Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d him for infielder Paul Janish on July 14. Navarr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d him for infielder Paul Janish on July 14. Navarro

Started by zake201, 2014/04/28 09:36AM
Latest post: 2014/04/28 09:36AM, Views: 274, Posts: 1
d him for infielder Paul Janish on July 14. Navarro
#1   2014/04/28 09:36AM
zake201
PRAGUE, Czech Republic -- The Czech Republic is one win away from retaining the Fed Cup after Lucie Safarova and Petra Kvitova won the opening singles in straight sets against first-time finalist Serbia on Saturday. Safarova gave the Czechs a flying start on the indoor hard-court at the O2 Arena by beating Ana Ivanovic 6-4, 6-3, and Kvitova doubled the advantage with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Jelena Jankovic. The eighth-ranked Kvitova, who led the Czechs to victory over Russia in the final last year, pumped her fist after securing her 11th consecutive victory in Fed Cup singles. She showed no sign of the bronchitis that forced her to withdraw from last weeks WTA Championships. "Unbelievable," said Kvitova, who hit 28 winners compared to 15 by Jankovic. "Actually, I was surprised by how I played. I didnt know what I can expect from myself on the court." It was the first Fed Cup loss in two years for Jankovic, a former No. 1. Kvitova double-faulted to drop serve in the fifth game before breaking twice to take the first set. Applying her big forehand and serve, she then raced to 5-0 in the second. She converted her second match point when Jankovics backhand sailed long. "She was really on a roll," Jankovic said about Kvitova. "I had chances in the first set but she came up with really some unbelievable shots. There was nothing I could do at times. She had a great day." Kvitova could clinch the title on Sunday in the first reverse singles match against Ivanovic. The Serb leads their head-to-head record 3-1, but Kvitova won their last meeting in the Australian Open. "Shes got nothing to lose," Kvitova said about Ivanovic. "But I boosted my confidence and hope to succeed again." Safarova is also scheduled to take on Jankovic, then the final ends with the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka, who reached the U.S. Open and Wimbledon finals this season, against Bojana Jovanovski and Aleksandra Krunic. Safarova was pleased to win the opener before an ecstatic sell-out home crowd. She improved to 4-2 against Ivanovic. "After I lost both matches in the final last year, I desperately wanted to win," Safarova said. "We were both nervous at the start but I got rid of it. I was improving throughout the match. It was very important to win." Ivanovic, another former No. 1, looked frustrated and was unable to find her rhythm throughout their match, hitting eight double-faults and making 32 unforced errors. "Im very very disappointed that I didnt manage to get the first point for our team," she said. "I had plenty of opportunities but I just wasnt executing when it was important. It was very frustrating." The Czechs won their first title last year since Czechoslovakias split in 1993. Czechoslovakia won five times, including three straight from 1983-85. Cheap Jerseys . Russia steamrolled its way to the title Sunday with an impressive 6-2 victory over Slovakia, completing a perfect run through a tournament where it was barely even threatened. Cheap Jerseys NFL . Both of the big plays helped the San Diego Padres beat the NL West champion San Francisco Giants 7-3 on Saturday night. Headley continued his breakout season with a two-run homer, his 30th. http://www.nflwholesalecheap... . In a match between two of the top teams in Serie A, Federico Peluso put Juventus ahead with a header following a free kick in the 63rd minute. Juventus had chances to double its lead, including a shot off the post from Arturo Vidal in the 72nd, and paid the price when Stefano Mauri equalized for Lazio in the 86th. [url=http://www.nflwholesalecheapjerseysonline.com/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys . It sure took a while. Cook went six innings for his first victory of the season, and Dexter Fowler and Mark Ellis each had three hits and drove in a run as the Colorado Rockies beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-4 on Friday night. Wholesale Jerseys . Here are five quick NBA thoughts. 1. STEVE NASH (Lakers): Over 40 minutes vs.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco planned to appeal his three-game suspension for making contact with an umpire during an argument. The rookie will be sidelined for a while anyway because of a concussion. Mesoraco was placed on the seven-day disabled list for concussions before Wednesday nights game against San Diego. Cincinnati also optioned right-hander Todd Redmond to Triple-A Louisville and called up catcher Dioner Navarro from its top farm club. Newly acquired reliever Jonathan Broxton, obtained in a trade Tuesday with Kansas City for two minor leaguers, was added to the active roster. Broxton was expected to arrive in Cincinnati just in time for Wednesday nights game. Mesoraco was injured in a collision with Cameron Maybin near home plate in the second inning of Monday nights 11-5 loss to the Padres. The catcher was later ejected for arguing balls and strikes. Before leaving the field, he poked a finger at plate umpire Chad Fairchilds chest protector and bumped him. Mesoraco played six innings Tuesday in a 7-6 Reds win before leaving with what was described as heat-related dizziness. He was suspended and fined an undisclosed amount Wednesday by Major League Baseball for making contact with Fairchild. Once he comes off the DL, Mesoraco will be allowed to play until his appeal is heard. He decided to challenge the penalty after speaking with general manager Walt Jocketty and manager Dusty Baker. "Theyll look at my side. Theyll look at the umpires side. Ill state my case, and well see what happens," Mesoraco said. "Whatever happens, happens. I just want to do the least amount to hurt the team." His goaal is to avoid missing games.dddddddddddd "I dont care what they fine me," he said. Mesoraco said he was trying to stick up for his pitchers Monday. "We werent getting many calls, and I want to earn the respect of the players. I dont need the umpires to like me. Im trying to earn respect in the clubhouse," he said. Mike Leake, who started the game for Cincinnati, said he appreciated Mesoracos efforts. "Its always good when somebody sticks up for others," Leake said. "Its always nice when a catcher sticks up for his pitchers." Baker, however, wishes Mesoraco had tried a more subtle approach. "Stick up, not stick out," the manager said, extending his right arm in a mime of Mesoracos actions. "Its a tough situation for him. Hes young. Weve all been there." Mesoraco was batting .221 with five homers and 14 RBIs in 46 games for the NL Central leaders. His punishment was handed out by Joe Garagiola Jr., senior vice-president of standards and on-field operations for MLB. Redmond was recalled Tuesday from Louisville when left-hander Bill Bray went on the 15-day disabled list with back problems. Redmond has been called up to the majors three times this season but is yet to make his big league debut. He came up once with Atlanta for three days and twice for one-day stints with the Reds, who acquired him for infielder Paul Janish on July 14. Navarro, signed in January by the Reds as a minor league free agent, has spent the year at Louisville, where he was a midseason All-Star in the International League. He was hitting .330 with four home runs and 27 RBIs in 57 games with the Bats. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes