Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

r a team that plans to run as r a team that plans ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

r a team that plans to run as r a team that plans to run as

Started by lili, 2014/04/27 04:26AM
Latest post: 2014/04/27 04:26AM, Views: 263, Posts: 1
r a team that plans to run as r a team that plans to run as
#1   2014/04/27 04:26AM
lili
HELSINKI, FINLAND – Boone Jenner isnt sure what else he could have done. The Canadian centre was assessed a major charging penalty and a game misconduct for a hit on Jesper Pettersson in the second period of Saturdays exhibition game against Sweden. Pettersson, a defenceman who plays for Linkopings HC in the Swedish Elite League, was stretchered off the ice and could be heard yelling in agony as he was loaded into an ambulance and left the Helsinki Ice Hall. Pettersson sustained a shoulder injury and will miss the world junior championship. "It happened pretty fast," Jenner said after Canadas 2-1 shootout win. "I was just in on the forecheck, forechecking hard, just trying to finish my check and thought I made sure my arm and my shoulder were down so I thought it was a clean hit." Its possible Jenner, one of six returning players on the Canadian roster, will face supplemental discipline from the IIHF. "Thats kind of out of my control now," said Jenner, a Columbus Blue Jackets prospect, who plays for the OHLs Oshawa Generals. "Like I said, I thought it was a clean hit." Canadian head coach Steve Spott certainly doesnt think his third-line centre should face further sanctions. "Boone is an aggressive player, he was in hard on the forecheck, he made contact shoulder to shoulder," said Spott. "You can argue that it was late, the puck wasnt there, [so it could have been called] interference, maybe a charge, but ultimately, in our mind, in my mind specifically, there shouldnt be any extra punishment." "We thought it was pretty good hit," said Canadian centre Ryan Strome. "Thats what he brings to the table. We saw him hit like that last year and hes going to put his heart on the line for the team and when hes in the lineup were a better team so we hope hes around." Spott believes the call on Jenner was the most blatant example of what was a series of bad calls by referees Jari-Pekka Pajula and Anssi Salonen, who work in the Finnish Elite League. "We know the standards are different over here," said Spott, also the head coach and general manager of the OHLs Kitchener Rangers. "Our players are prepared, but ultimately, in the first two games, I think, as a hockey person, not as Team Canadas head coach, as a hockey person, I dont think anyone can argue that the level of officiating in the first two games for all the teams has not been at the level that were probably used to and should expect." Eleven Canadian players have combined to take 18 penalties during the two pre-tournament games. Dougie Hamilton (four), Ryan Strome (three), Ty Rattie (two) and Scott Harrington (two) were the multiple offenders. Three of the four goals allowed by Canada have come with the team shorthanded. And two of the goals came with Canada two men down. ** A full list of every Team Canada penalty taken on Thursday and Saturday is available at the bottom of the article. ** On Saturday, Spott pointed out that the officials werent even sure if the game-deciding shootout should feature three shooters or five. After Canada scored twice (Jonathan Huberdeau and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) in its three attempts and Sweden snuck just one puck by Jordan Binnington there was an awkward moment on the ice. "We knew it was a three-man shootout, but unfortunately the officials werent aware of that so its just another example of a long day on the ice for the stripes," said Spott. "We didnt know if it was three or five shooters and Spotter was yelling, Three, and the Swedish bench was yelling, five," said Rattie, describing the bizarre scene. Rattie actually took one of the few penalties that Spott felt was warranted, a holding call when he was back-checking in the first period. "There were a couple of penalties, the [Ryan] Strome penalty and the Rattie penalty, that were well-deserved in the first period," said Spott. "I didnt like either one of those and the players heard about that." Hamilton leads Canada with four penalties in the two games. The Niagara IceDogs defenceman only has 32 penalty minutes in 32 OHL games this season. "I got to learn from it and be careful, just got to keep my stick down and just try play more puck I guess and just not be as stupid out there," Hamilton said. Heres a list of Canadas penalties: vs. Finland on Thursday: 1st Period 1. Dougie Hamilton - Cross-checking 2. Ty Rattie - Slashing 3. Ryan Strome - High-sticking 4. Scott Harrington - Cross-checking 2nd Period 5. Dougie Hamilton (2) - Hooking 6. Mark Scheifele - Tripping 3rd Period 7. Xavier Ouellet - Cross-checking 8. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Slashing 9. Scott Harrington (2) - Roughing 10. Ryan Strome (2) - Cross-checking vs. Sweden on Saturday 1st Period 11. Ty Rattie (2) - Holding 12. Ryan Strome (3) - Cross-checking13. Phillip Danault - Boarding 2nd Period 14. Dougie Hamilton (3) - Roughing 15. Jonathan Huberdeau - Slashing 16. Griffin Reinhart - Delay of game 17. Boone Jenner - Charging 3rd Period 18. Dougie Hamilton (4) - Slashing nfl jerseys china . -- Trevor Plouffe has struggled since returning from the disabled list and hitting into a triple play only served to highlight his recent problems. cheap jerseys from china . The Canadians insist theyre not paranoid, but recent revelations that teammate Olivier Jeans skate was sabotaged by a competitor has opened the uncomfortable possibility of tampering in their world. http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesal... . According to CBSSports.com, outfielder Juan Pierre has agreed to a deal to return to the Marlins. Juan C. Rodriguez of The Sun Sentinel is reporting that the deal is for one-year that will pay Pierre $1. [url=http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesale.com/]wholesale jerseys from china . For the first two years after he joined the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007, he was more of a brand than a player, his impact at Americas cash registers far greater than any transformation on the field. wholesale jerseys . Franz, who flew back to Austria on Tuesday, tells national radio station Oe3 hes "looking forward to getting some rest at home. These were some mad days. The headaches have lessened.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Bobcats have a new coach, a new colour scheme and three new players. Charlotte is ushering in what it hopes is a new era in Bobcats basketball. Michael Jordans Bobcats Friday introduced rookies Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out of Kentucky and Vanderbilts Jeffery Taylor along with trade acquisition Ben Gordon during press conference at their arena, three players the team hopes will help turn things around on the court. They hired Mike Dunlap as head coach a week ago and changed their uniform colours and logo. The Bobcats are coming off a 7-59 season, the worst winning percentage in NBA history (.106), but are eager to put all of that behind them. "Theres no question about it," Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins said. "Its a special time in our franchise, our city and our community. Its a different time for us and as a franchise were looking forward to the future and not whats in the past." Kidd-Gilchrist, selected No. 2 overall in the draft, is expected to be a big part of that future. "I just want to win basketball games," Kidd-Gilchrist, who lost just four games last season while helping the Wildcats to a national championship. "The past is the past around here." Added Taylor: "I couldnt have said it better myself." Kidd-Gilchrist and Taylor both play small forward, although they have different strengths. Taylor is a better shooter, while Kidd-Gilchrist is known as a very solid defender who can cover any position on the floor and also is effective in transition, which should bode well for playing in Dunlaps up-tempo offence. Kidd-Gilchrist comes into the NBA as the youngest player in the league at a ripe age of 18. "Hes just a kid," said his mother Cynthia Richardson. "In reality, he should be going into his senior year of high school." But Kidd-Gilchrist doesnt lack for focus and said he relishes the task ahead. "This is my job now so I have to go do it," said Kidd-Gilchrist, who averaged 11.9 points per game in his only season at Kentucky before declaring himself eligible for the draft. Kidd-Gilchrist comess to area of the country known largely for a lighter shade of blue than he wore in college -- Tar Heel blue, which was worn by Jordan when he played at North Carolina.dddddddddddd Kidd-Gilchrist said he didnt know much about the Tar Heels, but drew laughs from crowed when he said, "I won a national championship, thats all I know." Gordon, who joined the team on Wednesday, immediately becomes one of the more experienced players on a young roster. He averaged better than 20 points per game his final season with the Chicago Bulls, but failed to come close to replicating those numbers the past three seasons with the Detroit Pistons. He was acquired along with the future first-round draft pick in exchange for veteran small forward Corey Maggette. "I have a lot of years of experience I can share with these guys," Gordon said. "Ive been on a winning team and teams that havent been winning. One thing I can show them is always maintaining a good work ethic and just around the locker room." The Bobcats are hoping he will also provide some perimeter shooting. Charlotte shot just 29.5 per cent from beyond the 3-point arc, worst in the league. Gordon comes to the Bobcats with the 12th best shooting percentage (40.6 per cent) among active players. "I think with my ability to shoot the ball from the outside, I think Ill be able to make an immediate impact in a much-needed area," Gordon said. With the draft complete the Bobcats are turning their attention to free agency. They have more than $20 million to spend under the salary cap and are expected to use some of that money to sign a big man. The Bobcats dont have a true centre on the roster outside of Gana Diop, who has struggled with weight problems and doesnt seem like a great fit for a team that plans to run as much as the Bobcats. Bismack Biyombo and Byron Mullens are primarily considered power forwards. The Bobcats would also like to add some height in the backcourt. Its all part of a new beginning in Charlotte. "Free agency is right around the corner," Higgins said. "We have another avenue that we have to attack." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes