Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

neral. The four who spoke talked about the evil a ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

neral. The four who spoke talked about the evil a

Started by zake201, 2014/04/26 04:11AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 04:11AM, Views: 287, Posts: 1
neral. The four who spoke talked about the evil a
#1   2014/04/26 04:11AM
zake201
(Sports Network) - Ricky Romero takes another shot at earning his first victory since June tonight when the Blue Jays open their final road trip of the season in New York against the Yankees. The Blue Jays just wrapped up a 2-4 homestand in which they won twice to avoid three-game sweeps. That was the case on Sunday in a 5-0 victory over the Boston Red Sox that featured six scoreless innings from Brandon Morrow. "I found a rhythm, found a groove and finished up nicely," Morrow said. The curious case of Romeros regression continues tonight with the Toronto lefty looking to avoid a 14th straight losing decision. Romero, who won 15 games and posted a 2.92 ERA last season, was 8-1 following his last victory on June 22, but has since logged a 7.95 ERA over a 14-start winless drought. His 13 straight losses ties the franchise mark first set by Tom Underwood in 1978-79. The 27-year-old lost his sixth start in a row on Wednesday versus the Seattle Mariners, yielding three runs on eight hits and four walks in four innings of work. "Were going to continue to work with him," Toronto manager John Farrell said. "Were going to continue to finish this year on a positive note and that is our intent going forward." Romero, now 8-14 with a 5.87 ERA in 29 starts this year, has lost five straight decisions to the Yankees. That includes all three starts against them this year while posting a 4.95 ERA. New York has won six of its 11 meetings versus Toronto this season. Though their lead isnt as big as it once was, the New York Yankees continue to sit atop the AL East despite a rash of injuries that have plagued the club all season. The Yankees will have some good news when Andy Pettitte will take the ball in his return to the rotation tonight. New Yorks rotation has had to overcome temporary losses this season of CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova and Pettitte, but the 40-year-olds return puts the starting five back at full strength along with Phil Hughes and Hiroki Kuroda. In addition, the Yanks havent had the services of future Hall-of-Fame closer Mariano Rivera all season, while third baseman Alex Rodriguez and reliever Joba Chamberlain have spent time on the disabled list. First baseman Mark Teixeira and shortstop Derek Jeter are currently battling injury as well, though Jeter was able to serve as the designated hitter in Sundays game versus the Rays despite a nagging injury to his left ankle. The Yankees could certainly use Pettittes veteran experience as they look to stave off a possible collapse for the division title after holding a lead as large as 10 games back on July 18. New York now finds itself in a fight for first place with the charging Baltimore Orioles, who sit a half game back in the standings. Pettitte has been out since suffering a fractured left ankle in a game against the Cleveland Indians on June 27. The lefty went winless in his four starts prior to going on the DL and is 3-3 with a solid 3.22 ERA through nine starts this season, which follows a brief one-year retirement. Pettitte has a wealth of experience versus the Blue Jays, going 21-12 with a 4.16 ERA in 42 meetings, including 41 starts. According to manager Joe Girardi, Pettitte will have a pitch count around 70 but isnt expected to have any kind of limitations. "I think he really has been pretty sharp, considering the layoff that hes had," Girardi said on Sunday of Pettitte. "In the simulated games, I was very pleased with the way he threw the baseball. I expect that to carry over to Tuesday. "Weve been waiting for him to come back." New York kept its hold on first place with a 6-4 win over the Tampa Bay Rays in the rubber match of a three-game set on Monday. Russell Martin capped a five-run third inning with a three-run homer, while Alex Rodriguez knocked in a pair of runs, including one in the third frame. "Patience really paid off," Girardi said about his teams approach in the third inning. "(We) had some really good at-bats." Kuroda struck out 10 in six innings to earn the win, yielding four runs on four hits and two walks. Cheap Jerseys From China Online . Allen was acquired from the Gary SouthShore RailCats along with outfielder Mike Coles late last season in exchange for pitcher Dexter Carter and a player to be named later, which turned out to be outfielder/catcher Kyle Day. Wholesale Jerseys . -- D.H. Lee of South Korea wiped away a single tear when he realized he had earned a job on the PGA Tour. http://www.nflwholesalecheap... . On the bench. Rollins was benched after a pair of baserunning blunders Thursday in Philadelphias 3-2 win over the New York Mets. [url=http://www.nflwholesalecheapjerseysonline.com/]Cheap Jerseys NFL . Schussler was crowned the new womens 3,000-metre champion with a time of four minutes 9.51 seconds. The Winnipeg native placed ahead of Christine Nesbitt of London, Ont. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . The 40-year-old Nestor, who has won the most doubles titles in history, was unable to nose his fifth-seeded team into the quarter-finals. "They put a lot of pressure on us and conditions favoured them a bit more," said Nestor. ST. LOUIS -- Friends, family, teammates and members of the community filled a church to say goodbye to former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown Jr. He was remembered Saturday morning for his religious beliefs, sense of humour, physical presence and his lifelong desire to play in the NFL. His casket was Cowboys grey with the teams star logo on the inside. His No. 53 Cowboys framed jersey and pictures from his life bracketed the casket, along with a signed helmet from the Indianapolis Colts. Brown, who was signed to the Dallas practice squad in October after being cut from Indianapolis, died when the car he was riding in flipped after hitting a curb. The driver, Josh Brent a teammate with the Cowboys and at the University of Illinois, has been charged with intoxication manslaughter. More than a dozen of his teammates from Illinois and high school attended the service. The Cowboys, who held a service on Tuesday in Dallas, will wear a "53" decal for the remainder of the season to honour Brown. "Im sad, but when I think about Jerry I just think about the happy Jerry," said Jason Davis, who helped recruit Brown to play at the University of Illinois. "He was so humble. He was so funny. He was so good at football." Brown, who was signed to the Dallas practice squad in October after Indianapolis cut him, died when the car he was riding in flipped after hitting a curb early morning Dec. 8. The driver, Josh Brent a teammate with the Cowboys and at Illinois, has been charged with intoxication manslaughter.dddddddddddd Browns youth coach remembered a player so competitive he never seemed pleased. He told about approaching Brown after a game the team handily won and asking the boy why he was crying. "Hes crying these big ol tears and he said, I. I . I didnt touch the ball enough," the coach recalled to a roar of laughter and nodding heads. Several relatives chose to speak to a small media gathering prior to the service. Each said Brown died far earlier than he should but they trusted it was his time. Many also said they believed the funeral would help bring closure to the close-knit family. Andrea Bosquez was the final person to offer condolences during the service. She is scheduled to give birth to a daughter, already named Mya, in February. "I love you," she said looking at the casket. "He was the love of my life. He was my fiance. He was my best friend." The cause of his death was only brought up once in passing, until the ministers began speaking in the second half of the funeral. The four who spoke talked about the evil affects alcohol played in the death but each reminded the gathering that whatever led to Browns death did not diminish the lives involved. "I have no answer for why this happened," one said. "But we live with the decisions - good, bad or otherwise." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes