Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

id because I really fell in love with the sport." ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

id because I really fell in love with the sport." E

Started by zake201, 2014/04/26 04:11AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 04:11AM, Views: 319, Posts: 1
id because I really fell in love with the sport." E
#1   2014/04/26 04:11AM
zake201
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers could learn a thing or two from Eli Manning when it comes to finishing games. After losing six games last season in which they were either tied or leading in the fourth quarter, the Panthers are still learning how to put away an opponent. Its a skill Manning has pretty much mastered. Manning, whom the Panthers will face Thursday night when they host the New York Giants, has become one of the leagues most proficient "finishers," on par with former greats Dan Marino and John Elway. Manning has engineered 26 fourth-quarter comeback wins for the Giants, five of those in the post-season. He had an NFL-record seven fourth-quarter comebacks last season, including one on the biggest stage of all when he led the Giants to a come-from-behind victory against New England in the Super Bowl. "I mean, the guy is Captain Comeback," said Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn. And hes at it again. Mannings latest mini-miracle came Sunday when he shrugged off three second-quarter interceptions and led the Giants back from a 14-point deficit with three fourth-quarter touchdowns to beat the pesky Buccaneers 41-34, adding to his growing legacy by throwing for 510 yards. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Manning has the perfect mentality to handle pressure situations. "He might make a mistake and I might be ranting and raving about it, but it doesnt get him down," Coughlin said. "Hes disappointed, but he knows enough and he has enough mental toughness that he moves on to the very next play and doesnt let it affect the next series. And thats a great attribute for a quarterback." Coughlin likens Mannings mentality to Johnny Unitas, another quarterback who was able to put mistakes behind him and move forward. Unitas once threw five interceptions in a game against the Chicago Bears on Nov. 11, 1970, but still managed to find a way to lead the Colts to a 21-20 victory. "You have to have that ability where you can put it behind you because you cant afford to not think about whats going on in the current series or the next play or whatever," Coughlin said. "He has that ability. ... And the guys around him trust him and believe in him, and thats huge." Last years Super Bowl MVP said its all about confidence and playing fearless. "You cant get gun-shy or be scared to throw an interception," Manning said. "You know you have to make better decisions, but you still have to be confident in your own ability." The Panthers (1-1) could use a little bit of Mannings killer instinct in the fourth quarter. In the season opener, the Panthers couldnt put together a drive in the fourth quarter and lost 16-10 to Tampa Bay. Even in last weeks 35-27 win over New Orleans, the Panthers struggled to put away the Saints. They went three-and-out on their last two offensive possessions, giving Drew Brees a chance to tie the game with less than two minutes remaining. It wasnt until Jon Beasons interception that the Panthers could finally breathe easy. "Offensively, we could have done a better job finishing. We put our defence in a bad situation," Cam Newton said. "If we would have finished the way were capable of, they wouldnt have had the ball. All we needed was one first down. If we got the first down, we knee it three times and the game is over. Thats something we need to shore up." The Manning-Newton matchup is intriguing, especially with both defences only having three days to prepare. "If we had two weeks to prepare for them, it would be a challenge," Coughlin said of the Panthers. The Panthers have a variety of formations under offensive co-ordinator Rob Chudzinski and run the zone read option -- a play where Newton sticks the ball in the gut of a running back and then gives the ball off or pulls it away and runs, pitches or throws. Its a scheme the Giants (1-1) arent familiar with, according to defensive end Justin Tuck, who is well aware how foolish Newton can make defenders look. At the same time, Tuck is confident Giants defensive co-ordinator Perry Fewell has a plan in place to slow down Carolina. "He did a great job of putting together a game plan on a short week," Tuck said. "Our plan, if executed, could give them some trouble." After being held to 10 yards rushing in the opener, the Panthers broke out with 219 yards on the ground against the Saints. Newton led the way with 71 yards and a touchdown, while running backs DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert also found the end zone. Fewell said the Giants spent a week in the off-season preparing for the uniqueness of Carolinas offence. He plans to use a spy on Newton, as most teams do. "I think offensively theyre doing some really good things to enhance his athletic ability," Fewell said. "I think the sky is the limit for this guy." Panthers second-year coach Ron Rivera wouldnt downplay the significance of a victory over the defending champions in a nationally televised night game for his clubs confidence -- or the excitement it would bring to the fan base. "This is a big stage for us," Rivera said. "Its been a long time coming that weve played a game like this... Its the type of game that can show that were really making progress. To come back and play really well would speak well as to where were headed as a football team." Cheap Jerseys NFL . The results have been smashing. Gonzalez extended a power surge by hitting three home runs in his last three at-bats, Michael Cuddyer belted a grand slam and Dexter Fowler also homered, leading the Colorado Rockies past the Houston Astros 13-5 on Wednesday night for their third win in a row. NFL Jerseys China . LOUIS -- The St. http://www.nfljerseysch... . Belhandas second strike was a contender for the goal of the season, as he chested down a pass from Giroud on the edge of the penalty area and acrobatically scissor-kicked the ball into the top corner. "Weve got seven games left and if we approach all of them the way we have been doing recently, then we can start to believe," Belhanda said. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]Cheap Jerseys From China .53 million title on Wednesday. Greg Merson emerged with the title before dawn in Las Vegas after a session that proved a showcase for his skills amid the unpredictability of tournament no-limit Texas Hold em. Cheap Jerseys China .C. - Winning a major is the final piece for Tiger Woods to put his game back together.PITTSBURGH -- Winnipeg Jets fans can expect big things from top draft choice Jacob Trouba. The 18-year-old American defenceman, taken ninth overall in Fridays first round of the NHL draft, stands six foot two and weighs 187 pounds. But his father and grandfather are six foot eight and his uncle is seven foot one. Trouba hopes to grow a little more himself. "I want another inch or two, if I can." His immediate goal is to get bigger and stronger. "I like to play physical. Thats something Im really going to need to improve on, playing at the next level." Trouba had some three dozen friends and family in town for the draft. "It was nerve-wracking going though it, but Im excited to get picked, especially to Winnipeg. A great city, a great hockey team," he said. Not too nervous to take a nap before coming to the arena, however. He clearly knows his Manitoba capital after a trip there with the U.S. under-17 team. "We lost. It was disappointing losing, but its a great city. It was pretty cold. Ill have to get the boots out," the native of Rochester, Mich., said with a laugh. "But its a good city and its a cool city." "I know they were pretty excited last year to get a team back," he said of the Winnipeg fans. "Theyre a great hockey city and have been in the past. .. Im excited to be a Jet." Trouba is headed to the University of Michigan this fall. "Im exited to get my education under way and play with coach (Red) Berenson," he said.dddddddddddd He becomes the first draftee to wear the Jets uniform. Last year, they wore generic jerseys. "Hes someone that obviously has good size and plays the game with an edge," said general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff. "Has good character, has been a captain over the course of his playing days. Someone that has an enthusiasm for the game and we believe is going to grow into a very tough guy to play against." Trouba clearly has a good head on his shoulders already, knowing that stepping onto the stage Friday at the Consol Energy Center doesnt mean that much. "Youve got to realize that its only the first step. Youre not really accomplishing anything getting drafted by Winnipeg. My goal is to play in the NHL and play in Winnipeg." Trouba likes watching Nashvilles Shea Weber play and, growing up near Detroit, used to enjoy Nicklas Lidstrom. He admitted that he didnt think much of hockey at first, after tagging along with his brother T.J. He started skating at age four. "At first, I really didnt like it all and I was crying but my dad kind of made me stick it out with a little tough love. Good thing he did because I really fell in love with the sport." Especially when hitting was allowed. He was about 11 or 12 at the time. "I was one of the bigger guys back then, yeah. Then I kind of fell off. Now Im starting to be one of the bigger guys again." Just how big remains to be seen. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes