Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s sixth on their home track in Calgary. "We are de...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s sixth on their home track in Calgary. "We are definitely happy with this considering in August I didnt even know if I was going to be abl

Started by lili, 2014/04/29 08:45AM
Latest post: 2014/04/29 08:45AM, Views: 263, Posts: 1
s sixth on their home track in Calgary. "We are definitely happy with ...
#1   2014/04/29 08:45AM
lili
TORONTO -- The Ticats season has been long on what might have been and Thursdays finale was no different. Hamilton lost 43-40 to Toronto on a last-second 51-yard field goal from Swayze Waters, ending its slim playoff hopes. Even had the Ticats (6-12) won the wild and woolly game, they would have needed Edmonton to lose Friday to Calgary to complete their back-door entry into the post-season. Hamilton had beaten Winnipeg the previous week to remain alive in the playoff hunt. But in a game where Toronto -- secure in its playoff schedule -- rested 10 regulars and had another starter sidelined by suspension, the Tiger-Cats made life difficult for themselves. Henry Burris threw for 497 yards and four touchdowns but also had two interceptions. The Ticats also gave up two fumbles. "We gave them points," said Burris. "In a game of this magnitude you cant have that happen." "I applaud the players efforts but we had far too many mistakes tonight," echoed grim-faced coach George Cortez. "We did dig ourselves a hole," he added. "We got to the lip of the cup, but we didnt get out of the cup." Thanks in part to an interception returned for a TD, the visitors were 20-3 down before the first quarter was done. "Pretty much sums up our season," said linebacker Rey Williams. "Seems like we didnt get any breaks," added Burris. "Just little details, errors, mistakes. More mental mistakes than anything else, thats killed us all year. "At the end of the day, this was pretty much our season in a nutshell. Weve shown great flashes and done some great things, but when you have too many little things that add up at the end, that usually haunts you at the end of the day." As Toronto dug deeper into its bench, Hamilton mounted yet another comeback in the fourth quarter with two late touchdowns. At 40-40, it seemed like the game was going to overtime. But third-string quarterback Zach Collaros -- fourth-string if you count normal starter Ricky Ray, who was in street clothes on the sidelines -- did enough to bring Waters into field goal range with no time on the clock. "This is something you never want to get used to," Burris said. "A lot of guys in this room are used to do nothing but winning and playing in the playoffs. "This is a tough pill to swallow. Toronto gave us opportunities to win tonight but its like we didnt take advantage of them and we constantly gave it back to them and gave them chances to win." After clawing its way back to 3-2 following two losses to start the season, Hamilton closed out with a 3-10 run. And it finishes with a 1-8 away record, an ominous sign for a franchise without a home stadium next season. The early exit is a poor result for a season with some eye-popping individual statistics. Receiver-returner Chris Williams hauled in two passes for TDs, for a club-record 17. Burris finished with a club-record 42 touchdown passes, becoming one of only five CFL quarterbacks to throw for more than 40 TDs in a season. But now they are just numbers. And players like Williams are left looking at a "long laundry list" of problems. "All types of stuff. But the biggest thing is I dont think we ever got on the same page for whatever reason. We couldnt put games together. Inconsistent." For Burris, missing out on the playoffs at 37 is especially painful. "You never want to let these opportunities pass because you never can get them back. And at the end of the day when you look back, all youre going to say is What if?" Cortez, meanwhile, refused to get drawn into a debate over the relative strength of the Toronto team on the night. "I dont care who youre playing against. The loss is a loss." And he wasnt much for looking back at the season. "We lost three games in a row on the last play of the game. Obviously if those were three wins, wed be in a different situation right now." Burris said effort was never at a issue. Spurts of bad football sank the club. "When were playing good football, we look good. But we play bad, its well evident. Thats something weve had to battle against all year and, at the end of the day, it bit us in the rear." nfl jerseys china . The schools announcement Thursday did not project Kabongos status beyond Friday night. Texas plays again Monday night. The decision to withhold the sophomore from the opener was a university decision. wholesale jerseys .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2012. And TSNs reporters and analysts who covered the events as they happened offer their personal reflections on the stories. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnf... . -- The New England Patriots have placed the franchise tag on Wes Welker, the receiver who caught more passes than anyone else in the NFL last season but couldnt come down with one that might have clinched a Super Bowl victory. [url=http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/]wholesale jerseys from china . -- Asked about the season title scenarios entering the Champions Tour finale, Tom Lehman said all he knew was "if I win, I win. cheap jerseys from china . 4 Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland swept past former champion Greta Arn 6-2, 6-2 on Tuesday to reach the second round of the ASB Classic.IGLS, Austria -- Alex Gough of Canada earned a bronze medal in the womens season-opening luge World Cup race on Saturday. The 25-year-old Calgarian finished behind a German 1-2 finish, with Anke Wischnewski winning gold ahead of Natalie Geisenberger. Gough was 0.152 back of Wischnewskis winning aggregate time of one minute 19.836 seconds to beat Geisenberger by 0.074. It was Goughs eighth World Cup medal and second consecutive bronze in Igls. She won world championship bronze in 2011 as well as three World Cup gold medals over the past two seasons. "I worked very hard this summer to bring the focus back to myself and away from things that I cant control because I do believe I perform better if thats where my focus is," said Gough. "I think last season I started weighing myself down with expectations, but I know if I pull fast starts and have clean runs I can be right there and I was able to do that today." On the mens side, Tobias Wendl and Tobias Arlt earned Germany another 1-2 finish, beating Toni Eggert and Sascha Benecken in the mens doubles race.dddddddddddd Wendl and Arlt timed 1:19.464 over two heats to edge Eggert and Benecken by 0.033 for their 14th World Cup win. Eggert and Benecken posted the fastest second run in a track-record time of 39.706 seconds. Austrias Peter Penz and Georg Fischler were 0.105 behind in third, ahead of defending World Cup champions Andreas Linger and Wolfgang Linger, who trailed the winners by 0.204. Tristan Walker, of Cochrane, Alta., and Calgarys Justin Snith, finished seventh in 1:19.994. Their best World Cup result is sixth on their home track in Calgary. "We are definitely happy with this considering in August I didnt even know if I was going to be able to slide," said Walker, who badly injured his hand this summer. "I really didnt know how we were going to do with our starts, but it went well today. I do think we are now ready to make a move and can be right there with the best." The World Cup meet concludes with a mens race and team relay on Sunday. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes