Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ame by former - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ame by former

Started by zake201, 2014/04/25 03:37AM
Latest post: 2014/04/25 03:37AM, Views: 278, Posts: 1
ame by former
#1   2014/04/25 03:37AM
zake201
BALTIMORE -- A crazy, back-and-forth duel that began in daylight and ended well after nightfall was decided by a slump-ridden shortstop and a veteran making his season debut. Taylor Teagarden ended his first game with the Baltimore Orioles in stunning fashion, hitting a two-run homer in the 13th inning that sealed an 8-6 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. Teagardens shot off Joaquin Benoit (1-2) followed a solo drive by J.J. Hardy, who snapped an 0-for-28 skid with a drive into the left-field seats. "It was a long time since Ive hit a ball hard," Hardy said. "It felt good." Hardys homer set the table for the game-winner. After Benoit hit Adam Jones with a pitch with two outs, Teagarden homered over the right-field wall to put an end to the game and Detroits six-game winning streak. The Orioles needed 4 hours, 43 minutes to secure their 10th straight extra-inning win. Had the game not gone beyond the ninth inning, Teagarden would not have even played. Activated off the 60-day disabled list before the game, Teagarden entered after starting catcher Matt Wieters left for a pinch runner in the 10th. After striking out in his first at-bat, Teagarden played the heros role in the 13th and was mobbed by his teammates after crossing the plate. "Ive been thinking about this day for a while," he said. "It has been somewhat of a grind for me this year, so just being in this clubhouse and among these guys, it means the world right now." Kevin Gregg (3-2) got the last out in the 13th to get the win. Despite the defeat, Tigers manager Jim Leyland knew he watched something special. "Oh boy, what a game," he said. "It was terrific effort, and just an unbelievable game. That was major league baseball at its best. Two teams going at each other. Both teams coming back. Nobody giving up on either side. It doesnt get any better than that." The Orioles got a run in the 11th after the Tigers scored in the top half, then rallied again in the 13th after Quintin Berry put Detroit ahead 6-5 with a two-out RBI single. Baltimore improved to 35-0 when leading after eight innings, but it sure wasnt easy. Up 4-1 entering the ninth, Baltimore turned to All-Star closer Jim Johnson. Instead, the Tigers scored three runs to hand Johnson his second blown save in 28 opportunities. Miguel Cabrera led off with a single, and with one out Delmon Young reached when third baseman Ryan Flaherty, a defensive replacement, botched a potential game-ending, double-play grounder. Jhonny Peralta singled in a run and Brennan Boesch hit an RBI double before pinch hitter Alex Avila struck out. Berry followed with a single to left to score the tying run, but Boesch was thrown out at the plate by left fielder Endy Chavez, a defensive replacement whose presence paid off. In the top of the 11th, Prince Fielder and Delmon Young hit successive singles off Miguel Socolovich, who was working a second inning in his major league debut. With two outs and runners on the corners, Avila laced a soft liner to centre off Troy Patton. But Baltimore tied it against Detroit closer Jose Valverde in the bottom half, getting a two-out RBI single from Jones. Robert Andino homered and Nick Markakis hit a career-high three doubles for the Orioles, who snapped a three-game skid. Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen allowed two hits and two walks in six innings and left with a three-run lead, but the bullpen cost the Taiwanese left-hander a chance to end a three-game losing streak. After giving up an RBI double to Fielder in the first inning, Chen retired the next 15 Detroit batters before walking Ramon Santiago with two outs in the sixth. Cabrera followed with a single before Chen concluded his sparkling outing by retiring Fielder on a foul ball to right. Chen outpitched Detroit starter Max Scherzer, who gave up four runs and nine hits in five innings. Detroit got a first-inning run when Austin Jackson drew a leadoff walk and scored on Fielders 20th double of the season. The Orioles used doubles by Markakis and Jim Thome to tie it in the bottom half. Baltimore went up 3-1 in the second when Andino, the No. 9 hitter, connected with a man on. Singles by Jones and Wieters preceded a run-scoring grounder by Chris Davis in the fourth. NOTES: The Orioles unveiled a statue of former pitcher Jim Palmer in the picnic area beyond centre field. Palmer is depicted in mid-motion, with his left leg high in the air and right arm poised to throw. He is the third of the teams six Hall of Fame members to be honoured during the 20th anniversary of Camden Yards. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter says RHP Chris Tillman, who was scheduled to pitch Sunday, experienced back spasms and will instead start Monday in Minnesota. Rookie Miguel Gonzalez will move up a day and start Sunday. Justin Verlander will start for Detroit in the series finale. ... Orioles RHP Jason Hammel (knee) will miss his next start, Showalter said. ... Jackson went 0 for 6, ending his career-high 16-game hitting streak. Ray Ban Aviators Sunglasses . Even though he had never pitched above the Double-A level, the right-hander kept the mindset that it was just a game with a better defence and offence on his side. ray ban outlet . And while it doesnt always work out, these 17-, 18-, and 19-year-olds will have at least given fans, the media, and NHL scouts something to get excited about over a two-week stretch at the turn of the year. http://www.officialraybansun... . -- The Diamondbacks reinstated outfielder Chris Young from the disabled list and optioned A. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]officialraybansunglassesoutl... . Richard Nieuwenhuizen collapsed and was rushed to the hospital hours after players from Amsterdam club Nieuw Sloten punched and kicked him. Nieuwenhuizens club, Buitenboys, said the 41-year-old linesman died Monday night but did not announce the exact cause of death. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2012. And TSNs reporters and analysts who covered the events as they happened offer their personal reflections on the stories. LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers are off to their best start since 1999. One of the reasons is a new and improved Chad Billingsley. Another is Juan Rivera, whose bat manager Don Mattingly will be able to enjoy in the middle of his lineup for a full season this time around to complement Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp. Billingsley pitched six sharp innings, Ethier hit an RBI single for his second go-ahead hit in two days and Rivera had a pair of RBI singles among his three hits, leading the Dodgers to a 4-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night. Billingsley (2-0) allowed five hits -- including a home run by Clint Barmes -- struck out four and walked none to help the Dodgers improve to 5-1. The 27-year-old right-hander, in the second year of a four-year contract that will pay him more than $41 million, pitched 8 1-3 innings of three-hit ball and struck out 11 last Friday in a 6-0 win at San Diego. "Hes going out there and pitching," Ethier said. "He really trusts his stuff. Hes pounding the strike zone and making guys miss. And when he gets in a jam, he figures out a way to get out of it -- either with a big double-play ball or by forcing contact with a guy and coming out on top. Its nice to play defence behind him because theres not too many balls hit to you." Billingsley is 6-1 lifetime against Pittsburgh with a 3.83 ERA. Pirates catcher Rod Barajas, who was a teammate of Billingsleys the previous two seasons, has a feeling that this could be a breakout year for his ex-batterymate. "I think he just needs to be aggressive. If he works in the strike zone and makes those hitters swing the bat, I think hell be fine," Barajas said. "A lot of times last year hed walk some guys, then get behind in the count and have to come in with the fastball. But it he stays aggressive, throws strikes and pounds that zone, hes going to be good enough to dominate." Matt Guerrier and Kenley Jansen each pitched a scoreless inning and Javy Guerra worked a perfect ninth for his fourth straight save. Rivera singled home Mark Ellis in the third and Dee Gordon in the seventh. "Having Rivera there going back-and-forth in that four and five spot gives us the best look every day and adds a llittle more thump in big RBI situations," Ethier said.dddddddddddd. Erik Bedard (0-2) gave up two runs and eight hits in five-plus innings and struck out three. The Canadian-born left-hander, looking for his first NL victory, was coming off a 1-0 loss to Philadelphia ace Roy Halladay last Thursday at Pittsburgh. "I thought he did well. He mixed up his pitches and gave up some tough hits, but he was able to work his way out of it most of the time," Barajas said. "Thats what you like about him. He competes and he never gives in. He believes in himself and that makes it easier for me to call the game, because I know I can put down whatever signs and hes comfortable throwing it. The only thing we didnt really have working for us tonight was the changeup. He never seemed to get a feel for it." The Dodgers opened the sixth with singles by Kemp and Rivera, whose slow bouncer to the right of the mound deflected off Bedards glove as he tried to backhand it. Ethier -- who hit a go-ahead homer in the eighth inning of Tuesdays home opener -- lined a 3-1 pitch the other way to left field, scoring Kemp and giving the Dodgers a 2-1 lead. "I kind of gave away an at-bat my second time up when I was in an RBI situation and didnt make the most of it," Ethier said. "So I just tried to make it simple my next time up. Fortunately, I worked myself into a good hitters count, used my hands and got a good pitch over the middle of the plate." James Loney pinch hit for Billingsley later in the sixth with the bases loaded against Tony Watson and went 0 for 2, making him hitless in his first 16 at-bats -- the longest season-opening drought of his seven-year career. In 2008, he hit safely in his first 15 games. NOTES: Nancy Bea Hefley, who succeeded Helen Dell as Dodger Stadiums organist in 1988, will get her first opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before Saturday nights game against San Diego. ... Clayton Kershaw was presented with his Cy Young Award on the field before the game by former Dodger Fernando Valenzuela, who won it in 1981 as a rookie. ... The security people on the field were wearing batting helmets during batting practice -- a new directive instituted by Major League Baseball for all ballparks. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes