Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

elin, Englands Lee Slattery and Matthew Baldwin, I...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

elin, Englands Lee Slattery and Matthew Baldwin, Italys Matteo Manassero, Denmarks Soren Kjeldsen, Finlands Mikko Illonen, South

Started by lili, 2014/04/25 08:32AM
Latest post: 2014/04/25 08:32AM, Views: 346, Posts: 1
elin, Englands Lee Slattery and Matthew Baldwin, Italys Matteo Manasse...
#1   2014/04/25 08:32AM
lili
SURREY, B.C. -- B.C. Lions general manager Wally Buono says the team and Khalif Mitchell are embarrassed after the defensive lineman posted a racial slur on Twitter earlier this week. While tweeting about Tuesdays U.S. presidential debate, Mitchell posted a message with a term that is derogatory toward Chinese. He later apologized for using the word, saying he didnt know it was offensive. "This is obviously an embarrassing moment for all of us," Buono told reporters Thursday as the Lions held a walk-through in preparation for Fridays game against the Edmonton Eskimos. "I know it is for Khalif. For him, this is not who he wants people to think that he is. You can really sense (his) embarrassment." The 27-year-old from Virginia Beach, Va., was due to return from injury on Friday night but the Lions chose to keep him off the active roster after the league fined him an undisclosed amount. "When you look at it, there had to be consequences," said Buono. "As a club, we stand for certain things." As reporters were arriving at the Lions training facility, Mitchell was walking away. He did not work out with the club. Mitchell will be paid as usual by the Lions, who chose to discipline him even though his absence could hurt their chances of clinching first place in the West Division and home-field advantage in the playoffs along with a first-round bye. Lions running back Andrew Harris said Mitchell, a self-trained classical pianist who is known for being a gentle giant off the field and vicious on it, has embarrassed the entire team. "Its kind of putting a black mark on the B.C. Lions right now," he said. Its not the first time Mitchell has been in trouble this season. Earlier, he served a two-game suspension for hyperextending the elbow of Edmonton Eskimos offensive lineman Simeon Rottier. He was also fined for making a throat-slashing gesture in another game against the Eskimos. B.C. coach Mike Benevides hopes Mitchell and everyone learns a lesson from the latest incident. "Right now, its about making people understand that you cant do that," said Benevides. The coach added that enough has been said about Mitchells discipline, because the league and team have taken action and the lineman has apologized. However, Benevides wants the dialogue on curbing racism to continue. "The more we deal with it and talk about it, I think well be better off for it -- all of us," said Benevides. cheap nfl jerseys china . Even with speculation swirling around the Vancouver Canucks uncertain goaltending situation, Schneider doesnt appear to be in any rush to see it resolved. cheap jerseys from china . The Cubs did not. Ryan Dempster of Gibsons, B.C., pitched four-hit ball over eight scoreless innings, and Chicago overcame another shaky performance by its closer to beat Florida 2-1 Friday, snapping the Marlins season-high, six-game winning streak. http://www.jerseysfromchinac... . The Toronto Raptors agreed to terms on an extension with the swingman ahead of Wednesdays midnight deadline, and just before the Raptors 90-88 loss to the Indiana Pacers in the season-opener for both teams. [url=http://www.jerseysfromchinacheapwholesale.com/]jerseys from china . Regarded as the fastest man on a bike, the road world champion has not been as successful this year as in previous Tours, as he and his teammates are working to help Wiggins rather than secure stage wins for Cavendish. wholesale jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla.WALTON HEATH, England -- Alex Noren of Sweden qualified for the U.S. Open for the second straight year, while past and present European Ryder Cup captains Colin Montgomerie and Jose Maria Olazabal failed to do so. Noren shot rounds of 67 and 68 in the 36-hole, qualifying tournament Monday. He joined Marc Warren of Scotland (70, 65) at 11 under as the leading players of the 11 qualifiers at Walton Heath. "I went through this qualifying last year. It proved a turnaround in my season because I have always wanted to play a U.S. Open," Noren said. "I played Congressional last year where Rory (McIlroy) won and played all four rounds, so I was really pleased. Its just great to be going back again." Warren will make his debutt at a major after two prior attempts, in 2007 and 2008, to qualify from Walton Heath.dddddddddddd "I couldnt be more happy and really looking forward to the championship," he said. The other qualifiers were: Frances Gregory Bourdy and Raphael Jacquelin, Englands Lee Slattery and Matthew Baldwin, Italys Matteo Manassero, Denmarks Soren Kjeldsen, Finlands Mikko Illonen, South Africas George Coetzee and Irelands Peter Lawrie. Montgomerie revealed he made a 900-mile round trip on Sunday from Wentworth to the Scottish Open so he could use a new putter at Walton Heath. The Scot, who led Europe to victory in the 2010 Ryder Cup, shot 68 and 70. Olazabal shot 67 and 74. The U.S. Open is June 14-17 at Olympic Club in San Francisco. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes