Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

workouts," Garland said. "I am humbled t - Off Top...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

workouts," Garland said. "I am humbled t

Started by zake201, 2014/04/24 11:16AM
Latest post: 2014/04/24 11:16AM, Views: 270, Posts: 1
workouts," Garland said. "I am humbled t
#1   2014/04/24 11:16AM
zake201
CALGARY -- The Saskatchewan Roughriders first visit to McMahon Stadium this CFL season comes at a crucial time for the club. The Grey Cup finalist the last two seasons is in danger of missing the playoffs. Saskatchewan (4-8) needs the win Saturday a lot more than Calgary (7-5), although the Stampeders would argue after losing three of their last four they want the victory just as much. You can watch the game live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt. "Unfortunately we dug ourselves into a pretty steep hole with the way we started the season, but anything can happen in this league and theres six weeks left," Roughrider quarterback Darian Durant said Friday. "Were not out of this thing mathematically and we still have a shot." Both teams are coming off demoralizing losses in Week 13. Saskatchewan fell 42-5 to B.C. and Calgary dropped a 55-36 decision to Hamilton in Touchdown Atlantic in Moncton. The Roughriders draw on what positives they can heading into Saturdays game. Theyve won three of four since Greg Marshall was fired and Ken Miller resumed head coaching duties. Under Miller, Saskatchewan has beaten Calgary in the West Division final at McMahon two consecutive years. "We havent had the greatest success against them in the playoffs, so it would be nice to sort of keep them from getting there," Calgary running back Jon Cornish said. While Rider Nation is present across CFL cities, theyre especially prevalent in Calgary where the number of green jerseys in the stands rival red on game day. There were autograph seekers outside McMahon while Saskatchewan conducted their walk-through on the field Friday. "By this time, weve usually been out here at least once or twice," Durant said. "But its good to come out here when the season is changing and get a little cool air out here. When it gets cool, thats when our Rider Nation stands up so were looking forward to having them out here in full force tomorrow." Calgary wants to give its own fans more to cheer about at McMahon, where its 2-4. The Stampeders won both games in Regina earlier this season and host the Riders both Saturday and Oct. 21. "Weve got them two more times, but its an opportunity for us to bury the Riders because theyre holding onto a slim playoff spot now as far as their chances," Calgary quarterback Henry Burris said. "Theres so many big things riding on this game for us, but the most important part is to get back in sync, the way we want to be playing going into the final month of the season. September wasnt a good month for us, only winning one game." Its been a tense week for the Stamps as head coach John Hufnagel publicly questioned his teams mental toughness after the loss in Moncton. Calgary has given up 52 points in turnovers in its last four games, compared to 14 in its first eight. The Stamps also lead the league in penalty yards (1,169). "The amount of turnovers we have and the undisciplined play have led to the reasons why we havent won," Hufnagel said. "In both of those categories, I believe it is a mental thing." Hufnagels decision to make running back Joffrey Reynolds a healthy scratch in Moncton raised eyebrows. The 30-year-old was the CFLs top rusher in 2008 and 2009, although Reynolds is averaging a career-low 4.8 yards per carry this season. Eyebrows are disappearing into hairlines with Hufnagels decision to keep Reynolds on the sidelines again Saturday. Cornish, a non-import who had 84 yards on nine carries in Moncton, will get the majority of carries Saturday. LaMarcus Cokers 75-yard touchdown run in Moncton -- the longest in the league this season -- came on his first carry in a CFL game. That play likely kept the 25-year-old from going back onto Calgarys practice roster. "If I would have went out there and didnt really make a difference, there would be no reason to keep sitting Joffrey," Coker said. "Thats a Hall of Fame player. You just dont sit him for nothing." Coke said Hamilton linebacker Renauld Williams asked him "No. 41. Who are you?" in Moncton just prior to his scoring run. "I showed him," Coker said. "We actually didnt exchange any more words, but I think hell remember my name from here on out." Roughrider receiver Andy Fantuz will not play Saturday because of a high-ankle sprain. The CFLs outstanding Canadian player last season practised in Regina this week, but not well enough for Miller. "I think its in his best interest to have another few days of rest and another full week of practice before he plays," Miller said. Notes: Saskatchewan will have defensive back Lance Frazier back in the lineup. He sat out last Saturdays game with a hamstring injury . . . The Stampeders have agreed to a six-year extension with QR77 Radio, which will broadcast games until the end of the 2017 season . . . The Stampeders and Salvation Army are asking fans to bring new or gently-used coats or make a cash donation in the annual coat drive Saturday. wholesale jerseys from china .C. -- Carolina Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller says he will experiment this preseason with putting brothers Jordan and Eric Staal on the ice together. cheapjerseys.com . Tsonga, the No. 5 seed, handled Russian Andrey Kuznetsov 1-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 at the worlds lone clay-court major. Tsonga hasnt fared well at his native Grand Slam as a pair of fourth-round appearances are his best results in four previous visits. http://www.comcheapjerseys.com/ . Harden had 31 points and seven assists to lead the Rockets to a 104-92 victory over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night. cheap nfl jerseys . -- The Tampa Bay Rays, still feeling the effects from Mondays 15-inning, 5-hour loss to the Oakland Athletics, have called up right-handed reliever Josh Lueke. wholesale jerseys . Thats all that separated Real Quiet from racing immortality.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Defensive tackle Ben Garland has rejoined the Denver Broncos for off-season workouts after getting an early release from his commitment to the U.S. Air Force. Garland was a training camp phenom two years ago, impressing the coaches with his work ethic and regularly outracing even quarterback Tim Tebow in post-practice wind sprints. He was placed on the reserve/military list after training camp in 2010 and began serving his five-year military commitment. He was serving at the Air Mobility Command, headquartered at Scott Air Force Base in Illinoiis east of St.dddddddddddd Louis. Garland told The Associated Press he was allowed to return to the NFL through a program that allows servicemen to cut short their commitment after two years for a career that would benefit the Air Force in recruiting or public affairs. "I have saved my leave for two years so I could attend the off-season workouts," Garland said. "I am humbled to have this opportunity and love being back in Colorado." Garland totalled 115 tackles, 11 1/2 sacks and three forced fumbles in 39 games at the Air Force Academy. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes