Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

all forward. Golden State is de - Off Topic Forum....

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

all forward. Golden State is de

Started by zake201, 2014/04/22 07:53AM
Latest post: 2014/04/22 07:53AM, Views: 1372, Posts: 1
all forward. Golden State is de
#1   2014/04/22 07:53AM
zake201
UFA, Russia - Martin Frk scored twice Sunday as the Czech Republic beat Latvia 4-2 to clinch a spot in the next round at the world junior hockey championship. Petr Beranek and Dmitriij Jaskin also scored for the Czechs in the Pool A matchup. Roberts Lipsbergs and Nikita Evpalovs replied for Latvia, which is winless at the tournament. Jaskins goal with just 6:14 left in regulation broke a 2-2 tie. The Czechs have six points, good for second place in Pool A, but still have a chance to finish first. With the loss, the winless Latvians (0-0-4) now head to the relegation round. In other action, Markus Granlund scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner Sunday as Finland defeated Switzerland. Switzerland sped to a 2-0 lead in the first period on goals by Lino Martschini and Sven Andrighetto just 61 seconds apart, but Granlund and Teuvo Teravainen tied the score for Finland in the second. Switzerland then went up 4-2 in the third on goals by Alessio Bertaggia and Dario Simion, but Teravainen scored again and Granlund sent the game into overtime with a goal with less than two minutes left in regulation. Joonas Korpisalo stopped 19 shots to get the win, while Melvin Nyffeler made 53 saves in taking the loss. "It was a great battle for us," Korpisalo said. "The first period was pretty horrible, but after that we tied the game and were much better." The Finns are now second in Pool B ahead of Switzerland with five points. The Swiss have earned points in all three games and also have five points, but are seeded third by virtue of Sundays loss. In other action, Peter Ceresnak scored on the power play at 1:40 of overtime Sunday as Slovakia defeated Germany. Germanys Sebastian Uvira was sent off for hooking just 57 seconds into the extra period and Ceresnak hammered home the deciding goal with a one-timer from the faceoff circle on the ensuing man advantage. Bruno Mraz had the other goal for the Slovaks, while Tobias Grieder replied for the Germans. Slovakia set up a showdown with the United States on New Years Eve for third place in Group B. The Germans, with four straight losses, are will take part in the relegation round. cheap nfl jerseys china . "Theres no excuse really," Lombardi said of the 2011-2012 campaign. "I just wasnt myself for a while. Wholesale Jerseys from china . The Hoosiers received 44 first-place votes and a total of 1,580 points from a nationwide media panel. Indiana has held the top spot since the preseason poll was released in early November. http://www.bizcheapjerseys.com/ . Roos was sore before a 35-34 win at Buffalo, and Munchak said the tackle was checked with no symptoms. Roos started his 119th consecutive game and made the return flight home with no apparent problems. But Munchak says Roos had surgery Monday. The tackle has started every game since being drafted in the second round in 2005 out of Eastern Washington. Cheap NFL Jerseys .H. -- Jeff Gordon came into the media centre after winning the pole in New Hampshire and found that the moderator was not yet at his post. Jerseys From China . -- The Washington Redskins have released running back Ryan Grant and brought back running back Keiland Williams.OAKLAND, Calif. -- While the stability of Stephen Currys right ankle remains uncertain, his financial footing with the Golden State Warriors has never been more secure. Curry signed a $44 million, four-year contract extension before Wednesday nights season opener at Phoenix that will keep the point guard with the Warriors through the 2016-17 season. It was the final day Golden State could sign Curry to an extension or he would become a restricted free agent next summer. "I just thought the deal was too good to pass up right now," Curry said before the Warriors season opener against the Suns. "Obviously Ive been through a lot of injuries the last year and a half with my ankle, but its back strong and ready to go." Curry missed 40 of 66 games last season and sprained his twice-surgically repaired right ankle again in the preseason, sitting out the final two exhibitions at the request of second-year coach Mark Jackson. New Warriors general manager Bob Myers and owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber felt the point guard was still worth the risk given his production when healthy. "This is an exciting day for the Warriors and our fans and it certainly exemplifies the commitment of Joe Lacob and Peter Guber," Myers said in a statement. "Were extremely pleased that we have reached an agreement that will enable Stephen to remain a vital part of our team long term. His contributions over the last three years, both on the floor and in the community, have been invaluable to our organization. We certainly expect him to be an integral part of our future success as he continues to evolve as a player in all facets of the game." The 24-year-old Curry averaged career lows of 14.7 points, 5.3 assists and 3.4 rebounds last season. He has still proven to be one of the NBAs most prolific scorers when hes on the court, shooting 47 per cent from the field and 44 per cent from 3-point range in his first three seasons. Curry said he believed in the direction the team is heading. "Ive just seen the difference from my rookie year of where the organization is going," he said. "Its definitely promising and Im optimistic about where we can go, especially with what we did over the summer and even last year in getting such a deep roster, them making moods and putting a good product on the floor. Its up to us now to go out and play.dddddddddddd" The Warriors are counting on Curry to form half of the new franchise tandem. Curry is expected to team with centre Andrew Bogut, who didnt play in the preseason. The team has said Bogut has not had any setbacks on his surgically repaired left ankle, which he fractured on Jan. 25 while with Milwaukee and missed the rest of the season. Bogut came to Golden State in a swap for guard Monta Ellis, among others, before last seasons trade deadline. Bogut had hoped to return for the season opener, but the team never set any deadline, and even if the 7-footer from Australia played it likely wont be for extended minutes. Curry sat out the last two exhibitions after he sprained his right ankle at Portland on Oct. 19. The former Davidson star and native of Charlotte, N.C., drafted seventh overall by the Warriors in 2009, had arthroscopic surgery in April and had surgery to repair a tendon in the ankle in the summer of 2011. Golden State signed Curry at somewhat of a discount. Ty Lawson signed a four-year, $48 million extension with the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. Without the ankle concerns, Curry wouldve likely commanded at least that much. "Right now, for them to offer me what they did after what Ive been through says a lot about, one, where my ankle is now, but, two, just their faith in what I can do," Curry said. "Obviously things would have been different playing out the year, me playing well, next year I dont what the number would have been, but thats not even a question Im asking myself now. " The Bogut-Curry combo has enough support around it for the Warriors to believe they have a strong shot to make the playoffs for only the second time since 1994 -- if all can stay healthy, which hasnt been the case in recent seasons. Power forward David Lee, who has averaged close to a double-double most of his career and missed the end of last season following surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle, will start along with second-year shooting guard Klay Thompson and seventh overall pick Harrison Barnes of North Carolina at small forward. Golden State is deeper than in recent years, too. Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and Richard Jefferson fill out a veteran bench complementing rookies Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes