Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

MILWAUKEE -- Reliever Mike Gonzalez and the Milwau...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

MILWAUKEE -- Reliever Mike Gonzalez and the Milwaukee Brewers have finalized a $2.25 million, one-year contract. The deal with the 34-year-old left-hander, which had been agreed to on Dec. 28, allows him to earn an additional $400,000 in performances. Gon

Started by wde, 2014/05/14 03:06AM
Latest post: 2014/05/14 03:06AM, Views: 305, Posts: 1
MILWAUKEE -- Reliever Mike Gonzalez and the Milwaukee Brewers have fin...
#1   2014/05/14 03:06AM
wde
MILWAUKEE -- Reliever Mike Gonzalez and the Milwaukee Brewers have finalized a $2.25 million, one-year contract. The deal with the 34-year-old left-hander, which had been agreed to on Dec. 28, allows him to earn an additional $400,000 in performances. Gonzalez had a 3.03 ERA and no record in 47 games last year with Washington, holding left-handed hitters to a .179 batting average. He has a 17-21 record with a 2.94 ERA and 56 saves with Pittsburgh (2003-06), Atlanta (2007-09), Baltimore (2010-11), Texas (2011) and Washington (2012). In addition to his base salary, Gonzalez would earn $50,000 for 25 games finished, $75,000 each for 30 and 35, and $100,000 apiece for 40 and 50. To clear a roster spot, Milwaukee designated right-hander Arcenio Leon for assignment. Cheap NFL Jerseys . On Tuesday, both sides finally got their wish. After a 5 1/2-week absence from the Colts off-season workouts, the No. 1 overall draft pick showed up in a red No. Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys . Lucic, a second-round choice in 2006, is a Vancouver native and was a key part of Bostons 2011 Stanley Cup victory over the Canucks. He had five goals and seven assists in that championship run. "I have spent five great years here in Boston and Ive really embraced the city and the Boston Bruins, and they have embraced me," he said in a conference call. http://www.nfljerseyscheapwho... . Theisen, from Humboldt, Sask., cruised to 6,440 points at the NCAA outdoor championships, the best since Diane Guthrue-Gresham of George Mason scored 6,527 back in 1995. [url=http://www.nfljerseyscheapwholesalechina.com/]Jerseys From China . -- Marc Trestman had it all mapped out, right up to the Chicago Bears championship parade. cheap jerseys from china . -- Brady Quinn is getting another shot on the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback merry-go-round.WALTON ON THE HILL, England - Rory McIlroys unwillingness to adapt his game to links golf led some of the sports elder statesmen to say his attitude must change. Less than a month after winning the U.S. Open at Congressional by eight shots for his first major title, McIlroy struggled last week in the wet and windy British Open at Royal St. Georges. Closing rounds of 74 and 73 left the 22-year-old Northern Irishman not only tied for 25th, but disillusioned about the harsh nature of links golf. After the final round, McIlroy said he wasnt a fan of tournaments where the "outcome is predicted so much by the weather," adding that "theres no point in changing your game for one week a year." On Wednesday, 1991 Masters champion Ian Woosnam and three-time major winner Nick Price said McIlroy had to be ready to adapt his game to links conditions. "Hes only a young kid, hes going to say the wrong things every now and then and hes probably now thinking, What the hell have I said," Woosnam said a day before the start of play in the Senior British Open. "Of course, to be a true golfer, you have to be able to play around the world, play in different kind of golf conditions. Tiger (Woods) adapted, (Jack) Nicklaus adapted, (Arnold) Palmer adapted. They all adapted. He needs to adapt. Its his age, but hes got the ability to do whatever he wants to do." Price, who mastered links conditions to win the British Open at Turnberry in 1994, was surprised that McIlroy held such views given that he grew up playing so much links golf in Northern Ireland. "He has to get his mind set right for that — hes going to have 20 or 30 Open Championships in his career and he doesnt want to have that attitude,"t; Price said.dddddddddddd "Hed better get out there and start liking those courses and figure out a way to play. If hes a good enough player, he will do that. "Every great player adapts to the conditions. He may not like it as much as playing on parkland courses but he will learn, I guarantee it." McIlroy did find an unexpected ally in Tom Watson, however. The 61-year-old American is a five-time winner of the British Open and widely regarded as the finest exponent of links golf around, demonstrating his prowess last week by producing a brilliant 72 in horrific conditions in the third round. Still, Watson knows exactly what McIlroy is going through. Hes been there himself. "Honestly, he sounded like I did when I was his age playing links golf," Watson said. "I did not like links golf. I did not like the bounce. I did not like the firmness of the greens, and the wind so much, and I didnt like the uncertainty. When I hit a shot the way I thought it should go, it should stop. In American golf, it stops where you want it. "Hell change. Hell get to a point where hell understand the difficulties in the way that you have to manage yourself on links golf courses." Asked how many years it took him to come round to links golf, Watson replied: "Four. It just so happened I won two of them." Woosnam said he believes McIlroys attitude will change. "I think its difficult for the kid. Everyone was comparing him to Tiger Woods but at the end of the day hes only won three tournaments. And one of them was a major," said the 53-year-old Welshman, who captained Europe to Ryder Cup success in 2006. "I think weve got to ease off on the kid. Hes got to develop." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes