Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

like a second family," Alonso - Off Topic Forum. ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

like a second family," Alonso

Started by zake201, 2014/04/25 03:38AM
Latest post: 2014/04/25 03:38AM, Views: 286, Posts: 1
like a second family," Alonso
#1   2014/04/25 03:38AM
zake201
LIVERPOOL, England -- Arsenal claimed its first Premier League victory and consigned Liverpool to its worst start to a season in 50 years with a 2-0 win at Anfield on Sunday, courtesy of goals by the visitors two big summer signings. Santi Cazorla slipped in Lukas Podolski for the Germany forwards opener in the 31st minute before the roles were reversed, with the Spain midfielder finding the net with a low 68th-minute shot that deflected in off goalkeeper Pepe Reinas elbow. They were Arsenals first goals of the new campaign and a third straight clean sheet lifted Arsene Wengers team into the top half of the standings. "The sharpness gets better from game to game but overall we looked solid," Wenger said. "We had a convincing team performance." Liverpool, which failed to add some much-needed signings to the squad on Fridays transfer deadline day, stayed in the bottom four with one point from three games under new manager Brendan Rodgers. That equaled the unwanted record of Bill Shanklys newly promoted side in the 1962-63 season. Two days after failing in their bid to sign free-scoring forward Clint Dempsey from Fulham, the hosts lack of attacking power was evident, with strikers Luis Suarez and Fabio Borini unable to create any noteworthy chances. New signing Nuri Sahin was subdued in midfield, too. It doesnt get any easier for Liverpool either, with an away match at Sunderland and then fierce rival Manchester United at home coming up after the two-week international break. "Im disappointed with the scoreline because I thought we contributed very well to the game," Rodgers said. "I cant question the players attitudes. Their commitment has been brilliant since Ive been here. "Weve got what weve got," Rodgers added of his squad. "Well assess it again in January. Its something that I cant control now." For Arsenal, however, there are signs that all is not lost after the summer departures of striker Robin van Persie and holding midfielder Alex Song -- arguably its two best players last season. Cazorla, the Spain playmaker, has slotted in well in midfield, where fit-again Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta had excellent games alongside him. And in Podolski, the Gunners have a forward who has an eye for goal like Van Persie and who can hopefully bring the best out of fellow attacker Olivier Giroud, who remains without a goal but had an encouraging display. Podolskis goal came after Steven Gerrard lost possession carelessly in Arsenals half. The German passed to Cazorla to start the counterattack, racing forward to receive a neat pass and slip a low left-footed finish past Reina. Giroud wasted a great chance four minutes before the break, before Arsenal was forced to weather some concerted pressure at the start of the second half. Liverpool couldnt turn its dominance into goals, though, and the visitors made them pay. Cazorla drifted across the pitch, switched the ball to Podolski and took the return pass before scoring. "The whole team have had a strong game," said Diaby, the France international who looks set for a regular place in Arsenals midfield if he can stay free of injury. "We need to keep going." Cheap Jerseys . Song posed for the traditional photo in front of the clubs insignia before passing a medical examination and meeting with Barcelona President Sandro Rosell. "Im very happy to be here because everyone knows that this is the best team in the world," said Song. Cheap Jerseys From China ." But the Toronto Blue Jays are banking heavily on R.A. Dickeys dancing knuckleball leading them back to the baseball playoffs. http://www.nfljerseysch... . U.S. District Judge Ginger Berrigan also said the season-long suspension of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma was excessive and that she would be inclined to rule in his favour if she were certain she had jurisdiction to do so. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]Cheap Jerseys China . The Braves have won 22 straight games started by Kris Medlen, who will take the mound today. Medlens only loss this season came in relief. The right- hander, in his first full season following Tommy John surgery, threw seven innings in a no-decision against the Marlins on Tuesday. NFL Jerseys China . The Eastern Conference Finals shift to Boston tonight for Game 3, with Rondo and his Celtics staring glumly at an 0-2 hole after a 115-111 overtime loss in Game 2.MARANELLO, Italy -- Ferrari has extended Fernando Alonsos contract through to the end of 2016 and the Spanish driver says he will finish his career with the Italian team. "It is a great pleasure to have renewed our agreement with a driver who has always demonstrated a winning mentality even in the most difficult circumstances," Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said Thursday. "Fernando has all the required qualities, both technically and personally to play a leading role in the history of Ferrari and I hope he will be enriching it with further wins very soon." Alonso joined Ferrari from Renault and nearly won the Formula One title last year in his first season with the Italian team. After a slow start to the year, he entered the final racce leading the drivers standings but Red Bulls Sebastian Vettel won the title instead after a series of strategic errors by Ferrari.dddddddddddd Ferrari has also had a slow start this season. Alonso is fifth in the drivers standings and teammate Felipe Massa is sixth through four races. Alonsos home Spanish Grand Prix takes place this weekend in Barcelona. "I immediately felt comfortable within Ferrari and now it feels to me like a second family," Alonso said. "I have the utmost faith in the men and women who work in Maranello and in those who lead them. "It is therefore natural for me to decide to extend my relationship in the long term like this, with a team at which I will no doubt end my Formula One career one day." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes