Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

lier this season - Off Topic Forum. - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

lier this season

Started by zake201, 2014/04/23 07:17AM
Latest post: 2014/04/23 07:17AM, Views: 292, Posts: 1
lier this season
#1   2014/04/23 07:17AM
zake201
HAVERHILL, Mass. -- Claude Julien returned to the bench on Sunday, leading a group of young players to a tight victory. And this was one impressive team, too. The Boston Bruins coach was the special guest instructor for a youth team that won a charity raffle for his services. He helped direct Winthrop to a 3-2 victory over Watertown. "I had a lot of fun today," the 52-year-old Julien said. "It certainly brought back a lot of memories." Julien addressed the team made up of 8- and 9-year-olds before and after the game. He also met with the other team and signed autographs for as long as it took for everyone to get items signed. While everyone enjoyed the experience, Julien is anxious to return to his regular job. NHL owners have locked out the players for the third time since Commissioner Gary Bettman took office in 1993, including a work stoppage that cancelled the entire 2004-05 season. "Thats something I have no control about," Julien said. "Unfortunately, Im just a bystander like everybody else, waiting for the signal to go back to work - and thats all I know and thats all I can say. "Like anybody else, I think the fans want to see hockey back. Im no different and I think the people that are involved in those negotiations want the same thing as well. That should be underlined." Julien isnt permitted to talk to his players, but he has heard about some Bruins who got "banged up" playing over in Europe. Goalie Tuukka Rask injured his groin, and Julien was asked about upper body injuries for Rask and Patrice Bergeron. "Thats going to happen," said Julien, who was coaching Montreal when the 2004-05 season was wiped out by the labour dispute. "Our players are banged up all year long. You knock on wood and you hope that nothing serious happens. Being banged up is part of the process. I wouldnt expect them to all come out of there with absolutely nothing because that means they didnt get involved much. "What they do over there is of their choice. They have to live with the consequences and so do we. At the end of the day you hope that when we start over again everybodys healthy and were a fresh team." While he waits, Julien has to stay busy with other things - and Sunday he was the prize in a Bruins Foundation raffle. "To be honest with you, for me today is a day about being here with the kids and making the most of the situation," he said. "Thats what Ive tried to do. (I) came in here and enjoyed a real fun hockey game. Thats all you can do in these situations, is take advantage of whats given to you and for me its an opportunity to get involved a little bit with youth hockey and give back." The Bruins went out of their way to make the experience a memorable one for the youth players, who received Bruins shirts with their names on the back. Team strength and conditioning coach John Whiteside put the players through stretching, and the kids even had to sign a "contract," which entered them into a deal with Bruins president Cam Neely. "This is awesome," said Steve Indrisano, the actual coach of the team that won its first game of the season Saturday and won again Sunday. "Were giddy. This is great." cheap nfl jerseys china . Akers made four field goals to give him 42 this season, most in league history, and San Francisco eliminated Seattle from post-season contention by holding off the Seahawks 19-17 on Saturday. cheap jerseys from china . The Reds scored the go-ahead run in the top of the 10th on a wild pitch, but closer Aroldis Chapman gave up Asdrubal Cabreras two-run homer with one out in the bottom of the inning that sent Cincinnati to a 3-2 loss. http://www.comcheapjerseys.com/ . The news comes just a week after the NHL announced the cancellation of Septembers preseason games. The rest of the exhibition schedule ran from October 1 through October 8. wholesale jerseys . The Impact now has 20 players under contract for the 2013 season. The club exercised its option on goalkeeper Evan Bush, defenders Jeb Brovsky, Hassoun Camara, Dennis Iapichino, Calum Mallace, Zarek Valentin and Karl W. jerseys from china . Salvador Perez also hit a two-run homer for the Royals, who won their sixth straight against the White Sox. Chicago hit three home runs: Alexei Ramirez hit a two-run shot and Dewayne Wise and A.The Edmonton Eskimos have decided to start a familiar face in Toronto when they take on the Argonauts in Sundays Eastern Semi-Final. Former Argonaut Cory Boyd is listed as the starter on the Eskimos depth chart while Hugh Charles will back him up. Boyd was released by the Argonauts earllier this season and signed by the Eskimos.dddddddddddd. Charles, who led the team in rushing with 887 yards, missed the last two games of the regular season due to a right knee injury but was medically cleared to play earlier this week. Canadian Jerome Messam will not play. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes