Hope, Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden Bosch and

Started by lili, 2014/04/21 05:35AM
Latest post: 2014/04/21 05:35AM, Views: 293, Posts: 1
goodbye to Chris Hope, Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden Bosch and
#1   2014/04/21 05:35AM
lili
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Jay Bruce is back to reacting to pitches instead of thinking about whats coming. And when he gets on a surge like this one, the outcome is predictable. He hits home runs in bunches. The right fielder homered for the third straight game on Tuesday night, a two-run shot that sent the Cincinnati Reds to a 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies with first baseman Joey Votto watching from the bench. Manager Dusty Baker gave Bruce a couple days off during the last road trip to try to clear his head and get himself out of a slump. Bruces hitting tears tend to last for several weeks, followed by deep slumps. The days off helped. "That let me take a step back mentally and realize a couple of things," Bruce said. "I just needed to quit thinking so much." Bruces 31st homer in the sixth inning ended a four-game winning streak by Kyle Kendrick (8-10), who gave up six hits in six innings. Bruce has homered in four of his last five games since his time off. "That was just to let him get his head together," Baker said. "You hate to sit a guy, but whatever works." Bakers next challenge is to figure out how to work Votto back into a lineup that has done exceptionally well without him. Votto was activated off the disabled list before the game, but didnt play because his knee isnt back to full strength. Cincinnati went 32-16 without him, taking control of the NL Central. On his first night back, the Reds didnt need him. They got one chance and turned it into a win. "Weve done a great job with that all year," Bruce said. "Weve had a lot of come-from-behind wins. You cant ever give us breathing room." Mat Latos (12-4) gave up one run -- on a bases-loaded walk -- and four hits in seven innings. Jimmy Rollins doubled off Latos in the fifth inning, making him the fourth Phillies player to reach 2,000 career hits. He joined Mike Schmidt (2,234), Richie Ashburn (2,217) and Ed Delahanty (2,207). "It was great, but 3,000 is better," said Rollins, eating an ice cream cone after the game. "Thats the one thats celebrated. Its another milestone in a career, but its not the one thats celebrated. So its just another hit." Aroldis Chapman gave up a walk and fanned two while getting his 35th save in 39 chances. The left-hander has converted 27 straight save opportunities since June 24, a franchise record. The win evened the season series at three games apiece. Philadelphia has been one of Cincinnatis toughest opponents, winning nine of their last 12 games. The Phillies have won their season series each of the past seven years. Cincinnatis surge into playoff position has attracted bigger crowds to Great American Ball Park. The Reds topped 2 million in season attendance on Tuesday night, the fastest theyve reached the mark since the ballpark opened in 2003. Latos, the Reds biggest off-season acquisition, was in the middle of all the early action. He got picked off third base by catcher Erik Kratz in the third inning, ending a rally. He then helped the Phillies pull ahead 1-0 in the fourth because of his control problems. Philadelphia loaded the bases when Chase Utley doubled, Latos hit Ryan Howard on the arm, and John Mayberry Jr. walked with one out. Latos then walked Domonic Brown -- in an 0-for-18 slump -- on four pitches to force in a run. Nate Schierholtz followed with a sinking liner that centre fielder Drew Stubbs appeared to catch on the short hop. The Phillies saw first base umpire Chris Guccione immediately rule it a catch, confusing the runners. Stubbs threw to second base to complete a double play. "Basically our runners, they got all messed up," manager Charlie Manuel said. "They got all confused. They didnt know where to go. "It was a bad break. We could have had a hit there and a run for sure. Its kind of how things go for us, huh?" NOTES: Rollins double also gave him a seven-game hitting streak. ... The Reds recalled RHP Todd Redmond and RHP Pedro Villarreal from Louisville, promoted LHP Tony Cingrani from Double-A Pensacola, and outrighted INF Chris Valaika and RHP Jordan Smith to Louisville. ... The Phillies called up INF/OF Pete Orr from Triple-A Lehigh Valley. ... Bengals QB Andy Dalton threw a ceremonial pitch to WR A.J. Green. ... Latos failed to get a hit, snapping his career-high six-game hitting streak. NFL Jerseys China . -- Lindsey Vonn felt pressure to win the season-opening World Cup downhill at Lake Louise, even though she is the most dominant ski racer there. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- Anna Goodman claimed a slalom silver medal at the Canadian Championship on Sunday in her last race before retiring. http://www.nfljerseysch... . Maybe their Sept. 15 bout isnt such a gross size mismatch after all. Maybe Lopez really has another shot at an incredible upset. The matchup is the latest unlikely chapter for Lopez (30-4, 18 KOs), a virtually unknown fighter outside of his native Southern California before last month. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]Cheap Jerseys . Di Vaio hasnt scored in five games, although the stocky forward seems to coming closer each time out for the struggling Major League Soccer expansion team. Cheap Jerseys China . -- The Chicago Bears have signed defensive tackle Amobi Okoye to a one-year contract and waived DT Brian Price.NASHVILLE -- Near the end of the off-season, the Tennessee Titans rewarded safety Michael Griffin with a five-year, $36 million contract extension. Now, the Titans want Griffin to reward their faith in him by becoming the leader of the defence. "What Mike needs to do is . say Im going to be the leader of this defence, and were going to go this way. All the great safeties that Ive been around have done that," Titans defensive co-ordinator Jerry Gray said. "They take it upon themselves. Really good safeties take ownership and say, Im going to put you on my back, and lets go. And then they challenge everyone around them." In his time as a Titan, Griffin has had his moments of excellent play -- 17 career interceptions and two Pro Bowls attest to that. But there were moments of inconsistency, too, and that is what Griffin wants to eliminate from his game. "I just want to be the same guy, but get better and work on the things I need to work on. I want to be more consistent," said Griffin, who was given the franchise tag by the Titans in March. Many players tagged in the NFL hold out of off-season work and training camp as leverage. Not Griffin. He signed a waiver that allowed him to take part in the Titans off-season, something that no doubt earned him respect from teammates and coaches. "Hes a guy that was here every day during the off-season. Hes the first guy out in practice, helps on special teams, even though hes not on them," coachh Mike Munchak said.dddddddddddd "He leads that way, which is fun. I think he loves the game, and were looking forward to a big year. Hes a guy thats been to the Pro Bowl a couple of times, hes had success in his career with some picks, and thats what were expecting this year. I think hes enjoying the role." For his part, Griffin said the leadership role isnt something he necessarily has sought out. "Being a leader, that just comes from the respect of your teammates and leading by example," he said. "Some people dont really think of themselves as leaders, but when people look up to guys and want to work as hard as they do or whatever it may be, thats when you start having those leadership qualities and people start looking at you as a leader." Just looking around the locker room, Griffin can see why he needs to be more of a leader. In the past few years, the team has said goodbye to Chris Hope, Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Cortland Finnegan. So now, at just 27, Griffin is the longest-tenured starter on the Tennessee defence, having been drafted in the first round pick in 2007. "I was thinking to myself that theres nobody here that was on this defence from when I first got here," he said. "I feel like Im in the position where Im the old guy now. I dont feel that old, but Im the old guy thats been around here the longest, the one who has seen this team evolve into what it is today." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes