Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

etting a bye into the second round. "Hes the best ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

etting a bye into the second round. "Hes the best player in the world, th

Started by lili, 2014/04/24 08:39AM
Latest post: 2014/04/24 08:39AM, Views: 302, Posts: 1
etting a bye into the second round. "Hes the best player in the world,...
#1   2014/04/24 08:39AM
lili
OTTAWA -- Olympic champion Eric Lamaze will lead the five-athlete Canadian show jumping team at the London Games this summer. Lamaze and his student Tiffany Foster, both from Schomberg, Ont., were nominated Friday along with Yann Candele of Caledon, Ont., Ottawa native Jill Henselwood and Ian Millar of Perth, Ont. Lamaze became the first Canadian equestrian athlete to win an individual Olympic gold medal. He finished first at the 2008 Games in Beijing. Lamaze is in the unique position of being nominated with two horses, Derly Chin de Muze and Verdi. Both horses are new to Lamaze, having been acquired in December 2011 following the death of his Olympic championship partner, Hickstead, a month earlier. The final decision on which horse Lamaze will ride will be made by July 4. "Both horses are young, but I really like them both," Lamaze said in a release. "I think I can definitely help the Canadian team be in contention and hopefully win a medal. Individually, I am dealing with younger horses and anything can happen. I do feel like I could have successfully defended the gold medal with Hickstead, but these are both great horses and anything is possible. "For sure this year is important with the Olympics, but the most important thing is that both of these horses have big futures in front of them and are going to go on to have incredible careers." Lamaze also helped Canada claim the team silver medal in Beijing, only the second Olympic team medal in its history. Cheap Jerseys NFL . -- The Oakland Raiders thin receiving corps got a boost Thursday when Denarius Moore returned to practice from an injury and the team signed Derek Hagan. Wholesale Jerseys From China . The 20-year-old Tomic dominated the first set, but the big-serving Anderson won 24 of 26 points on his serve in the second and played more aggressively than his opponent as he tried to get back into the match. http://www.nflwholesalecheap... . Foster, the NFLs leading rusher in 2010, has a sore knee and Reed has a sore hip. Foster, who sat out last years opener with a left hamstring injury, says his knee just needed rest. He wouldnt specify which knee was hurt. [url=http://www.nflwholesalecheapjerseysonline.com/]Wholesale Jerseys . Linebacker Marcellus Bowman could be back in the lineup for the first time this season when Winnipeg meets the Montreal Alouettes this Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . "We come here to win just like we do every other racetrack," he said. "Its just worked out the last three times.DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Roger Federer is on a losing streak for the second time in four months. The top-ranked Federer, who won three Grand Slam titles last year but has struggled since the U.S. Open, lost to Andy Murray 6-7 (6), 6-3, 6-4 on Monday in the first round of the Dubai Tennis Championships. "My expectations are not sky-high at this point," said Federer, who was playing for the first time since losing to Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open semifinals Jan. 25. "Obviously, I havent played much so you dont go in with any expectations, actually. You hope to get past the first round, no matter if its a guy with no ranking or a guy ranked basically in the top 10." After winning his 12th Grand Slam title at last years U.S. Open, Federer lost to David Nalbandian in the Madrid Masters final. The Swiss star then won the Swiss Indoors, but lost to Nalbandian in the third round of the Paris Masters and followed that with a round-robin loss to Fernando Gonzalez in his opening match at the ATP Masters Cup, which Federer eventually won. On Monday, Federer said he felt rusty. "Missing forehands by two or three metres - its just not possible," Federer said. "I gave him the mistakes today." Playing Murray, who is ranked 11th in the world and beat Federer at the Cincinnati Masters two years ago, in the first round didnt make things any easier on Federer. "It was always going to be a tough draw. I knew that from the start," Federer said. "Hes played many matches already this season whhereas obviously I come in a little bit cold.dddddddddddd "Of course, I wish I would have maybe had a little bit easier draw, but under the circumstances I felt I played OK. It wasnt a bad match, which is the only positive thing out of tonight." Murray has already won two ATP titles this season, and he now leads Federer 2-1 in his career. "Anytime you get to play someone like Roger, it is an honour to be on the same court as him," Murray said. "Each time I play him I step my game up and play pretty well, and I played really well today and served great." Federer, who won the Dubai tournament four times in the last five years, had not lost in the first round of a tournament since his defeat to Dominik Hrbaty in the 2004 Cincinnati Masters. Last year, Federer lost his opening match at the Pacific Life Open to Guillermo Canas after getting a bye into the second round. "Hes the best player in the world, theres no question," Murray said. "The most important thing is to believe that you can win the match." Murray held serve throughout and broke Federer in the sixth game of the second set. He broke Federers serve again to take a 3-2 lead in the third. The British player served out the match at love. Fabrice Santoro of France also advanced, beating last years finalist, Mikhail Youzhny of Russia, 6-3, 6-4. Fourth-seeded David Ferrer of Spain advanced by beating Tommy Haas of Germany 6-3, 6-0, and seventh-seeded Richard Gasquet of France defeated Dmitry Tursunov of Russia 6-4, 6-4. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes