Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ced by the players on the team." "So not only di -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ced by the players on the team." "So not only di

Started by zake201, 2014/04/26 04:12AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 04:12AM, Views: 259, Posts: 1
ced by the players on the team." "So not only di
#1   2014/04/26 04:12AM
zake201
MONTREAL -- One week after a heart attack, professional wrestling star Jerry "The King" Lawler has been released from a Montreal hospital. A brief statement from World Wrestling Entertainment says the 62-year-old Lawler will be heading home in the next several days. He collapsed at the announcers table at a WWE event at Montreals Bell Centre last Monday night, after suffering a mild heart attack. Lawler, who works mainly as a commentator these days, was also involved in a match earlier in the night. The statement by publicity director Kevin Hennessy says the organization looks forward to his return to WWE in the future. Last week, the WWE said it was hopeful that Lawler would make a full recovery. Cheap Jerseys . In securing their fourth victory in their last six games, Marcin Gortat had 20 points and 10 rebounds and Steve Nash had 13 assists to pace the Suns to a 125-107 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- New Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan has met face-to-face with Dwight Howard, but the team isnt commenting on what was discussed. http://www.nflwholesalecheap... . -- Lindsey Vonn felt pressure to win the season-opening World Cup downhill at Lake Louise, even though she is the most dominant ski racer there. [url=http://www.nflwholesalecheapjerseysonline.com/]Wholesale Jerseys . Quesne finished with four straight birdies to lead at 9 under. Danny Willett of England shot a second straight 67 to trail the leader. Fog delayed the start at the Crans-sur-Sierre club, and poor visibility ended play with two groups still to finish their rounds. Cheap Jerseys NFL . -- Given where the Kansas City Royals are, manager Ned Yost will savour any victory.COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. - On the day before Barry Larkin and the late Ron Santo are inducted into the Hall of Fame, Tim McCarver and Bob Elliott were the centre of attention. The two were honoured Saturday in a ceremony at Doubleday Field. McCarver received the Ford C. Frick Award for his contributions in broadcasting, while Elliott of the Toronto Sun was given the J.G. Taylor Spink Award for sports writing. It was the second straight year the awards were not given on induction Sunday. "I received a text from Al Michaels today. The text was very, very thoughtful and very nice. And I also received a text from Bob Costas," McCarver, the former big league catcher in his fourth decade in a broadcast booth, said before the ceremony. "And the reason Im dropping those two names is to show you the importance of the weekend that Bob and Barry and the family of Ron Santo and I are about to experience. "Im humbled by the whole experience. ... Its very difficult to be here without being overwhelmed. And I am. And Im trying to get over it so I can get through my talk." While Elliott, a national fixture in Canada for the past 30 years, also called the honour "humbling," he did recall with some joy a school guidance counsellor who wasnt exactly encouraging. "He said, What do you want to be? and I said, Id like to work at the newspaper. So hes looking at my marks and laughing and said, Youve got a 61 in English Composition and youve got a 63 in English. Youve got no chance," Elliott said. "I said, Sir, Ive been working there for three years on weekends. He said, You can never work there full-time. Maybe you can get a job at the Napanee Beaver. Its a bi-weekly. "I went back to a reunion about 20 years later and I couldnt find him. Not that I was looking for him," he said with a smile. The awards presentation also celebrated the three living former managers who led the St. Louis Cardinals to World Series titles: Hall of Famers Red Schoendienst and Whitey Herzog, as well as Tony La Russa, who led the Carrds to the 2011 championship.dddddddddddd. The late afternoon featured an inductee press conference held on the Clark Sports Centers gymnasium floor, where three of Santos children shared their thoughts on a father who passed away at the age of 70 in 2010 "Were as a family just very honoured to be here representing our father who we know very much wanted to be here, of course, and was looking forward to it," son Ron Santo Jr. said. "Were very honoured and very proud of him and hoping that we can represent him the best that we know we can." Santos daughter, Linda Santo Brown, added: "Were able to experience a little bit of what my dad would and its a remarkable feeling. I feel in a way hes experiencing it through us and thats what gives us true satisfaction." With less than 24 hours before being honoured with his bronze plaque in front of thousands of fans sporting Cincinnati red, Larkin began his pre-induction press conference talking about what the lead-up has been like. "Im really excited about this. The last couple of days have been great," he said. "Ive spent a lot of time with many of the Hall of Famers and theyve made me feel very welcomed here and very comfortable." As for his induction speech, Larkin, the longtime Reds shortstop now working for ESPN, gave some clues as to what to expect. "Ive been very vocal about the keys to my success as a player. And what those are basically is what Ill speak about during my speech," Larkin said. "Its the perspective that guys gave me when I first got to the big leagues. The tone that they set, the work acumen that I followed, the work ethic that they talked about, the requirements to be a professional, how to handle success and failure, all those things that my mother and father instilled in me as a young boy but they were reinforced by the players on the team." "So not only did they help me on the field with becoming a better player but they helped me also become a better person on and off the field." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes