Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and WR Jordan White practiced in pads for the firs...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and WR Jordan White practiced in pads for the first time in training camp after being activated from the

Started by amy11, 2014/03/05 05:43AM
Latest post: 2014/03/05 05:43AM, Views: 366, Posts: 1
and WR Jordan White practiced in pads for the first time in training c...
#1   2014/03/05 05:43AM
amy11
TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays declined to offer a 2013 contract to catcher Bobby Wilson on Friday. The 29-year-old was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays from the Los Angeles Angels on Oct. 22. Wilson batted .211 with three home runs and 13 RBIs in 75 games last season with the Angels. In parts of five seasons in the majors, Wilson has a .208 average with eight homers and 37 RBIs. The move brings Torontos 40-man roster to 39. Klay Thompson Jersey . The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasnt been officially announced. Free agents cannot sign new contracts until July 11 and because the 7-foot Asik is restricted, the Bulls have three days to decide whether to match Houstons offer or let him go. David Lee Jersey . He took off on a 90-foot dash to his own finish line at first base. No medals, just a needed victory for the Phillies. http://www.shopthewarr... . -- San Francisco 49ers kicker David Akers bounced a ball off the crossbar and through the uprights from 63 yards just before halftime, tying an NFL record in Sundays game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. [url=http://www.shopthewarriors.com/Mitch-Richmond-Jersey/]Mitch Richmond Warriors Jersey . -- Charlie Beljan was worried about keeping his PGA Tour card when he showed up at Disney for the final tournament of the year. Latrell Sprewell Warriors Jersey . Samuel opened the final round of the Royale Cup Canadian Womens Senior Championship with a double bogey but recovered with six birdies to shoot 3-under par 71.CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Antonio Cromartie meant no disrespect, but he meant what he said. The New York Jets cornerback started a mini-feud earlier this week when he told "ESPN First Take" that hed rank himself as the No. 2 wide receiver on the team, behind only Santonio Holmes. Chaz Schilens called it "a slight" and coach Rex Ryan quickly quashed any tensions during a team meeting by telling his players to be "mindful" of what they say in public. "Honestly, I didnt mean anything by it," Cromartie said Friday, speaking about his comments for the first time. "My whole thing was I was just simply explaining why I said it, that I could be one of the No. 2 receivers on the team by my physical traits and my work ethic. Thats how I feel. That was my opinion. Of course, you guys want to blow it up, but were going to let that go." Cromartie, who could actually play some at receiver for the Jets (No. 17 in the AP Pro32) this season, stood by his comment after he was asked on Tuesday where he thinks hed rank on the teams depth chart. "No, I dont regret saying it," he said. "I mean, why would I regret something thats already been said? No, I didnt regret saying it. If the receivers felt like they were disrespected ... at the end of the day, they can come and talk to me and I can explain to them exactly what I meant. But, no I dont regret saying it at all." Both Ryan and offensive co-ordinator Tony Sparano have acknowledged that they might use Cromartie as a wide receiver this season because of his speed and overall athletic abilities. He has lined up at the position twice so far during training camp: once earlier this week in 11-on-11 drills and again Friday during 7-on-7 drills. He hasnt seen a pass come his way on offence, though. "At the end of the day, Im a corner first," Cromartie said, "and whenever that time comes that I go out and play receiver, Ill go out and do it." The Jets might need him. Their receiving corps is depleted right now with Holmes (general soreness) and Schilens (groin) not 100 per cent, and JJeremy Kerley (hamstring) sidelined since camp began.dddddddddddd Ryan thought Cromarties comments were mostly a joke and recognized that Schilens didnt take them as they might have been intended. Schilens called it "a teachable moment," and added that he understood "what I could do differently." "Cros just having fun with that," wide receiver Patrick Turner said. "People want to take certain things out and make them more serious than what it is. Were just out there playing football and guys are competitive, and Im sure guys on offence feel like they can do the same thing on defence but we just dont talk about it." To a man, the players insisted it was no longer an issue, something they only talk about now when the media brings it up. But, at the end of a practice Friday in which the defence mostly dominated, Turner caught a touchdown pass from Mark Sanchez -- beating Cromartie on the play. The offence mobbed Turner and called him "the No. 2 wide receiver," taking a playful jab at Cromartie. "I guess, I can still say I am (the No. 2 receiver), but thats my opinion," Cromartie said. "Mark made a good throw and Patrick might have gotten a good push-off at the end. If you look at it, thats the only play given up all day. Them boys cant catch a ball on our defence." NOTES: NT Sione Pouha has not practiced since needing five or six stitches to close a cut over his left eye on Wednesday. He hopes to return soon, but cant put his helmet on because of where the cut is located ... Rookies LB Demario Davis and WR Jordan White practiced in pads for the first time in training camp after being activated from the physically unable to perform list earlier this week. ... S LaRon Landry, operating on a practice "pitch count," was not dressed and didnt participate for the second straight day. Ryan said Landry would likely participate in every third practice to make sure he doesnt rush back from the Achilles/heel injury that put him on injured reserve at the end of last season with Washington. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes