Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

marsson also didnt play for Chicago, serving th - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

marsson also didnt play for Chicago, serving th

Started by zake201, 2014/04/27 06:39AM
Latest post: 2014/04/27 06:39AM, Views: 256, Posts: 1
marsson also didnt play for Chicago, serving th
#1   2014/04/27 06:39AM
zake201
RENTON, Wash. -- Brandon Browner is not a typical NFL cornerback. The six-foot-four, 221-pound Browner towers over the Seattle Seahawks secondary. He looks out of place, like a wiry linebacker. But the Seahawks are hoping he can bring a physical presence to the edge of their defence. "The only guy I can ever think of that was this big was Mel Blount a million years ago," coach Pete Carroll said Friday. "He just is so tall. Most people would say he cant play being that tall, but hes doing it." Carroll had the chance to recruit Browner when he was the head coach at Southern California. Browner was a standout player at Sylmar High School, just north of Los Angeles. But Carroll decided to pass. Browner went on to star for Oregon State and was an undrafted free agent when he signed with Denver in 2005. The Broncos decided to move him to safety. The transition was a difficult one for Browner, who broke his arm in a pre-season game against San Francisco and was placed on injured reserve. He eventually was released and signed with the Canadian Football Leagues Calgary Stampeders. Browner made the CFL all-star team each of the past three seasons. "Ive matured," Browner said. "When I came out I was an underclassman. I was only 20 years old. Im 27 now, so a lot of things have changed over the years. "I did well up there in the CFL and it all worked out the way it was supposed to. Im back where I want to be." Carroll didnt pass up another opportunity to chase Browner. "I had lost track of him -- that he was playing in Canada for a few years and he was all-Canada or whatever and made the all-star team (three) years in a row, I said lets bring him in," Carroll said. "Lets see what weve got. I always knew that he was very effective at the line of scrimmage." With second-year cornerback Walter Thurmond missing time with an ankle sprain, Browner has been thrown in with the first-team defence opposite cornerback Marcus Trufant. Hes been matched up against the Seahawks larger wide receivers, Mike Williams and Sidney Rice, during workouts. "He kind of has the physical attributes were looking for, good speed, good size, good strength," defensive backs coach Kris Richard said. "Put it all together with a little bit of technique and a lot of wins should come out of that, so hes doing a fantastic job thus far." Seattle ranked 27th against the pass last season. Larger receivers proved to be a really difficult matchup. Dwayne Bowe had 13 catches for 170 yards and three touchdowns in a 42-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Hakeem Nicks had six catches for 128 yards and a touchdown for the New York Giants. With Thurmonds injury, the coaching staff is getting an extended chance to evaluate Browner with the hope he could be the piece to help keep opposing receivers in check. "Hes come out here and hes competed like crazy," Carroll said. "Hes had some very good days, one after another. Hes a four-year professional veteran if you look at it. Hes played a ton of football games and he just keeps growing and he fits in. Im looking for him to challenge for some play time. He looks like he can do that. Were so fortunate that we hit that so well see how it goes." NOTES: The Seahawks have signed RB Thomas Clayton, who was released by the New England Patriots on Wednesday. ... Carroll said DT Colin Cole (ankle) and CB Roy Lewis (knee) are still at least a couple weeks away from being able to get on the field. ... WR Ben Obomanu is away from the team after a death in the family. ... WR Deon Butler, TE Cameron Morrah, DT Red Bryant, DE Dexter Davis, CB Walter Thurmond, OL Caz Piurowski and WR Dominique Edison also did not practice on Friday. cheap ray ban . Moffat converted a big rebound for Houston (5-4-4) after FC Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman made a save on a corner kick by Brad Davis. FC Dallas (3-9-4) is winless in its last 10 games and played the last 26 minutes with just 10 players after Jair Benitez was given a red card. Ray Ban Outlet Mall .J. Mayo scored 13 points, rookie Jae Crowder added 12 and the Dallas Mavericks beat the New Orleans Hornets 87-74 on Monday night. http://www.officialraybansun... . Brock Dykxhoorn of Goderich, Ont., provided 7 1-3 solid innings on the mound as Canada took first place in Group B with a 4-1 record and sets up a game with the United States late Wednesday in the first of three second-round games. [url=http://www.officialraybansunglassesoutlet.com/]ray ban wayfarer sunglasses . You can watch Raonic play Paul-Henri Mathieu of France live on TSN2 and TSN.ca at approximately 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt. Ray Ban Aviators Sunglasses . -- Jason Vargas already had an efficient night -- and his job became that much easier as his defence turned double plays to shorten his outing.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Marty Turco was so good for the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday night that coach Joel Quenneville said he was "sharp." He didnt mean it with a capital s but maybe he should have. Patrick Sharp broke open a one-goal game with two second-period scores to lead the Blackhawks past the Columbus Blue Jackets, 5-2 on Friday night. "He had one of those nights," Quenneville said. Sharps career best in shots coming in was 10; he had nine through two periods and finished with 13. Asked why he had the big shooting night, the seven-year vet said, "I dont know. Thats a good question. Its a team mindset just to throw pucks on net." Marian Hossa and Tomas Kopecky each added a goal and an assist and Viktor Stalberg also had a goal for the Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks. Turco followed a mediocre performance in his first two games with 30 saves. "It doesnt really feel like its a load off my shoulders," said Turco, an off-season free-agent signing who came in with an 0-1-1 record, 3.42 goals-against average and .896 save percentage. "But it is nice, for sure, to win. I didnt put as much thought into it as a lot of people did." Quenneville felt it was a nice bounceback for the veteran. "Turks was fine," he said. "He was effective and made several quality stops. He looked sharp." R.J. Umbergers short-handed goal drew Columbus to 2-1 early in the second period. Midway through the period, Sharp countered with a short-handed goal of his own after Columbus Antoine Vermette gave up the puck with an unforced mistake in the offensive zone. Sharp swooped in on a 2-on-1 at the otther end, netting a shot from near the left dot.dddddddddddd "Thats the worst," Vermette said of the Blue Jackets play. "Youre going to get those games during the season, its a long season. We wanted to perform well in front of our fans. We were very disappointed about that tonight." Two minutes later, Troy Brouwers shot from a hard angle was deflected by goalie Steve Mason off his left leg pad -- but the puck went directly to a waiting Sharp, who jammed it in for his third of the season. "He almost got the (hat) trick," Quenneville said. "He scored on a nice play short-handed. That was a big goal in response to their shortie." A capacity crowd booed the Blue Jackets -- opening their 10th season -- in the third period when they failed to get off a shot on a power play. Kristian Huselius added a goal in new coach Scott Arniels Columbus debut. "That was a big, fat egg we laid," Arniel said. "Systemwise, we were loose. All the games weve played, exhibitions with all the kids weve had in there, thats the loosest weve been since weve been trying to get things going here. Everything we tried to do backfired on us. All 20 players had a tough night." NOTES: The Blackhawks were without RW Patrick Kane (undisclosed illness) and D Brian Campbell (sprained knee). ... Huselius goal was his third of the season and gave him goals in all three Columbus games. ... Niklas Hjalmarsson also didnt play for Chicago, serving the second of his two-game suspension for a hit on Buffalos Jason Pominville. ... Hossa has points in all five Blackhawks games, with four goals and three assists. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes